Simon Biffen Photography
I’m a Somerset wedding photographer and I love my storytelling role, capturing the uniqueness of each couple and how they celebrate their love at weddings.
Simon Biffen Photography – in a nutshell
- Relaxed, documentary-style photography
- Couple photography that is unposed and authentic
- Over 10 years’ experience and over 250 weddings captured
- Weddings big and small, covered across the UK and abroad
- All day wedding photography coverage as standard
The pleasure of being a wedding photographer for me is in the opportunity it gives to capture what a wedding day is really like: from emotional first looks to action-packed dance floors, I am there to tell the story honestly and creatively. I shoot all day which means I’m able to document the morning preparations through to the first dance and beyond. Blending in and allowing events to happen naturally is crucial and I never want people to feel like they have to do anything different for the camera. It’s your day, do whatever you like!
This aspect of authentically telling a story really is most important and comes to the fore when I take couples off for pictures of just the two of them. So many people are fearful of having a camera pointed at them and the most common thing I hear from people before their big day is that they are dreading the ‘photoshoot’. For a few years when I started out, putting people in poses, asking for smiles or kisses was how I worked too, but it just didn’t feel right. Then I realised there was another way. Allowing couples a space to be themselves, to play games and interact in activities that made it feel nothing like a typical photoshoot, but simply like time hanging out together. Overall, it is the experience of the session and the importance of how it ‘feels’ over how it ‘looks’ that actually results in images that are full of expression and emotion, and moments that mean something and have real value.
I hope you’ll explore more of my images here on English Wedding and on my website, and if you like what you see, I’d love to hear the plans you have for your wedding day. I am based in Bath, Somerset and I travel across the UK (and when needed, abroad!) for weddings. I have covered intimate elopements with just the bride and groom right up to grand affairs with 300 guests. Every wedding is unique and I hope you’ll give me the opportunity to capture the magic of yours.
Gallery: Simon Biffen Photography
Featured on English Wedding!
See all of Simon Biffen Photography’s features at english-wedding.com/tag/simon-biffen-photography
- Ally and James’s chic and modern Museum to Pub wedding in London
- Jonny and Soma’s elegant rustic Heaton House Farm wedding
- Lizzie and Eddy’s whimsical, boho wedding at The Farm Camp
- Vicky & Ali’s stunning black tie New Year’s Eve wedding on the Thames
- James & Sarah’s chic Morden Hall wedding
- Kirsty & Ben’s Froginwell Vineyard wedding
- Wedding ideas for animal lovers! With photos by Simon Biffen Photography
- Charlotte & Alex’s Somerset marquee wedding
- Genius tips for your first dance, with photos by Simon Biffen Photography
- Claire & James’s floral Homewood Park wedding/
Discover more & get in touch!