After the months of planning, the spreadsheets, the budgeting and saving and arrangements to be made, when you finally have time to kick off your Jimmy Choos and snuggle up together at home, clinking wedding rings, how does it really feel? What is that ‘just married‘ glow actually like? Is it different? Does everything change? We asked English Wedding couples to tell us, in their expert opinions, the BEST thing about being married. The answers range from stuff about pom-poms to fuzzy feelings, best friends and new adventures. Grab a tissue – these amazing couples brought a tear to my eye more than once!
2. For me being married is the icing on the cake of our relationship. It makes you feel extra warm and fuzzy. And I absolutely love calling my husband my HUSBAND! 🙂 ~ Amy & Chris // Photographer credit https://howelljonesphotography.co.uk
5. It sounds silly but the best thing is nothing has changed and it feels the same as before which is exactly what we wanted! If anything we feel stronger as a couple! ~ Laura & Dan // Photographer credit https://www.stottweddings.com
7. Being able to call each other ‘my husband’ and ‘my wife’ is so special, you get a fuzzy feeling that no matter what might come our way in the future, you have someone very special by your side to live it with you and be there through all the ups and downs. ~ Lizzie & Rick // Photographer credit https://lissaalexandra.com
9. Reduced tax…! Ha ha! It’s very cheesy really but people ask if you feel any different and assume it’s exactly the same when you’ve lived together, but it does feel different. It’s amazing and awesome. ~ Charlotte & Pete // Photographer credit https://helenenglandphotography.co.uk
12. Knowing that you get to spend the rest of your life with your best friend. Marriage marks the beginning of a new journey together and helps give a new focus and energy to the relationship no matter how long you have been together. ~ Jade & Gboyega // Photographer credit https://www.linusmoranphotography.co.uk
15. We were already very happily unmarried but there is definitely an added sense of security and togetherness. The best thing was probably celebrating our love so publicly on our wedding day in front of our friends and family, and having them enjoy it all with us. It was the best day ever! ~ Nikki & Gareth // Photographer credit https://www.jonnybarratt.com
16. We have been married almost four months and whilst nothing has major has changed practically – we lived together before we got married, already had a dog etc etc – it definitely feels different to before. It’s hard to describe but it is like we are now a ‘proper’ couple – our own team – in it together, forever! ~ Terran & Katherine // Photographer credit https://emmagatesphoto.com
Claire spends her days writing - either in beautiful calligraphy or online. She lives on the edge of the English Lake District only minutes away from the beach, where she loves to escape and unwind. Claire's calligraphy can be found at www.byMoonandTide.com. Claire launched the English Wedding Blog in November 2009 - it's been a top 10 UK wedding blog ever since, with a regional focus we hope you LOVE.
Wedding couples can now head to the Kent countryside to make their own wedding rings Want to make everlasting memories as well as making your very own wedding rings? Even with no previous experience you Read more…
Today’s gorgeous couple celebrated with a stunning wedding at a sought after venue. We’re calling the happy pair C & R for privacy reasons. They’re absolutely lovely and they’ve written some fabulous reviews for favourite Read more…
We absolutely can’t let a leap year pass by without mentioning leap year proposals – a cute tradition, perhaps a little outdated now the patriarchy is beginning to crumble (who’s with me?!), but still makes Read more…