- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios on
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome) on
- A wonderfully vibrant, artistic, creative colour palette for a gorgeous bridal shoot at Hoghton Tower, with Emma Billsborough Photography on
- One venue; two bridal styles – a Froyle Park wedding inspiration feature with Jennifer Sinclair Photography on
- Leah & Brian’s beautifully homemade St Austell wedding, with Freckle Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Peter & Karen’s super relaxed & gorgeous wedding at Christian’s Cafe, Harrogate, with Eyesome Photography
- Beautiful Jersey bridal style inspiration, with ballet and wedding photographer Dasa Wharton
- James & Rachel’s country inspired wedding at Coombe Trenchard, with Freckle Photography
- Tori & Carl’s romantic Lulworth Castle wedding, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Autumn wedding style inspiration, with Shelby Ellis Photography
- Jo & Ed’s relaxed country farm wedding in Lincolnshire, with Avenue White Photography
- A wonderfully romantic summer wedding at Northbrook Park, with Liam Smith Photography
- Tim and Rosie’s Parliamentary Affair! with Bunny Delicious
- Anna & Stuart’s gorgeous Norwich Assembly House wedding, with Boo Marshall Photography
- A Midsummer night’s dreamcatcher wedding: style inspiration with Boho Lane Photography
- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome)
- Claire and Nico’s homemade Mill House wedding, with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Rachel & Robbie’s rustic fairytale wedding in Cumbria, with Jessica O’Shaughnessy Photography
- Learn modern calligraphy at my October workshop in Manchester!
- Melanie & Kevin’s relaxed and pretty humanist wedding at Nailcote Hall, with Lumiere Photography
- Mike and Anna’s fresh, summery wedding at Harewood House, with Ally Byrom Photography
- Emma & Sean’s wonderfully rustic farmhouse wedding with Hannah Hall Photography
- Lydia and Rob’s elegant English Wedding at Gaynes Park, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Janina & Steve’s romantic wedding in historic Oxford, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Filly and Jim’s gorgeous summer wedding in Exton, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Dreams of a beautiful Venice elopement, with Jenny Heyworth Photography
- Sarah & Alex’s pretty spring wedding in Cheltenham, with Kate Waters Photography
- Becky and Tim’s gorgeously flower-filled summer wedding, with Gemma Giorgio Photography
- Genna & Sean’s English chic country wedding in Devon, with Evolve Photography
- Nick & Lucy’s classic English summer wedding at Woldingham School, with Greg Coltman Photography
- Katherine and Scott’s timeless English wedding at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire, with John Mottershaw Photography
- Stunning coastal wedding style inspiration with Andrea Kuehnis Photography in Cornwall
- Beautiful blush styling ideas for a rustic wedding, with Jenny Heyworth Photography at Aspire
- Emma and James’s relaxed English wedding at Avoncroft’s Guesten Hall, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
Category Archives: autumn weddings
Peter & Karen’s super relaxed & gorgeous wedding at Christian’s Cafe, Harrogate, with Eyesome Photography
The wedding looks fabulous. The flowers are gorgeous, LOVE the colours. Karen and Peter are stunning, the portraits full of sunshine are just divine… welcome, lovelies, to wedding blog BLISS!
“Our wedding was a natural, relaxed, outdoor garden party! We wanted a natural and relaxed day that we could spend as much time outside as possible. It was just like having a day with our best friends.
The marquee and church we decorated ourselves, the reception venue fitted our theme well so not much decorating required – it was all done by us! The venue didn’t need much at all. It is very rustic with brick walls and wooden beams, very barn like and just what we wanted. We put a few things up bit really didn’t need to over do it. The table decorations, marquee decorations and church decorations were all handmade by my stepmother using hessian, lace, ribbon and string in white and coral to match the bridesmaid dresses, flowers and men’s ties!”
Autumn is well and truly here, and it’s time for snuggly jumpers, cosy fires, slipper socks and hot chocolate… and the loveliest wedding inspiration shoots you can imagine. Here’s one of our first of the season… it’s time to snuggle up with your favourite UK wedding blog, breathe in the fabulous colours and get inspired for your wedding…
I adore the colourful styling of today’s shoot: the bright flower crown with pops of red roses and the display ideas with splashes of yellow amongst a late summer green foliage. Apples are a key feature in so many autumn wedding styles, and here they add even more colour and texture to the design. Use these ideas for your wedding tables and display areas – or pop place name tags onto apples for a cute place setting idea!
Words & images: www.shelbyellis.co.uk
It was a cold and wet autumn morning at a muddy Knole Park in Sevenoaks, but our models for the day Chantelle & Billy (a real couple!) were absolutely fantastic and powered through.
I’ve always loved weddings which don’t follow the standard rules. It doesn’t matter why – but so many couples are opting for humanist weddings these days, and it makes me happy. Personally, I’d struggle making my vows either to God or to Theresa May (via the legal wording of the registry office ceremony), and to celebrate my marriage I’d have to do things a little differently, just as Melanie & Kevin did.
Today’s Nailcote Hall wedding couldn’t be more perfect for the time of year. We’re heading towards autumn and those of you celebrating in the next few weeks will be putting the final touches on your day… take some tips from today’s gorgeous bride and groom and have a fabulous, colourful table plan, wear a shrug just in case it gets chilly, make the most of lighting and candles as the evening draws in…
Images are by lovely Leicester wedding photographer Alix, at Lumière Photography.
Contact & Bookings: Lumière Photography
Today’s wedding is guaranteed to bring a smile: the colours are stunning, the styling absolutely beautiful, and the bride and groom gorgeous as can be! Elaine & Matt were married at West Tower, Aughton, and describe their best day ever as “a traditional, bright and colourful day filled with smiles“.
“I wanted a vintage classic dress that would suit my petite figure. However all I knew was that I wanted some lace and a high neck, so I was very open minded.
“In order to give the illusion of height I went for a more figure hugging design. I tried on a huge variety and loved the whole experience of trying on all styles. However, when I put on the dress I chose I knew it was ‘the one.’ My mum could tell by the huge smile on my face.”
Images are by lovely Yorkshire wedding photographer Samantha Ward – Sam’s images are out of this world – do take the time to discover her work here:
The flowers are as timeless as can be – while our passion for dahlias, peonies and hydrangeas comes and goes, our love of the classic English rose never fades. Laura and Chris’s wedding is beautiful, full of roses and in one of our favourite stately home venues: Hemswell Court. You’ll love today’s feature – it’s sooo pretty, so romantic…and there are some giggles too. Enjoy! Claire xx
Contact & Bookings: Ian Wallace Photography
Words & Images: Ian Wallace Photography
When Laura and Chris explained what they were going to be doing, I thought they were a little mad. They’d just emigrated to Australia and were coming back to the UK for 2 weeks, just to get married! The wedding was such a massive celebration, with friends and family from all over – lots of Australian and Irish accents, with some people coming from as far away as Lincoln!
I’m smitten with Danielle and Christian’s wedding – their entire day is beautiful: from the tiniest details (the collar on Danielle’s dress; Christian’s buttonhole) to the big stuff; I adore ALL of the portraits of the two of them, and those amazing red leaves on the building opposite their venue… what a stunning collection of memories of a beautiful homespun English wedding!
“My family were amazing and helped with quite a few things which saved us a lot. My nan made the invitations, place names and cupcake cases. My aunty made the cake and cupcakes. My uncle made the cake stand. The wooden box and hearts were bought on ebay for about £25, printed games were handmade by myself and my husband. The table plan I made myself.”
“I had been to a couple of bridal shops and outlets and tried on some very beautiful dresses, but when I tried my dress on my mum cried and didn’t want to take it off, it was one of the easiest decisions I had made for our wedding. The service we received in the Bridal Rooms in Atherstone made it worth the extra cost, and they recommended a seamstress to do any alterations which was just round the corner from their shop. Also wonderful!”