- Georgia and Ross’s beautiful DIY wedding in rural Warwickshire, with Coates & Stain Photography on
- Wedding cake inspiration at its best – with Rosalind Miller Cakes on
- Heather and Liam’s seaside wedding at The Worthing Dome, with Victoria Lamburn Photography on
- A beautiful Surrey barn wedding at Taylors Farm Retreat with Charlotte Razzell Photography on
- A beautiful Surrey barn wedding at Taylors Farm Retreat with Charlotte Razzell Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Styling your wedding – boho bride inspiration from Aspire Photography Training
- New sponsor welcome! Bespoke and art deco invitations by Artemis wedding stationery
- Oliver and Claire’s tea party wedding in Shropshire, with Andy Li Photography
- Georgia and Ross’s beautiful DIY wedding in rural Warwickshire, with Coates & Stain Photography
- Something very special: The wedding styled shoot which turned into a real life proposal! With love from Italy
- Yasmin and Simon’s elegant wedding at Old Down Manor, with Love In Focus photography
- How bad is it to copy a design you find on Pinterest?
- A beautiful Surrey barn wedding at Taylors Farm Retreat with Charlotte Razzell Photography
- Sneak peek – a glorious Indian fusion wedding in Buckinghamshire with Heni Fourie Photography
- Wedding cake inspiration at its best – with Rosalind Miller Cakes
- Sam and Siobhan’s gloriously colourful fiesta wedding, with Raymond Lin Photography
- Twice Enchanted – wedding dresses for modern fairytale brides by BHLDN
- Dean and Leah’s elegant wedding with a glam, glittery twist! By Ryan and Sara Photography
- Learn to make a flower crown, calligraphy tags, fascinators and paper poms – The Handmade Fair
- A pretty 1920s inspired wedding in Chester, with Ragdoll Photography
- A gorgeous country sunflower wedding blog with Jules Fortune Photography
- A super sophisticated contemporary wedding at Ashridge House, with Steven Anthony Photography
- A beautifully windy Yorkshire garden party wedding! With Paul Maven Photography
- Lyndsey and Dean’s magical treehouse wedding, with Duncan McCall Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bristol wedding photographer Love In Focus
- Why choose an intimate wedding? (Or indeed, why the hell not?!) With Linda Grace
- Classic Regal Beauty – a very British bridal shoot with Arusha’s Images Photography
- A bohemian bride by the lake – styling ideas at Holbeck Ghyll with Arusha’s Images Photography
- A beautifully rustic Upton Barn wedding with Evolve Photography
- Claire and Paul’s elegant and stylish Surrey wedding with Sophie Duckworth Photography
- Elegance, grace and beauty – Sabina Motasem’s ‘En Pointe’ ballet-inspired wedding dress collection, made in London
- An incredibly beautiful summer wedding at Maunsel House in Somerset, with Simon Biffen Photography – sneak peek
- The top 10 wedding food trends for 2016, by Emma at Goose and Berry
- A beautiful destination wedding in France with Joseph Hall photography
- Romance with a French flavour – a beautiful styled shoot at Froyle Park, with Graham Nixon Photography
Tag Archives: Cheshire wedding
Hello lovelies! I hope you’re having a nice week – anything exciting planned for the weekend, anyone? I’m feeling ever so loved-up this morning as Jayne and Steven’s English Wedding Blog report is just wonderful. So rather than me wittering on, I’m going to share a quote from today’s beautiful bride Jayne to introduce today’s real wedding on the blog:
“Enjoy every minute of your wedding day. Because once you get to that point, none of the planning etc. matters, just the day when you get married to your best friend and sharing it with those nearest and dearest to you. Remember the feeling of the whole day, the nerves, the joy, the laughter. Hold on to the moments when it is just the two of you, but also soak up the feeling of being surrounded by all the people you love the most in the same room there to celebrate your love. It’s pretty darn amazing – you won’t remember everything, it will fly by and you will want to relive it over and over – but that is what the photos and videos are for. Life will return to a form of normality afterwards, but if you hold on to that feeling, it will forever make you smile.”
Morning everyone, and Happy Friday! I’ve been saving today’s gorgeous Cheshire wedding blog for this morning – it seems to fit with that whole Friday feeling thing. There’s sunshine and romance, and a stunning bride and groom – in fact wedding blog subscribers will recognise Karen and Simon from their wedding highlights film which I was so proud to feature back in January (see an autumn wedding in Cheshire).
I love this quote from the happy couple:
“Try to leave yourselves as much time as possible between all the day’s activities to spend with family and friends, after the day those will be the moments you cherish the most.“
Karen wears a fabulous dress by Sassi Holford and the day has a purple theme because it’s the ribbon colour for pancreaticcancer.org.uk – a cause very close to the hearts of the bride and groom. This is all explained in the wedding report which Karen and Simon have shared with us today, and you’ll see some really beautiful images from Cheshire wedding photographer Martin Hambleton – with unexpected and wonderful moments captured as well as some magical portraits. I know you’ll love this! Grab a Crunchie (after all, as Wendy always tells me, we should celebrate Fridays in style!!)
Hi again! I can’t believe it’s Tuesday morning already! Did I sleep through Monday (or was I working too hard… hmmm…) Anyway, I hope you’re having a lovely day. I have all the gorgeous images from Zoe and Mark’s wedding at Styal Lodge to share with you this morning.
Before we begin – did you see yesterday’s competition to win your wedding photography? Don’t miss that one! It’s a fantastic prize and the competition’s open to couples anywhere in the UK.
But now for today’s main feature with Zoe and Mark. You’ll have seen their wedding film on the blog yesterday, along with a few of my favourite images… now we have the full wedding report from Zoe and images from the lovely Jonny Draper Photography to share with you. For anyone who missed the wedding film, I’ve shared it once again at the end of the blog post – with thanks to Craig from Unforgettable Memories for sharing it with us!
A beautiful Cheshire wedding: Zoe and Mark
Anyone fancy a touch of sunshine this morning? Me too… so in glorious technicolour I bring you this beautiful wedding film from Marry Me Films today. Karen and Simon were married at Cheshire’s Arley Hall in the autumn… cue gorgeous colours and one of those wonderfully crisp autumnal days – perfect for guests to play boules and croquet on the lawn.
Karen wore a beautiful Sassi Holford cap-sleeved wedding dress, and is such an incredibly beautiful bride – both she and Simon look fabulous! One of the loveliest touches from this Cheshire wedding is the Vicar, who married Karen’s parents years before. They were his first wedding ceremony, and he came back especially to marry Karen and Simon – which is such a wonderful story.
There’s much more for you to read about the wedding on Marry Me Films’ Love Heart Blog (thanks Sara – what an amazing story to share) so do pop over there for a look when you’ve watched Karen and Simon’s wedding film here. I hope you love it! Claire xxx
Hi there! Another real wedding for you to enjoy this morning – and I’m going to jump straight in as Kelly and Ian’s big day needs no introduction. The images of their day are beautiful, and Kelly’s shared a fantastic wedding report which you’ll see towards the end of the blog post (it’s about three-quarters of the way down the page).
It warms my heart to read about Kelly’s favourite wedding day moments. After talking about the incredible effort her dad made to prepare an amazing speech, she says,
“I loved watching all of our friends and family enjoying themselves. You really can’t put a price on creating those memories.“
The gorgeous wedding photographs are all by Yorkshire wedding photographer Mark Tierney, of Tierney Photography. Please leave a comment at the end of the blog post if you can – I’d love to hear from you and I know Kelly and Ian will too! Enjoy. Claire xxx
A contemporary but classic UK wedding blog: Peckforton Castle
As you might guess from the title, today’s English Wedding Blog is packed to the rafters with ideas, from a home made wedding dress (which is jaw-droppingly gorgeous) via a quirky and eccentric country manor venue to a “guest being locked in his own car boot”.
I really don’t know where to begin! This is fantastic…
The beautiful images are by Cheshire wedding photographer Adam Riley. The wedding venue is Frogg Manor (about 15 minutes from Chester), described as “Unashamedly bourgeois, eccentric, original & quintessentially English”. And I have a wonderful wedding report from the bride – Angela looks out of this world – the perfect English bride. (Ben too is gorgeous – they’re a match made in heaven!)
Ben and Angela’s wedding at Frogg Manor in Cheshire
The groom and bride: Ben & Angela Goodwin
Who proposed, and how?
My fine husband proposed to me on a rooftop overlooking picturesque Amsterdam after a night out on the town.