Let’s face it, everyone LOVES Pinterest. I can spend many an hour pinning the perfect boards but for many couples it’s totally overwhelming. There are so many images to pin, and each one is simply amazing.
Couples can quickly find their boards filled with ideas and inspiration but the images have no cohesive style, colour theme or affordability. It can create total confusion when planning your dream day!
So I wanted to give you an idea of how the professionals pull together amazing mood boards, ones which make sense, are achievable and make designing your wedding SO much easier.
Read on to discover my top tips…
- Create a board for each section of your wedding – pull together a board for each individual element so attire, shoes, flowers, special details… anything and everything!
- Pin, pin, pin! –Pin everything you love regardless of colour, style and affordability. Go wild for any images you like or love.
- One at a time – tackle one board in a pinning session. On your train ride to work look at venues, lunch hour flowers and on the way home food and drink. Before you know it, you’ll have boards filled with stunning images.
- Be brutal – this is the tough bit! Once you have filled all the boards with images it’s time to work out what you love best. Look through the entire board and start to delete the ones which don’t feel a great fit with your day. Try and leave around ten images per board, I know it’s hard but this is so important for the next step.
- The master board – this is the best bit as you’ll start to see your wedding style come together. Pick two or three images from each board to pin to this master one. This will help you see your overall look, colours, flowers etc. It’s worth investing the time to get this right, once you have the master board you can share it with your family and suppliers so they can totally get your vision.
I hope that my guide to pinning like a pro helps you define your wedding style and dream day. Why not follow Pudding Bridge on Pinterest here to see my boards!