- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios on
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome) on
- A wonderfully vibrant, artistic, creative colour palette for a gorgeous bridal shoot at Hoghton Tower, with Emma Billsborough Photography on
- One venue; two bridal styles – a Froyle Park wedding inspiration feature with Jennifer Sinclair Photography on
- Leah & Brian’s beautifully homemade St Austell wedding, with Freckle Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Beautiful Jersey bridal style inspiration, with ballet and wedding photographer Dasa Wharton
- James & Rachel’s country inspired wedding at Coombe Trenchard, with Freckle Photography
- Tori & Carl’s romantic Lulworth Castle wedding, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Autumn wedding style inspiration, with Shelby Ellis Photography
- Jo & Ed’s relaxed country farm wedding in Lincolnshire, with Avenue White Photography
- A wonderfully romantic summer wedding at Northbrook Park, with Liam Smith Photography
- Tim and Rosie’s Parliamentary Affair! with Bunny Delicious
- Anna & Stuart’s gorgeous Norwich Assembly House wedding, with Boo Marshall Photography
- A Midsummer night’s dreamcatcher wedding: style inspiration with Boho Lane Photography
- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome)
- Claire and Nico’s homemade Mill House wedding, with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Rachel & Robbie’s rustic fairytale wedding in Cumbria, with Jessica O’Shaughnessy Photography
- Learn modern calligraphy at my October workshop in Manchester!
- Melanie & Kevin’s relaxed and pretty humanist wedding at Nailcote Hall, with Lumiere Photography
- Mike and Anna’s fresh, summery wedding at Harewood House, with Ally Byrom Photography
- Emma & Sean’s wonderfully rustic farmhouse wedding with Hannah Hall Photography
- Lydia and Rob’s elegant English Wedding at Gaynes Park, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Janina & Steve’s romantic wedding in historic Oxford, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Filly and Jim’s gorgeous summer wedding in Exton, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Dreams of a beautiful Venice elopement, with Jenny Heyworth Photography
- Sarah & Alex’s pretty spring wedding in Cheltenham, with Kate Waters Photography
- Becky and Tim’s gorgeously flower-filled summer wedding, with Gemma Giorgio Photography
- Genna & Sean’s English chic country wedding in Devon, with Evolve Photography
- Nick & Lucy’s classic English summer wedding at Woldingham School, with Greg Coltman Photography
- Katherine and Scott’s timeless English wedding at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire, with John Mottershaw Photography
- Stunning coastal wedding style inspiration with Andrea Kuehnis Photography in Cornwall
- Beautiful blush styling ideas for a rustic wedding, with Jenny Heyworth Photography at Aspire
- Emma and James’s relaxed English wedding at Avoncroft’s Guesten Hall, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- The horse inside the hall – bridal inspiration shoot with Jo Hansford Photography at Crowcombe Court
Category Archives: english weddings
I LOVE today’s pretty outdoor wedding – gorgeous bride and groom Betty and Phil opted for an English country garden style celebration, mixing the prettiest flowers with cute bunting and home made signage – it’s wonderful in every way!
Contact & bookings: Linus Moran Photography, Dorset
Words & Images: Linus Moran Photography
Betty & Phil’s day stood out from others I covered last year as it seemed to be very simple in its delivery. The bride, the details, the location – all very classic, chic and English garden themed. From the Sassi Holford dress, to the idyllic thatched cottage B&B venue at the foothill of St Catherines chapel. The weather was perfect, the scene was stunning and the spirit of the couple and the people topped it all off.
I love Jen’s dress more every time I look at her… today’s bride and groom are such a fabulous couple, and their day seems to suit them so wonderfully well. I love the venue; the light-up-letters are a fabulous feature; the bouquet is dreamy… I’m so happy to have such an amazing wedding to show you this morning 🙂
Images are by lovely Jodie Cooling Photography. Jodie is new to the English Wedding Blog and I’m so glad she’s submitted this stunning wedding for us to share! Discover more from Jodie here:
“We really can’t thank Jodie enough! The photos are everything we hoped for and much, much more! She has managed to capture every little detail of the day in the most beautiful way. We can’t stop looking at them! The fun group shots in the field and the expressions she has captured during the speeches are just perfect.” ~ Jen & Tim
A fabulous fete: Hannah & George’s gorgeous English country wedding at Marleybrook House with Amy B Photography
“It’s not the formal photos that remind you how great your day was – it’s the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Amy’s ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and her energy and passion comes across in the photos. Amy is a photographic ninja and we cannot recommend her enough.” ~ by gorgeous bride Hannah
As a wedding blogger, it’s this passion for beautiful images and enthusiasm and excitement for suppliers which make me sit up and listen. Hannah emailed me to tell me about her wedding to George, and from the moment I saw the first photos of their day I was hooked. Not only are they a stunning couple: they have the most wonderful recommendations and advice to share with you. Today’s Kent wedding is one of the loveliest I’ve seen and I cannot wait to show you all of the beautiful photographs!
Liz and Jimmy’s eclectic English wedding with a dash of Pooh Bear, and Pixies in the Cellar photography
Say the words “Winnie the Pooh – not Disney” and I’m on your side already 🙂 Liz and Jimmy’s wedding is creative and fun, with playful touches like everyone’s (original!) favourite bear – and I love it!
Today’s gorgeous couple married in Marple Bridge, with their reception at the fabulous Peruga restaurant. They incorporated the things they love: spring flowers and bright colours, and a nod to surfing… despite being 60 miles from the sea!
Liz’s advice that “DIY isn’t necessarily cheaper” is so very true, and while the crafty touches on their day are wonderful I’d urge brides and grooms to consider buying when time is short. Spend your weekends playing out and having fun instead! What I really do love is the ‘Expotition Beer’ which was especially made by a local craft brewery… to find out more read Liz and Jimmy’s English Wedding Blog interview at the end of today’s post!
Huge thanks to Liz and Jimmy, and to lovely Peter and Sara, wedding photographers at Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
I love Kate and Andy – for their choice of wedding venue (squeeeal!) and their gorgeous styling touches. This wedding – my second from Finchcocks Musical Museum – is breathtaking! With lots and lots of styling touches to inspire you, and beautiful images by Penny Young Photography, it’s already a favourite for 2015.
Styling touches are beautifully simple and very “English summer garden” with sweet peas picked from Kate’s parent’s garden and arranged by a very talented and multi-skilled hairdresser! Other touches are ever so pretty and I’m sure will inspire so many of you: the marquee was decorated with flowers in jam jars and metres and metres of bunting made by Kate’s mum.
The stars of today’s English Wedding Blog are, in this order:
- Kate and Andy. Stunning
- Finchcocks Musical Museum and that awesome be-buntinged piano!
- The cat. I asked for the photo especially… so adorable!
- Kate’s mum. Creative genius.
The best wedding photographer’s websites make me want to be there. Now. It takes seconds for me to flip into ‘I wish I was on the south coast’ when I see the glorious sunshine on wedding photographer Simon Biffen‘s blog – so I’d love to share something with you this morning and see if you can imagine you’re right there with me! This is Liz and Ted’s quintessentially English wedding, with images by Simon Biffen Photography. You’ll love it… so, so beautiful:
Dorset wedding photography | Liz and Ted
Liz’s dress and hair accessory are just gorgeous – and I adore Liz and Ted for being one of the most adorable couples I’ve seen getting married this year! Their knot theme (with little ropes) is unique and creative – and inspired by their venue, The True Lovers Knot reception venue in the idyllic village of Tarrant Keyneston.
Images are by wedding photographer Simon Biffen, who you’ll find here: