Time to talk about your Big Wedding – the one that’s going to happen after all of this is over. Maybe you’re having a micro wedding first and a big party later. Maybe you’ve postponed getting married until 2022 or 2023. Perhaps you’re planning a big do in the summer and planning to party the night away, festival style, in a big open space! Either way, when those big wedding celebrations happen again, we’ll all need to let our hair down and have the party of a lifetime!
We asked Fortune Band to share their top tips for keeping a wedding dance floor filled all night long!
So how do you keep your guests dancing at your wedding reception? Aside from having the bar and any snacks in the same room, it all comes down to the music and the energy of your wedding band. And we wholeheartedly recommend booking a live band to bring your dance floor to life! They know the songs that will have guests rushing to bust some moves – and the atmosphere a live band creates is second to none!
Matt Taussig, director of Fortune Band, told us there are certain songs like Uptown Funk that never seem to disappoint, whatever the crowd.
These five songs (with some surprises!) are also surefire hits with wedding guests!
- Oliver Cheatham’s “Get Down Saturday Night” – Can be mashed-up with several other songs to create a nice medley
- Drake “One Dance” – again, our unique version and take of this recent hit.
- Our own unique version of the Elton classic, “Bennie & The Jets” – you can’t help but dance to this!
- Touch The Sky – Kanye West / Curtis Mayfield
- Genuine’s “Pony” can be seen as slightly cheesy, but you won’t feel that once you witness the FORTUNE version!
Fortune Band’s secret is to maintain super-high energy throughout the evening by mashing songs into medleys (only playing the best parts). With this approach, the set becomes a slick show full of choreographed dancing, and the dance floor is always filled for the full two hour set. Carefully placing classic hits with current chart songs is the best way to please an eclectic wedding crowd of all different ages and nationalities.
Matt also shared 5 of his favourite fail-safe wedding songs:
- Shawn Mendez & Camila Cabello’s “Senorita” – a brilliant upbeat international hit
- Maroon 5’s “Sugar” – a huge hit around the world – also perfectly fitting for a first dance song!
- Earth, Wind & Fire’s “September” – an unbeatable, uplifting and grooving classic tune
- Amy Winehouse’s “Valerie” – Fortune Band’s lead singer went to school with Amy, so they often include this surefire classic.
- Jason Derulo Medley – “We feel his songs go slightly under the radar, so we created a unique 7 minute mash-up of his biggest hits, including, “Wiggle”, “Talk Dirty”, “Watcha Say”.
Fortune Band have dropped all postponement fees, so their couples have continued to book with confidence, knowing that if they are forced to change their date it won’t cost them a penny more. With this in mind, they have many new bookings for 21/22 knowing they have couples’ backs no matter what the circumstances.
Some recent chart bangers Fortune Band have added to their repertoire include;
- The Wkend – Blinding Lights & In Your Eyes
- Ariana Grande – Positions
- Dojo Cat – Say So
- BTS – Dynamite
- Harry Styles – Watermelon Sugar
- Dua Lipa – Don’t Start Now
So there you go! With 16 amazing wedding dance floor fillers to kick start your imagination, your wedding dance floor is going to be pretty epic!