Becky Harley Photography
Becky Harley Photography is a Hertfordshire wedding photographer, based in Welwyn Garden City and photographing weddings throughout the South East, UK and Europe.
Becky Harley Photography – in a nutshell
- timeless, relaxed and heartfelt photography
- based in Hertfordshire, covering all of the UK
- relaxed and friendly approach
- weddings, engagements and family photography
- Becky also mentors other photographers
I’m Becky Harley, a wedding photographer based in Welwyn Garden City, in Hertfordshire. I love to capture natural images that are full of light, life and love!
I’ve always been interested in photography – I was always the one with the camera throughout school and university, and my parents actually have a little album of photos I took on a family trip to Disney, aged four, with a little disposable film camera. It’s mostly pictures of people’s legs, but still!
When I got married back in 2014, I decided I quite liked all this wedding stuff, so set up my own business as a wedding photographer. I’ve been lucky enough to be mentored and trained by some of the UK’s top photographers and captured over 45 weddings in my first couple of years of business.
I think what I love most about photography is capturing moments and emotion. Having dabbled in different genres of photography in the past, people are by far my favourite thing to photograph, and there are so many different emotions on the rollercoaster of a wedding day. I love to capture candid moments of my couples and their families and friends, where you can really see how they feel. Weddings are such happy occasions and it’s lovely to see such outpourings of affection for the new couple with their nearest and dearest.
Most of my couples tell me they don’t like having their picture taken, but my approach is very different to the ‘smile and say cheese’ type of photo which is what many people think of when they think of having their photo taken. I love those natural moments when you’re laughing together, just like you do when you’re at home in your comfies on the sofa. That’s what your relationship is all about, and that’s why we’re all there on your wedding day, so that’s what I try to capture for you.
Gallery: Becky Harley Photography
Featured on English Wedding!
See all of Becky Harley Photography’s features at english-wedding.com/tag/becky-harley-photography
- Hannah & Ben’s flower-filled Maiden’s Barn wedding
- Issy & Alistair’s Christmassy wedding at Milling Barn
- 7 tips to help you nail the most exciting and beautiful confetti moment!
- Amy & Mark’s relaxed and beautiful Coltsfood Retreat wedding
- Chloe and Sam’s gorgeous Soho wedding
- Dominique and Nick’s elegant Pendrell Hall wedding
- Katie and Richard’s Henry Moore Foundation wedding
- Alexandra and Damien’s wedding at The Five Bells in Stanbridge
Discover more & get in touch!