- Vickerstaff Photography on Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
- liz inigo jones on For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Vickerstaff Photography on Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Flushing Bride on Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- Vickerstaff Photography on 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
- A sneak peek at Sassi Holford’s Savoy collection for 2015
- Georgian country house wedding styled shoot, with My Fayre Favourite and Penny Young Photography
- A three-month-and-more countdown to beautiful wedding hair
- Your ideas please: ‘Exclusive’ content on wedding blogs?
- A stunning Cheshire wedding at Abbeywood Estate, with Pixies in the Cellar Photography
- Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- A beautiful 1920s inspired wedding at Manchester Art Gallery, with Tony Fanning Photography
- 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
- Create a fun and fresh spring wedding look with blue hydrangeas – Oakley Hall bridal shoot
- Sarah and Nigel’s beautiful Brighton music hall wedding with Sue Kwiatkowska Photography
- The rise of the elopement… 9 reasons why running away together beats planning a wedding!
- Heather and Liam’s seaside wedding at The Worthing Dome, with Victoria Lamburn Photography
- Hilary and Taher’s quintessentially English wedding in Ilkley, with Suzy Mitchell Photography
- For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Adrian and Charlotte’s beautiful Wasing Park wedding with Ian Wallace Photography
- Emma and Gavin’s rustic barn wedding in Suffolk, with Lorraine Claire Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bunny Delicious unique wedding stationery
- Jessica and Sean’s quintessentially English wedding at Priory Hall, with Lee Allison Photography
- Meet the wedding photographer: Benjamin Toms
- Luxuriously lovely couture wedding gowns – the new look book images from Phillipa Lepley
- Temples, churches, Pimms and curry! Charlie and Ashok’s Indian fusion wedding with Paul Fuller Kent Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Wild Rose Photography
- Glamour, elegance and a dress which you will love forever… Sassi Holford’s Signature Collection
- Bethany and Harry’s classical English wedding at Stoke Rochford, with Aaron Collett Photography
- Special offer: 40% off DIY wedding photo albums
- A closer look at Sassi Holford’s 2015 So Sassi Collection: delicious designer style for the modern British bride
- 5 essential money saving tips from The Pavilion at Lane End
- Gorgeous handpicked flowers for a Lobster Shack summer wedding, with Caroline Nicholson Photography
Tag Archives: real wedding
Happy Monday! Did you have a lovely weekend? I hope so As it’s the first full week back at work for many of us this week, I’m sharing lots of real weddings on English Wedding Blog this week, starting with Anisha and Mark’s gorgeous DIY wedding. You’ll have a nice little escape every day if you pop back every morning at 11 o’clock – and you can even have real weddings delivered to your email inbox if you subscribe to the blog!
So today’s wedding is full of creative ideas and much of the wedding styling was done by the beautiful bride Anisha. Everything from the fab table plan to ice cream vouchers were handmade for this lovely wedding in the Leicestershire countryside. I also love that Mark and Anisha chose to have a humanist ceremony to make their day more flexible and sentimental – but I’ll let Anisha tell you all about it in the wedding report she’s shared with us (towards the end of the blog post).
What a strange coincidence: I have two weddings in the space of a single week where the grooms sing an Oasis number at the reception – totally unrelated, but there’s definitely a taste of “rock n roll star” in the air this week!
Before I start curling my lip and drawing out every last syllable, on this blog post, I’ll tell you more about the wedding. This one is simple, elegant and guaranteed to make you smile. Yasmin & Darren Forrester were married at Turkey Mill in Kent, and chose Billie and Matt Photography to capture their day on camera.
Who proposed, and how?
It was on the 22 September 2011. We were on a sunset cruise off the coast of Jamaica in the Caribbean Sea. After seeing a rainbow and a school of dolphins following our boat we both witnessed the most amazing sunset. Once the sun went down Darren went onto one knee and made me the happiest girl ever.
Today’s real wedding blog is a true feast for your eyes and heart: with exquisite photography from one of England’s top wedding photographers, and so many romantic moments – Rick and Karen are head over heels in love and it shows. They married at Rookery Hall in June and chose my friend Chris Hanley Photography to capture their day. The images are simply out of this world – Chris is a master photographer whose images are used by Queensberry to sell the most luxurious wedding albums money can buy.
There’s more! Karen is a designer, and the wedding stationery is all her own work. The typography is gorgeous; the art deco feel of her designs is elegant and fashionable, and I love a wedding where lettering and type are a key feature of the decor and styling.
Karen and Rick take centre stage as today’s bride and groom, with Karen looking stunning in her bespoke David Fielden wedding dress and Rick so very handsome in his military uniform. You will love these two – with an outstanding collection of wedding photographs and a fantastic wedding report to enjoy – this is one of the very best. Enjoy!
You are all making my heart melt this month with your proposal stories – truly, every real wedding blog submission is bringing me close to happy tears! Hannah and Dave’s wedding report begins with their own proposal story – and all I’ll say is: imagine how Hannah felt as that particular day unfolded. It’s wonderful!
Their wedding is another very special day full of love for family and friends, with a relaxed and deliriously happy feel to it – the wedding photographs from Taylor Barnes Photography (based in Bristol) really capture the emotions of the day (and some gorgeous details too!) – while Hannah and Dave’s wedding report captures the excitement and is guaranteed to bring a big soppy smile to your face! (I’m doing mine now!)
You’ll love this real wedding blog – with the most stunning bride in Maggie Sottero ‘Tracey’ and her adoring (and handsome!) groom who just doesn’t stop smiling all day – it’s an amazing day and I’m so glad to be sharing this wedding with you today.
A quick, simple and very beautiful wedding blog post for you this morning everyone – Aaron from Reel Weddings emailed me with a little compliment about my calligraphy and this little message “thought I’d send you this little email to see if you wished to pop this film on your blog. It’s a little bit vintage and 60s inspired with a chilled and relaxed day with lots of shots of the sun. We like the sun. We miss it.”
I miss it too. But it’s lovely to remember what it was like! More to the point this is the most delightful little wedding film from one of my favourite venues. The story of the ‘other lovely dinosaur’ sets a lighthearted and romantic tone, and everything about Caroline and Warren’s wedding appeals to me – I’m still smiling to myself, ten minutes after watching their wedding film.
I think Naomi and Elric are a wonderful couple – individual, glamorous, quirky, creative and exciting. Their wedding is fabulous: from Naomi’s stunning outfit and captivating smile to Elric’s inspired choice of wedding reading and their shared wedding report this is a feature I’m proud to have on English Wedding Blog today! I do hope you love it too.
The wedding venue is Birmingham’s Highbury Hall; the images are all by Midlands-based wedding photographers Rob and Sarah Gillespie. I want to rush right in to Naomi and Elric’s wedding report – it’s one of very few I’ve ever had where the bride and groom have written their wedding story together – and so, it’s very special.
The bride and groom
Naomi & Elric. Mr & Mrs Bell.