Header image: Oobaloos Photography (wedding coming soon!)
Happy New Year everyone! We’ve had a wonderful Christmas – but perhaps yours was the best and most exciting EVER?! For all you lovely people who put a ring on it this Christmas, HUGE congratulations! Welcome to the crazy world of weddings!! You’re about to dive into a Pinterest-fuelled, instagram-filled year of weddingy loveliness, swooning over everything from crazy flowers you’ve never heard of to mind-blowing cake design you never even dreamed could be real! And of course – wedding blogs. We’re the FREE version of wedding magazines. Sure, it’s nice to grab a few printed copies of wedding mags from the shops when you first put that engagement ring on your finger – but trust me, wedding blogs are the BEST source of inspiration and ideas for your day. And you don’t have to pay a penny to read them!
So if you’re new to the English Wedding blog, welcome! We’ve been around a few years – enough to have more than THREE AND A HALF THOUSAND wedding articles in our archives for you to enjoy. Well over a THOUSAND of these are real weddings – with real couples, marrying all around the UK in country houses, tipis, barns and hotels, celebrating every style of wedding from whimsical and festival celebrations to minimal and chic hotel ‘dos’, classic and traditional celebrations and more.
The English Wedding Blog is about weddings and the adventure of planning your wedding. Features and articles are there to help couples have a creative wedding day, and to enjoy the journey! Check out some of our recent blog posts here…
English Wedding blog – an adventure for all brides, grooms & businesses!
I feature lots of deliciously creative and varied English Weddings for you to feast your eyes upon and be inspired by. The English Wedding blog is a place where brides, grooms and wedding businesses can enjoy being different, thinking creatively and having an opinion!
Getting started and getting to know English Wedding
So where should you start? Why not explore our real weddings for inspiration and ideas from real couples all around the UK.
- There’s loads of great advice for brides & grooms in wedding planning.
- We’re gathering together all our favourite inspiration for those of you planning a sustainable wedding – and expect this category will be HUGE this year!
- Discover the fabulous English Wedding Directory full of amazing wedding suppliers
- Looking to get inspired with all the newest ideas for 2020 weddings? See the best styling ideas from wedding creatives around the country
- See other couples who’ve chosen the same time of year for their wedding! Are you getting married in the spring? Thinking of a winter wedding? Waiting for autumn? Or tying the knot in summertime?
- The blog is full of brilliant wedding planning advice from experts all around the UK. See all our wedding advice here
I’m Claire. I write the English Wedding Blog every day, and when I’m not typing I’m dipping my calligraphy pen into a pot of ink to write wedding invitations, teach modern calligraphy workshops and more! Read a little more about me here if you’d like to 🙂