A rather fascinating insight into how to have a bespoke engagement ring made!
So here’s a very different blog feature for all of you (and I’m thinking, guys especially!) who are hatching a secret plan to ask a BIG question this Christmas! It’s from our friends at Lily Arkwright, who you’ll have seen on the blog before: they specialise in sustainable and bespoke engagement and wedding rings and we’re proud to support and help share the joys of lab diamonds and moissanite jewellery with them! Find out EXACTLY how your bespoke ring will be made – it’s techy and interesting stuff!
Bespoke jewellery is becoming increasingly popular. Why? It is the ultimate personal touch to give to your partner and loved ones. With personalisation comes the satisfaction of having an engagement ring that is unique only to you.
Lily Arkwright provides you with total autonomy to design your dream bespoke ring in a huge variety of precious metals and set with the very best moissanite, lab diamonds and precious gemstones. Indulge yourself with the design journey at Lily Arkwright, from design conception through to final production. We enjoy and relish witnessing your special one of a kind engagement ring designs come to life. Here at Lily Arkwright, our JET qualified bespoke team include you within every stage of the jewellery design process, ensuring we review and agree all design iterations before production of your bespoke engagement ring.
In need of some inspiration before starting your ring design? Easy! Just get in touch with a member of our bespoke jewellery team and we’ll be happy to talk through any design ideas and be sure to point you in the right direction or browse our existing moissanite collections for inspiration. Not quite ready to get in touch? We’ve listed 8 points to consider when designing your special bespoke ring:
- Would you like a practical everyday ring or a dress ring?
- What precious metal colour best compliments your skin tone? Typically we cast 18k white, rose, yellow gold and platinum. We do also cast a number of speciality metals and we’re Assay Assured retailers and each ring is UK hallmarked
- What type of stone(s) would you like to use? Our Charles & Colvard Forever One moissanite stones are particularly popular, also our lab diamonds are another ethical stone alternative compared to mined diamonds
- Stone size and cut preference? The brilliant round cut still remains the most popular cut, but you can choose from a huge range of cuts including: princess cuts, emeralds, ovals and many more
- Would you like to include halo or shoulder set stones within your design? * Band profile preference, i.e. flat, round, knife edge etc.
- What sort of finish would you like on the precious metal band? Would you prefer polished, satin, hammered, brushed, wire brushed, rippled, sandblasted or florentine?
- Would you like to have something engraved on the inside/outside of your ring, if at all? A meaningful message, a line from a song, initials, the date of your engagement or the date of when you first met
- Would you like rub-over stones on the inside of your ring? Inset tiny diamonds/different coloured gemstones – not always seen, but always there
We understand it can be a daunting process and our bespoke jewellery team will accommodate your needs and endeavour to put your ring design onto paper, setting a clear design brief. We operate a really clear design process. Do you already have a design or images to hand? Easy, just send them over for a no obligation quotation today to firstname.lastname@example.org
Not exactly sure of your ring design? Then get in touch – we offer free consultations both in store and over the telephone, this includes a no obligation quotation for any design.
Once you’re happy with your quotation, the next part of your journey would be to purchase a bespoke CAD design package. This covers the cost of having your design worked on by a CAD designer expert. You will be sent a first design draft of your ring after a few days, for approval, including design files and images. We can then proceed to carry out any design iterations and tweaks required and we’ll then reissue your design files for your reference, we include unlimited iterations to ensure your ring design is perfect.
Once 100% satisfied with your design, we will issue a 3D plastic resin ring mount for inspection, this is essentially a plastic version of your ring where you will be able to see the exact size proportions to scale. If you are happy with your plastic 3D resin we then request payment for your ring and commence production of your very own unique jewellery piece. This process usually takes 4 – 5 weeks.
So… what are you waiting for? Get in touch with our bespoke jewellery design team now and make your dream ring a reality! We offer 0% interest payment options via global payment partners Klarna and Paypal. Believe the hype, check out our Google, Trust Pilot and social reviews.
Discover more & get in touch!