- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Our chic vintage village fete wedding in Kent, with Foden Photography
- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A beautiful vintage wedding at Cooling Castle Barn, with Lumiere Photography
- Bellenza on Holly and Chris’s country garden outdoor wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- canvas prints on From an anonymous Valentine’s Day card in the post at work to this wonderful barn wedding – Samantha J Photography
- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A beautiful rustic wedding at Saltmarshe Hall with Maryanne Scott Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Rachel and Al’s Huntsham Court wedding with a 1920s twist, by Evolve Photography Devon
- Our chic vintage village fete wedding in Kent, with Foden Photography
- Get the look! Luxurious neoclassical wedding style with Petra Opperman Weddings
- A beautiful Neoclassical wedding styled shoot at the Hurlingham Club, London
- A beautiful vintage wedding at Cooling Castle Barn, with Lumiere Photography
- New wedding blog publication times! As of today…
- Lovely Suzy Mitchell wins the Guild of Photographers’ wedding image of the year award
- Spotlight on Stationery: Discover the amazingness of Dearly Beloved Designs
- Beautiful Melanie Potro wedding dress shoot with striking monochrome styling
- A glamorous magazine-style bridal shoot with Team Glam
- Crazybeautiful Day & Night luxe wedding styling with Katie Laura Flowers
- Holly and Chris’s country garden outdoor wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- PapaKåta Spring Open Weekend
- Team Glam: working together to inspire brides with timeless hair and make up styling
- My diaries: the truth about big wedding shows and how to survive one!
- Caroline and Moussa’s gloriously colourful English Iranian wedding in London, with Sophie Duckworth Photography
- A quintessentially English wedding at Bibury Court, overflowing with flowers!
- Nicole and Josh’s gorgeous outdoor wedding film from Narborough Hall
- It’s playtime for wedding bouquets – and the more artfully messy, the better!
- James and Amy’s perfectly magical DIY wedding in Shropshire, with Marie Lloyd Photography
- New collection from Rosie Willett Designs – coming soon! + win the headpiece of your choice
- An urban Festival Of Love engagement shoot with Heni Fourie Photography
- Would you propose to your man? | Should women propose? An oddly interesting survey!
- Nautical wedding inspiration – a Historic Dockyard styled shoot with Caroline Nicholson Photography
- The English Wedding Blog is looking for a freelancer to help out… could it be you?
- A bright and colourful 1960s vintage art gallery and village hall wedding, with Rachel Joyce Photography
- A beautiful rustic wedding at Saltmarshe Hall with Maryanne Scott Photography
- A beautiful English wedding at Moggerhanger Park, Bedfordshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Carly and Harry’s gorgeous sunny sunflower and calligraphy wedding in Devon, with Nova Photography
- Spotlight on Stationery features + introducing Make Loops
Tag Archives: real wedding
Happy Monday! Did you have a lovely weekend? I hope so As it’s the first full week back at work for many of us this week, I’m sharing lots of real weddings on English Wedding Blog this week, starting with Anisha and Mark’s gorgeous DIY wedding. You’ll have a nice little escape every day if you pop back every morning at 11 o’clock – and you can even have real weddings delivered to your email inbox if you subscribe to the blog!
So today’s wedding is full of creative ideas and much of the wedding styling was done by the beautiful bride Anisha. Everything from the fab table plan to ice cream vouchers were handmade for this lovely wedding in the Leicestershire countryside. I also love that Mark and Anisha chose to have a humanist ceremony to make their day more flexible and sentimental – but I’ll let Anisha tell you all about it in the wedding report she’s shared with us (towards the end of the blog post).
What a strange coincidence: I have two weddings in the space of a single week where the grooms sing an Oasis number at the reception – totally unrelated, but there’s definitely a taste of “rock n roll star” in the air this week!
Before I start curling my lip and drawing out every last syllable, on this blog post, I’ll tell you more about the wedding. This one is simple, elegant and guaranteed to make you smile. Yasmin & Darren Forrester were married at Turkey Mill in Kent, and chose Billie and Matt Photography to capture their day on camera.
Who proposed, and how?
It was on the 22 September 2011. We were on a sunset cruise off the coast of Jamaica in the Caribbean Sea. After seeing a rainbow and a school of dolphins following our boat we both witnessed the most amazing sunset. Once the sun went down Darren went onto one knee and made me the happiest girl ever.
Today’s real wedding blog is a true feast for your eyes and heart: with exquisite photography from one of England’s top wedding photographers, and so many romantic moments – Rick and Karen are head over heels in love and it shows. They married at Rookery Hall in June and chose my friend Chris Hanley Photography to capture their day. The images are simply out of this world – Chris is a master photographer whose images are used by Queensberry to sell the most luxurious wedding albums money can buy.
There’s more! Karen is a designer, and the wedding stationery is all her own work. The typography is gorgeous; the art deco feel of her designs is elegant and fashionable, and I love a wedding where lettering and type are a key feature of the decor and styling.
Karen and Rick take centre stage as today’s bride and groom, with Karen looking stunning in her bespoke David Fielden wedding dress and Rick so very handsome in his military uniform. You will love these two – with an outstanding collection of wedding photographs and a fantastic wedding report to enjoy – this is one of the very best. Enjoy!
You are all making my heart melt this month with your proposal stories – truly, every real wedding blog submission is bringing me close to happy tears! Hannah and Dave’s wedding report begins with their own proposal story – and all I’ll say is: imagine how Hannah felt as that particular day unfolded. It’s wonderful!
Their wedding is another very special day full of love for family and friends, with a relaxed and deliriously happy feel to it – the wedding photographs from Taylor Barnes Photography (based in Bristol) really capture the emotions of the day (and some gorgeous details too!) – while Hannah and Dave’s wedding report captures the excitement and is guaranteed to bring a big soppy smile to your face! (I’m doing mine now!)
You’ll love this real wedding blog – with the most stunning bride in Maggie Sottero ‘Tracey’ and her adoring (and handsome!) groom who just doesn’t stop smiling all day – it’s an amazing day and I’m so glad to be sharing this wedding with you today.
A quick, simple and very beautiful wedding blog post for you this morning everyone – Aaron from Reel Weddings emailed me with a little compliment about my calligraphy and this little message “thought I’d send you this little email to see if you wished to pop this film on your blog. It’s a little bit vintage and 60s inspired with a chilled and relaxed day with lots of shots of the sun. We like the sun. We miss it.”
I miss it too. But it’s lovely to remember what it was like! More to the point this is the most delightful little wedding film from one of my favourite venues. The story of the ‘other lovely dinosaur’ sets a lighthearted and romantic tone, and everything about Caroline and Warren’s wedding appeals to me – I’m still smiling to myself, ten minutes after watching their wedding film.
I think Naomi and Elric are a wonderful couple – individual, glamorous, quirky, creative and exciting. Their wedding is fabulous: from Naomi’s stunning outfit and captivating smile to Elric’s inspired choice of wedding reading and their shared wedding report this is a feature I’m proud to have on English Wedding Blog today! I do hope you love it too.
The wedding venue is Birmingham’s Highbury Hall; the images are all by Midlands-based wedding photographers Rob and Sarah Gillespie. I want to rush right in to Naomi and Elric’s wedding report – it’s one of very few I’ve ever had where the bride and groom have written their wedding story together – and so, it’s very special.
The bride and groom
Naomi & Elric. Mr & Mrs Bell.