It’s been lovely to meet so many new faces over on my instagram these past couple of weeks – and lots of you who got engaged over Christmas and New Year! So I wanted to say hello properly, and to introduce myself and tell you a little about English Wedding. I kind of came into this in a weird way, you see!
My name is Claire – hi! – and I live with my amazing boyfriend Steve on the edge of the Lake District, in a quiet village by the sea. When I’m not blogging I’m writing calligraphy, mainly for weddings. I started as a calligrapher in 2005, and as things tend to go a little quieter in winter I started publishing real weddings on English-Wedding.com back in November 2009 (at 6 o’clock in the morning, one random weekend!)
Everything snowballed. I have been switching from typing to dipping into an inkpot on a daily basis ever since! I’ve made lots of wedding friends along the way, and I honestly love the wedding industry we have here in the UK – it’s such a creative and inspiring scene!
That’s why I’m so passionate about English Wedding. It’s such a thrill to be able to unite you lovely lot with the amazing suppliers we feature here: from venues to photographers, cake designers to dresses and everything else wedding. Our archives have 1,300 real weddings and elopements and 400 styled editorials, plus 400 advice articles – almost all from the UK, which makes us pretty unique!
Where to start: diving in to the English Wedding archives!
So where should you start? Why not explore our real weddings for inspiration and ideas from real couples all around the UK.
- There’s loads of great advice for brides & grooms in wedding planning.
- We’re gathering together all our favourite inspiration for those of you planning a sustainable wedding – and expect this growing category will be HUGE this year!
- Discover the fabulous English Wedding Directory full of amazing wedding suppliers
- Looking to get inspired with all the newest ideas for 2020 weddings? See the best styling ideas from wedding creatives around the country
- See other couples who’ve chosen the same time of year for their wedding! Are you getting married in the spring? Thinking of a winter wedding? Waiting for autumn? Or tying the knot in summertime?
- The blog is full of brilliant wedding planning advice from experts all around the UK. See all our wedding advice here
And me? Well, today I’m picking up my calligraphy pens to write one of my favourite wedding readings for a couple (the Apache Blessing). I have a bunch of real weddings, editorial photoshoots and – oooh an elopement! – in my inbox which I’m really excited to see, then I need to make plans for my April calligraphy workshop. Oh, and I’m sharing #10thingsaboutme over on our instagram today – just for fun, and I’d LOVE for you to join in and share a random thing about you too! Find me @englishweddingblog. What do we have in common, you & me?
Have a cosy and productive Thursday everyone!
ps huge thank yous to lovely Jenny Jones Photography for my photo!