- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan on
- Sarah and Aaron’s relaxed and informal Consall Hall wedding, with Ragdoll Photography on
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Will and Nikki’s beautiful, rustic and laid back country wedding, with Samantha Pells Photography
- Brand new, handcrafted and gilded floral headpieces by Yelena Smirnova
- Lady at the Lake – wedding style inspiration by Jessica Davies Photography
- Lovely news for Cornwall & South West England weddings… your new, unique, pop up wedding venue!
- Joe and Charlotte’s very English wedding at spectacular Harlaxton Manor, with Kev Elkins Photography
- Striking gold and black handwritten wedding calligraphy ideas for an intimate woodland celebration
- Alexandra & Chris’s peony-filled May wedding in Leeds, with Laura Calderwood Photography
- Daisies in her hair… wedding style inspiration for a late spring bride
- Alex and Kate’s beautiful summer wedding at Denbies Wine Estate, with Carl Glancey Photography
- What to expect from your first wedding dress appointment
- Victoria & David’s gorgeous summer sailing club wedding, with Neil Walker Photography
- Brighten your beautiful eyes with this loveliness! It’s British Flowers Week…
- Gemma and Mike’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory wedding at Great Hallingbury Manor with Just Hitched Photography
- A gorgeous, classic pink rose wedding inspiration shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Ally & Dan’s amazing vintage wedding at Brunswick House, with London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
- Contemporary and whimsical wedding stationery from Project Pretty near Chester
- Chrissi and Tom’s beautiful Corfe Castle wedding, with Linus Moran Photography
- Jess and Ben’s vibrant summer wedding in Suffolk, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Thank you.
- Steve and Emma’s Deer Park wedding in Devon, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Kris and Laura’s gorgeous harvest festival wedding, with One Love Pictures
- New sponsor welcome! Wedding bands, musicians and more from Entertainment Nation
- Nicola & Peter’s relaxed country wedding in Somerset, with Martin Dabek Photography
- Tracey and Garry’s afternoon tea party wedding, with Just Hitched Photography
- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan
- John and Lucy’s Scottish / English / Italian wedding in Cambridge, with Benni Carol Wedding Photography
- Madeleine & George’s elegant winter wedding at St Audries Park, with Life in Focus Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Peak District wedding photographer John Mottershaw Photography
- How To Choose a Band To Fit Your Wedding Theme
- Dale and Charmaine’s laughter-filled wedding at Crockwell Farm, with Liam Smith Photography
Tag Archives: real wedding
Ally & Dan’s amazing vintage wedding at Brunswick House, with London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
So Ally & Dan’s wedding is all kinds of amazing: a wonderfully exciting venue with tons of character, a beautiful narrative of their day in the images by lovely UK & London wedding photographer Kristian Leven. Ally is just gorgeous; Dan looks pretty dam fabulous too! And their day is full of love, romance and laughter from beginning to end – just perfect.
Contact & Bookings: Kristian Leven Photography
Brunswick House really is such an amazing, and unique venue – it’s right in the heart of London, packed with salvaged curiosities, sparkling chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of vintage paraphernalia.
Words & Images: fabulous UK & London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
“Ally + Dan themselves made this such a memorable day – such amazing characters! I’ve actually seen them since the wedding and we’ve gotten on so well, I wish I could see them more often! There was also an incredibly moving speech – Ally’s dad passed away before the wedding due to illness, but wrote a speech in the event he wouldn’t make it. It was read out by a close friend of the couple, and there really wasn’t a dry eye in the house – me included.”
It’ll be spring very soon my lovelies… and then summer again, and we’ll be celebrating the gorgeous sunny days of weddings which make this little wedding blog’s heart sing! By the magic of the internet I have a beautiful June wedding to transport you right into summer this morning: gorgeous bride and groom Jo & Sam share their day…
Contact & Bookings: Fiona Kelly Photography
“The decoration was all low key, we hung lanterns in the marquee along with wooden hearts but we wanted to keep the decoration to a minimum. Elvey Farm has its own florist, a wonderful lady called Lesley Masters. I gave Lesley some rough ideas and asked for everything to appear natural like it had just been picked from the garden and she came up with the beautiful creations.”
“I was delighted with the photography from our wedding. Fiona managed to capture the day perfectly and really reflected the country feel we tried to create. The candid photos of family and friends laughing during the speeches were wonderful.”
Happy Monday! Did you have a lovely weekend? I hope so 🙂 As it’s the first full week back at work for many of us this week, I’m sharing lots of real weddings on English Wedding Blog this week, starting with Anisha and Mark’s gorgeous DIY wedding. You’ll have a nice little escape every day if you pop back every morning at 11 o’clock – and you can even have real weddings delivered to your email inbox if you subscribe to the blog!
So today’s wedding is full of creative ideas and much of the wedding styling was done by the beautiful bride Anisha. Everything from the fab table plan to ice cream vouchers were handmade for this lovely wedding in the Leicestershire countryside. I also love that Mark and Anisha chose to have a humanist ceremony to make their day more flexible and sentimental – but I’ll let Anisha tell you all about it in the wedding report she’s shared with us (towards the end of the blog post).
What a strange coincidence: I have two weddings in the space of a single week where the grooms sing an Oasis number at the reception – totally unrelated, but there’s definitely a taste of “rock n roll star” in the air this week!
Before I start curling my lip and drawing out every last syllable, on this blog post, I’ll tell you more about the wedding. This one is simple, elegant and guaranteed to make you smile. Yasmin & Darren Forrester were married at Turkey Mill in Kent, and chose Billie and Matt Photography to capture their day on camera.
Who proposed, and how?
It was on the 22 September 2011. We were on a sunset cruise off the coast of Jamaica in the Caribbean Sea. After seeing a rainbow and a school of dolphins following our boat we both witnessed the most amazing sunset. Once the sun went down Darren went onto one knee and made me the happiest girl ever.
Today’s real wedding blog is a true feast for your eyes and heart: with exquisite photography from one of England’s top wedding photographers, and so many romantic moments – Rick and Karen are head over heels in love and it shows. They married at Rookery Hall in June and chose my friend Chris Hanley Photography to capture their day. The images are simply out of this world – Chris is a master photographer whose images are used by Queensberry to sell the most luxurious wedding albums money can buy.
There’s more! Karen is a designer, and the wedding stationery is all her own work. The typography is gorgeous; the art deco feel of her designs is elegant and fashionable, and I love a wedding where lettering and type are a key feature of the decor and styling.
Karen and Rick take centre stage as today’s bride and groom, with Karen looking stunning in her bespoke David Fielden wedding dress and Rick so very handsome in his military uniform. You will love these two – with an outstanding collection of wedding photographs and a fantastic wedding report to enjoy – this is one of the very best. Enjoy!
You are all making my heart melt this month with your proposal stories – truly, every real wedding blog submission is bringing me close to happy tears! Hannah and Dave’s wedding report begins with their own proposal story – and all I’ll say is: imagine how Hannah felt as that particular day unfolded. It’s wonderful!
Their wedding is another very special day full of love for family and friends, with a relaxed and deliriously happy feel to it – the wedding photographs from Taylor Barnes Photography (based in Bristol) really capture the emotions of the day (and some gorgeous details too!) – while Hannah and Dave’s wedding report captures the excitement and is guaranteed to bring a big soppy smile to your face! (I’m doing mine now!)
You’ll love this real wedding blog – with the most stunning bride in Maggie Sottero ‘Tracey’ and her adoring (and handsome!) groom who just doesn’t stop smiling all day – it’s an amazing day and I’m so glad to be sharing this wedding with you today.