- 1950s vintage country wedding inspiration by Arusha’s Images Photography, Cumbria on
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography on
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography on
- Creating a timeless wedding style… and does DIY date your wedding? on
- Stacey & Roger’s wedding festival at Lains Barn, Oxfordshire with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Ed and Saori’s English apple orchard wedding in Kent, with Parkershots Photography
- Rather extraordinarily pretty wedding invitations by Alice Palace
- Wedding photo of the week: a beautiful moment
- Cherry and Myles intimate art deco wedding in Devon, with Lucy Wallace Photography
- 1950s vintage country wedding inspiration by Arusha’s Images Photography, Cumbria
- Creating a timeless wedding style… and does DIY date your wedding?
- An elegant traditional English wedding at Jesmond Dene House, Newcastle with Duncan McCall Photography
- Vibrant country wedding styling ideas from The Plough at Lupton, with Arusha’s Images Photography
- Nail your wedding timings! 5 unmissable tips for your wedding day by Tiree Dawson
- A colourful autumn wedding at Wasing Park, with Hannah McClune Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Lake District wedding photographer Arusha’s Images Photography
- Laura & Jon’s timeless Cheshire wedding at Styal Lodge, with Vickerstaff Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: Shottle Hall, Derbyshire
- Stacey & Roger’s wedding festival at Lains Barn, Oxfordshire with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Wedding photo of the week: something very, very blue.
- Woodland, country, rustic and natural wedding style from The Cowshed at Freathy Farmhouse
- A gorgeous wedding film from Broadoaks House, Lake District – with Redfield Media
- Stephanie and Paul’s rustic Lake District wedding at The Wild Boar, with Hayley Baxter Photography
- Legend Bridal Designs and a very alternative styled shoot at Lowther Castle
- New sponsor welcome! Liam Smith Photography in London & Milton Keynes
- Jo & Sam’s beautiful country wedding at Elvey Farm in Kent, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- New sponsor welcome! London & destination wedding photographer Louise Adby Photography
- Luscious leaves and rustic elegance at England’s oldest wedding venue, Almonry Barn with Ferri Photography
- Robyn and Matt’s woodland theme wedding in Somerset, with Fiona Walsh Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Fiona Kelly Photography, London wedding photographer
- A wintry Surrey wedding with pine cones & candles, by Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: 06 St Chad’s Place, London
- A gorgeous bride and a pretty winter wedding with pine cones, at Chilston Park with Howling Basset Photography
- Wedding photo of the week: blissful summer days
- Lavender & lace for a beautiful English summer wedding, with Clare Butler Photography
Tag Archives: real wedding
It’ll be spring very soon my lovelies… and then summer again, and we’ll be celebrating the gorgeous sunny days of weddings which make this little wedding blog’s heart sing! By the magic of the internet I have a beautiful June wedding to transport you right into summer this morning: gorgeous bride and groom Jo & Sam share their day…
Contact & Bookings: Fiona Kelly Photography
“The decoration was all low key, we hung lanterns in the marquee along with wooden hearts but we wanted to keep the decoration to a minimum. Elvey Farm has its own florist, a wonderful lady called Lesley Masters. I gave Lesley some rough ideas and asked for everything to appear natural like it had just been picked from the garden and she came up with the beautiful creations.”
“I was delighted with the photography from our wedding. Fiona managed to capture the day perfectly and really reflected the country feel we tried to create. The candid photos of family and friends laughing during the speeches were wonderful.”
Happy Monday! Did you have a lovely weekend? I hope so As it’s the first full week back at work for many of us this week, I’m sharing lots of real weddings on English Wedding Blog this week, starting with Anisha and Mark’s gorgeous DIY wedding. You’ll have a nice little escape every day if you pop back every morning at 11 o’clock – and you can even have real weddings delivered to your email inbox if you subscribe to the blog!
So today’s wedding is full of creative ideas and much of the wedding styling was done by the beautiful bride Anisha. Everything from the fab table plan to ice cream vouchers were handmade for this lovely wedding in the Leicestershire countryside. I also love that Mark and Anisha chose to have a humanist ceremony to make their day more flexible and sentimental – but I’ll let Anisha tell you all about it in the wedding report she’s shared with us (towards the end of the blog post).
What a strange coincidence: I have two weddings in the space of a single week where the grooms sing an Oasis number at the reception – totally unrelated, but there’s definitely a taste of “rock n roll star” in the air this week!
Before I start curling my lip and drawing out every last syllable, on this blog post, I’ll tell you more about the wedding. This one is simple, elegant and guaranteed to make you smile. Yasmin & Darren Forrester were married at Turkey Mill in Kent, and chose Billie and Matt Photography to capture their day on camera.
Who proposed, and how?
It was on the 22 September 2011. We were on a sunset cruise off the coast of Jamaica in the Caribbean Sea. After seeing a rainbow and a school of dolphins following our boat we both witnessed the most amazing sunset. Once the sun went down Darren went onto one knee and made me the happiest girl ever.
Today’s real wedding blog is a true feast for your eyes and heart: with exquisite photography from one of England’s top wedding photographers, and so many romantic moments – Rick and Karen are head over heels in love and it shows. They married at Rookery Hall in June and chose my friend Chris Hanley Photography to capture their day. The images are simply out of this world – Chris is a master photographer whose images are used by Queensberry to sell the most luxurious wedding albums money can buy.
There’s more! Karen is a designer, and the wedding stationery is all her own work. The typography is gorgeous; the art deco feel of her designs is elegant and fashionable, and I love a wedding where lettering and type are a key feature of the decor and styling.
Karen and Rick take centre stage as today’s bride and groom, with Karen looking stunning in her bespoke David Fielden wedding dress and Rick so very handsome in his military uniform. You will love these two – with an outstanding collection of wedding photographs and a fantastic wedding report to enjoy – this is one of the very best. Enjoy!
You are all making my heart melt this month with your proposal stories – truly, every real wedding blog submission is bringing me close to happy tears! Hannah and Dave’s wedding report begins with their own proposal story – and all I’ll say is: imagine how Hannah felt as that particular day unfolded. It’s wonderful!
Their wedding is another very special day full of love for family and friends, with a relaxed and deliriously happy feel to it – the wedding photographs from Taylor Barnes Photography (based in Bristol) really capture the emotions of the day (and some gorgeous details too!) – while Hannah and Dave’s wedding report captures the excitement and is guaranteed to bring a big soppy smile to your face! (I’m doing mine now!)
You’ll love this real wedding blog – with the most stunning bride in Maggie Sottero ‘Tracey’ and her adoring (and handsome!) groom who just doesn’t stop smiling all day – it’s an amazing day and I’m so glad to be sharing this wedding with you today.
A quick, simple and very beautiful wedding blog post for you this morning everyone – Aaron from Reel Weddings emailed me with a little compliment about my calligraphy and this little message “thought I’d send you this little email to see if you wished to pop this film on your blog. It’s a little bit vintage and 60s inspired with a chilled and relaxed day with lots of shots of the sun. We like the sun. We miss it.”
I miss it too. But it’s lovely to remember what it was like! More to the point this is the most delightful little wedding film from one of my favourite venues. The story of the ‘other lovely dinosaur’ sets a lighthearted and romantic tone, and everything about Caroline and Warren’s wedding appeals to me – I’m still smiling to myself, ten minutes after watching their wedding film.