- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios on
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome) on
- A wonderfully vibrant, artistic, creative colour palette for a gorgeous bridal shoot at Hoghton Tower, with Emma Billsborough Photography on
- One venue; two bridal styles – a Froyle Park wedding inspiration feature with Jennifer Sinclair Photography on
- Leah & Brian’s beautifully homemade St Austell wedding, with Freckle Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Nazma and David’s multicultural fusion wedding at Warwick House, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- The art of beautiful lettering… come to our calligraphy workshop next Friday afternoon!
- Peter & Karen’s super relaxed & gorgeous wedding at Christian’s Cafe, Harrogate, with Eyesome Photography
- Beautiful Jersey bridal style inspiration, with ballet and wedding photographer Dasa Wharton
- James & Rachel’s country inspired wedding at Coombe Trenchard, with Freckle Photography
- Tori & Carl’s romantic Lulworth Castle wedding, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Autumn wedding style inspiration, with Shelby Ellis Photography
- Jo & Ed’s relaxed country farm wedding in Lincolnshire, with Avenue White Photography
- A wonderfully romantic summer wedding at Northbrook Park, with Liam Smith Photography
- Tim and Rosie’s Parliamentary Affair! with Bunny Delicious
- Anna & Stuart’s gorgeous Norwich Assembly House wedding, with Boo Marshall Photography
- A Midsummer night’s dreamcatcher wedding: style inspiration with Boho Lane Photography
- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome)
- Claire and Nico’s homemade Mill House wedding, with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Rachel & Robbie’s rustic fairytale wedding in Cumbria, with Jessica O’Shaughnessy Photography
- Learn modern calligraphy at my October workshop in Manchester!
- Melanie & Kevin’s relaxed and pretty humanist wedding at Nailcote Hall, with Lumiere Photography
- Mike and Anna’s fresh, summery wedding at Harewood House, with Ally Byrom Photography
- Emma & Sean’s wonderfully rustic farmhouse wedding with Hannah Hall Photography
- Lydia and Rob’s elegant English Wedding at Gaynes Park, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Janina & Steve’s romantic wedding in historic Oxford, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Filly and Jim’s gorgeous summer wedding in Exton, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Dreams of a beautiful Venice elopement, with Jenny Heyworth Photography
- Sarah & Alex’s pretty spring wedding in Cheltenham, with Kate Waters Photography
- Becky and Tim’s gorgeously flower-filled summer wedding, with Gemma Giorgio Photography
- Genna & Sean’s English chic country wedding in Devon, with Evolve Photography
- Nick & Lucy’s classic English summer wedding at Woldingham School, with Greg Coltman Photography
- Katherine and Scott’s timeless English wedding at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire, with John Mottershaw Photography
- Stunning coastal wedding style inspiration with Andrea Kuehnis Photography in Cornwall
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
If I could take a polaroid of every bouquet we feature on the English Wedding Blog, and paper my little office & studio space with all of them it would just be soooo beautiful. Sometimes a gorgeous wedding inspires you to dream crazy things… but that’s ok, and I know we’re going to inspire you with some lovely ideas today. The flowers are only the beginning of this stunning day…
Images are by lovely Emma at Freckle Photography in Devon. Discover more from Emma here:
We wanted a wedding with a hint of vintage and a spring country feel. Most suppliers were recommended by Coombe Trenchard (marquee company, caterers, mobile bar). The band we sourced from Alive Network and Emma @ Freckle Photography was found by some extensive internet searching as photography was extremely important for us to get right!
Anna & Stuart’s Norwich wedding is full of smiles, and fun, and the most amazing atmosphere – the styling of the day is wonderful (I do love kilts!) and I adore the table plan and overall look of the day. Anna is absolutely gorgeous; Stuart looks fabulous. This, my lovelies, is a super wedding and I just know you’ll love it!
Words & images are by Boo Marshall Photography, who is based in Norfolk and travels around the UK to photograph weddings. Discover more from Boo here:
Anna & Stuart are very calm people and always put concerns for other people, namely their guests as well as myself, at the forefront of their minds.
I think the fact that they had an ice cream cart waiting outside the church, so that guests could get refreshments whilst they waited for the group pics, and after having sat through the ceremony, spoke buckets. It meant that there weren’t any groups of people standing around wondering what they do next, before the reception started.
I dare you not to be grinning by the end of today’s wedding. I dare you not to be thinking ahead to your own wedding: to how amazing the party will be, surrounded by everyone you love, having the absolute time of your lives. I dare you not to fall in love with the images by the wonderfully different and exciting York Place Studios. These guys capture the spirit of a wedding – what it’s really all about once the decor has come down. Your wedding should be the best party you EVER have. This is how – in pictures!
Images are by the all-kinds-of-amazing York Place Studios. They’re Yorkshire-based wedding photographers & videographers, and you can discover them here…
Contact & Bookings: York Place Studios
“Thanks guys you’re amazing we really appreciate all your hard work, everyone LOVED the slideshow! You are both such awesome people.”
~ Vicki & Paul
Genna and Sean’s wedding is so, so beautiful! The venue was covered in flowers, fairy lights and hanging lanterns (all handmade with love), with special touches created on site, made lovingly by friends and family. The venue itself has scenery which surrounded the Ceremony and Reception, making it extra special!
“Words can’t describe how happy we are that we chose Evolve Photography to capture the special moments on our Wedding day! Mark was absolutely fantastic, and clearly extremely passionate, as well as very talented at what he does. This made the day, and photos extremely enjoyable, and meant that we were able to just relax and enjoy our day. Mark was also able to capture the essence of both of us, and our bridal party and groomsmen – allowing the fun that we were having to show through in our photos, which was fantastic! Our photos turned out better than we could imagined, and we would highly recommend Evolve Photography to anyone who can snap him up!
Today’s wedding is breathtaking – there are moments here when I forgot to breathe, the images are so beautiful! I love the elegance that runs through the whole day, the smiles, the black and white images, the little details and the spectacular venue Nick and Lucy chose for their Surrey wedding.
“Our flowers were arranged by the lovely Lisa Jordan. We were really keen to stick to soft pastels to fit with our theme, so I went with pale pinks and ivory in my bouquet – sweet avalanche roses, ivory spray roses, ivory freesias and eucalyptus – whilst the bridesmaids had the same in just ivory. We bought all of the vases and mirror plates ourselves for the centre pieces as it worked out a little cheaper, then asked Lisa to arrange displays of white lilies, eucalyptus and grasses. We had pale blue sashes on the chairs so we kept the centre pieces neutral which looked really smart. The mother of the groom put together little posies for the pew ends at the church which we brought with us to the venue in little jam jars to decorate the bar area.”
Emma and James’s relaxed English wedding at Avoncroft’s Guesten Hall, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
Today’s is a wedding with breathtaking photography, a truly gorgeous bride and groom, beautiful details and the most amazing venue: “Guesten Hall at Avoncroft didn’t need much decoration as the roof is decoration enough and we didn’t want to take away from it.
“We added some small touches, such as photographs of various family members from key moments in their lives as well as amusing photos from our childhood and strung fairy lights across the hall to add a bit of sparkle.
We made a lot! All the name places were hand-stamped, and we cut out hundreds of hearts from wildflower paper for the wedding favours. We started the handmade elements at least a year before the wedding, so there was no last minute rush or panic.”
Images are by our lovely friends Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers, who you can discover more from here:
The English Wedding Blog Interview: Emma and James
Wedding photographer’s website: