- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Our chic vintage village fete wedding in Kent, with Foden Photography
- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A beautiful vintage wedding at Cooling Castle Barn, with Lumiere Photography
- Bellenza on Holly and Chris’s country garden outdoor wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- canvas prints on From an anonymous Valentine’s Day card in the post at work to this wonderful barn wedding – Samantha J Photography
- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A beautiful rustic wedding at Saltmarshe Hall with Maryanne Scott Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Harriet and Declan’s traditional English wedding blog with Barry Holder Photography
- How to find vintage china for your wedding – The Pavilion at Lane End
- Stunning loose wedding bouquets by The Vintage Floral Design Co.
- Rachel and Al’s Huntsham Court wedding with a 1920s twist, by Evolve Photography Devon
- Our chic vintage village fete wedding in Kent, with Foden Photography
- Get the look! Luxurious neoclassical wedding style with Petra Opperman Weddings
- A beautiful Neoclassical wedding styled shoot at the Hurlingham Club, London
- A beautiful vintage wedding at Cooling Castle Barn, with Lumiere Photography
- New wedding blog publication times! As of today…
- Lovely Suzy Mitchell wins the Guild of Photographers’ wedding image of the year award
- Spotlight on Stationery: Discover the amazingness of Dearly Beloved Designs
- Beautiful Melanie Potro wedding dress shoot with striking monochrome styling
- A glamorous magazine-style bridal shoot with Team Glam
- Crazybeautiful Day & Night luxe wedding styling with Katie Laura Flowers
- Holly and Chris’s country garden outdoor wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- PapaKåta Spring Open Weekend
- Team Glam: working together to inspire brides with timeless hair and make up styling
- My diaries: the truth about big wedding shows and how to survive one!
- Caroline and Moussa’s gloriously colourful English Iranian wedding in London, with Sophie Duckworth Photography
- A quintessentially English wedding at Bibury Court, overflowing with flowers!
- Nicole and Josh’s gorgeous outdoor wedding film from Narborough Hall
- It’s playtime for wedding bouquets – and the more artfully messy, the better!
- James and Amy’s perfectly magical DIY wedding in Shropshire, with Marie Lloyd Photography
- New collection from Rosie Willett Designs – coming soon! + win the headpiece of your choice
- An urban Festival Of Love engagement shoot with Heni Fourie Photography
- Would you propose to your man? | Should women propose? An oddly interesting survey!
- Nautical wedding inspiration – a Historic Dockyard styled shoot with Caroline Nicholson Photography
- The English Wedding Blog is looking for a freelancer to help out… could it be you?
- A bright and colourful 1960s vintage art gallery and village hall wedding, with Rachel Joyce Photography
- A beautiful rustic wedding at Saltmarshe Hall with Maryanne Scott Photography
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
Holly and Chris are the loveliest couple, and so gorgeous, both of them! I’m delighted to share their outdoor wedding with you today – it totally brings back those long summer days! Their theme was English country garden, with soft pinks and even an iced croquembouche to match their colours!
Holly found her dress in a closing down sale and fell in love with it – after alterations were made by the girls at Pure Couture it looked incredible and she’s such a beautiful bride! Bridesmaids wear dresses found on Etsy with straps which can be worn in different ways – a lovely way to please all your best girls, don’t you agree?
Images are by my lovely friend Heni Fourie Photography: Do check out Heni’s website and social media if you’re looking for a wedding photographer for your own wedding in Buckinghamshire or the surrounding area:
facebook – https://www.facebook.com/HeniFouriePhotography
twitter – @henifourie
English Wedding Blog – http://english-wedding.com/heni-fourie-photography
Every time I feature a real wedding on the English Wedding Blog I ask the bride and groom to complete a little interview for me, and I ask about their theme, their suppliers and for any advice they’d like to give other couples. Last week I was reminded by one of the interviews that so many couples either wish they’d had a wedding film, or are so relieved they chose to book a videographer (even if it’s often at the last minute).
Nicole and Josh must be thrilled with their wedding film. The highlights show how madly in love this gorgeous bride and groom are. It’s all about love for family too: Nicole’s sister’s speech is a highlight, and Grandma is such a star too! Their outdoor wedding shows how fabulous the English weather can be… and I wanted to share it with you today as a reminder of how brilliant this summer is going to be.
I always ask the brides (and grooms) who feature on the English Wedding Blog what’s the best thing about being married – because the answers always make me smile. Melanie’s answer was “Having an amazing husband!!!” – and they had an amazing wedding too.
You’ll love this: wintry blues, rustic details and a wonderfully elegant wedding at Saltmarshe Hall. The bouquets were the first thing to catch my eye – just fabulous! They’re by Melanie’s mum, aunty and a family friend… and I LOVE them to bits!
Melanie shares some great advice, including a very interesting tip which I know many couples would agree with after the day: “Don’t overspend on the little things- you won’t even notice them on the day! Food, band, dress & photographer are essential spends!”
And wow, didn’t they get it right with their choice of photographer: the images have been very kindly shared by the lovely and very talented Maryanne Scott Photography. Maryanne’s based in Yorkshire and her blog showcases the best weddings from Yorkshire and Derbyshire. Check her out at:
Cerian and Tom’s beautiful Coombe Lodge Bristol wedding with home made touches, images by Joseph Hall Photography
Your wedding doesn’t have to have a theme – it just has to reflect your personalities. Cerian and Tom planned a simple, beautiful wedding at Coombe Lodge with homemade touches and pastel colours – but adamantly no theme! And you know what? It works wonderfully.
My lovely sponsor, Bristol wedding photographer Joseph Hall, was there on the day to document it all. His style is natural and creative, perfect for this relaxed and family-oriented couple. I adore the images of their day and I knew as soon as I saw them that you would too!
Find out more about Joseph:
My personal highlights today include the glorious venue and autumn sunshine, Cerian’s gorgeous dress and the excitement of all the children on the day (kids can make weddings a million times extra special!) – oh and the Penguin book stationery touches, which are fab!
Our wedding report: Cerian + Tom
Wedding photographer’s website:
Peonies, pastels, roses and ribbons… The most beautiful bride in a fabulous, vintage-inspired belted wedding dress… A great-looking couple with tons of character and style – Oh! and a pretty incredible wedding venue I’ve never seen before.
This is fabulous – here’s a peek at another gorgeous wedding by London & Milton Keynes wedding photographer Liam Smith.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As an English Wedding Blog sponsor, Liam Smith has his very own dedicated page right here on my blog: London & Milton Keynes wedding photographer
If you’re a wedding supplier you can find out all about sponsorship of the English Wedding Blog by clicking the advertise link in the blog header image or here: advertise on the English Wedding Blog
I had the sound turned right up on my laptop when I clicked play… and to be honest, it made me jump a little! But ten seconds in and I was grinning like a fool. Yung’s serenade is a fabulous start to this romantic wedding film by my lovely sponsors HD Moments.
Alana and Yung married at Devonshire Terrace in London. Although the ceremony had a contemporary and simple theme the gorgeous couple stayed true to their roots and the style of their wedding day paid tribute to their Chinese heritage.
Enjoy the wedding film, which takes you from the wedding ceremonies through to a wonderful reception at the Phoenix Palace Restaurant. This is a wonderful modern wedding – with a dancing Chinese dragon for something just a little different! I LOVE it!
Watch out too for the paper lanterns hung outside amidst a scattering of fairy lights, for Alana’s stunning updo and glorious bouquet, and – right at the end – the most adorable wedding car imaginable!