Robin Goodlad Photography
Your story, beautifully told by Dorset wedding photographer Robin Goodlad Photography
Robin Goodlad Photography – in a nutshell
- Based in Wimborne, Dorset
- Covering weddings across the UK and as a destination wedding photographer
- Documentary wedding photography with a sprinkle of creativity thrown in
- Multiple awards including Nine Dots Wedding Photographer of the Year 2020
- Favourite venues include Axnoller, Burley Manor, Tunnels Beaches
“You write the script, I’ll tell the story, has always been my philosophy with wedding photography. I believe weddings should be photographed subtly, and quietly, with observation of the key moments and pure emotion through the day, rather than creating moments that didn’t really happen. This way, the complete collection of photographs you receive really reflects you as a couple.
I would describe myself as a documentary wedding photographer, with a sprinkle of creativity thrown in, by anticipating and capturing real moments as they happen, but also finding great light and the landscape, and positioning you in it for some incredible photographs, always seeking the best possible opportunities to allow you to shine, and to be yourselves, in incredible light and locations.
I am based in Dorset, but will travel anywhere to work with couples who connect with my style of work, which is the most important thing to consider when choosing a wedding photographer. Having photographed weddings professionally for over 12 years, I have seen many weddings and know how to get the best out of the day, but also importantly I still have the same excitement at the start of each and every wedding, which is so important when photographing a wedding, you have to be a key part of it, and love what you do.
Photographing a wedding is a huge responsibility, and I pride myself on attention to detail, which starts with getting to know you as a couple many months before the wedding, which is essential in my mind to being able to capture you at your best. I work tirelessly on the day, seeking the best possible light, and anticipating the best moments, to give you an exceptional collection of photographs. I also never set time limits on the day, as capturing the complete story is far more important than worrying about time. Only when I know I have told the story do I think about packing the bags, whatever time it might be.
Your wedding story, beautifully told.
Gallery: Robin Goodlad Photography
Featured on English Wedding!
See all of Robin Goodlad Photography’s features at english-wedding.com/tag/robin-goodlad-photography
- Nicola and Michael’s Sherborne Abbey and Stockbridge Farm wedding
- Leanne and Mickey’s classic and timeless Priston Mill wedding
- Lottie and Callum’s timelessly beautiful Sopley Lake wedding
- Lucy and James’s alternative wedding at Axnoller
- George and Grace’s elegant Axnoller wedding
- Howard and Rowena’s tipi wedding in Dorset
- Dan and Michelle’s lovely Tunnels Beaches wedding
- Lucy and James’s colourful farm wedding in Dorset
- Seven genuine reasons why engagement shoots are brilliant and pics to prove it
- Country charm for Natalie and James’s wedding at Burley Manor/
- Romantic florals for Martine & Nick’s 10 Castle St wedding
- Welcome Dorset wedding photographer Robin Goodlad
- Aimee and James’s festival vibe at Wilkswood wedding
Discover more & get in touch!