- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity? on
- How bad is it to copy a design you find on Pinterest? on
- Liza and Matt’s glamorous barn wedding in Worcestershire with TH Photography on
- New sponsor welcome! Bespoke and art deco invitations by Artemis wedding stationery on
- The prettiest 1950s wedding ideas shoot at Nothe Fort, with Exquisitely You and Darima Frampton Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- A fabulously colourful Indian fusion wedding in Buckinghamshire, with Heni Fourie Photography
- The prettiest vintage-inspired floral wedding ideas from Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Liza and Matt’s glamorous barn wedding in Worcestershire with TH Photography
- The prettiest 1950s wedding ideas shoot at Nothe Fort, with Exquisitely You and Darima Frampton Photography
- Styling your wedding – boho bride inspiration from Aspire Photography Training
- New sponsor welcome! Bespoke and art deco invitations by Artemis wedding stationery
- Oliver and Claire’s tea party wedding in Shropshire, with Andy Li Photography
- Georgia and Ross’s beautiful DIY wedding in rural Warwickshire, with Coates & Stain Photography
- Something very special: The wedding styled shoot which turned into a real life proposal! With love from Italy
- Yasmin and Simon’s elegant wedding at Old Down Manor, with Love In Focus photography
- How bad is it to copy a design you find on Pinterest?
- A beautiful Surrey barn wedding at Taylors Farm Retreat with Charlotte Razzell Photography
- Sneak peek – a glorious Indian fusion wedding in Buckinghamshire with Heni Fourie Photography
- Wedding cake inspiration at its best – with Rosalind Miller Cakes
- Sam and Siobhan’s gloriously colourful fiesta wedding, with Raymond Lin Photography
- Twice Enchanted – wedding dresses for modern fairytale brides by BHLDN
- Dean and Leah’s elegant wedding with a glam, glittery twist! By Ryan and Sara Photography
- Learn to make a flower crown, calligraphy tags, fascinators and paper poms – The Handmade Fair
- A pretty 1920s inspired wedding in Chester, with Ragdoll Photography
- A gorgeous country sunflower wedding blog with Jules Fortune Photography
- A super sophisticated contemporary wedding at Ashridge House, with Steven Anthony Photography
- A beautifully windy Yorkshire garden party wedding! With Paul Maven Photography
- Lyndsey and Dean’s magical treehouse wedding, with Duncan McCall Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bristol wedding photographer Love In Focus
- Why choose an intimate wedding? (Or indeed, why the hell not?!) With Linda Grace
- Classic Regal Beauty – a very British bridal shoot with Arusha’s Images Photography
- A bohemian bride by the lake – styling ideas at Holbeck Ghyll with Arusha’s Images Photography
- A beautifully rustic Upton Barn wedding with Evolve Photography
- Claire and Paul’s elegant and stylish Surrey wedding with Sophie Duckworth Photography
- Elegance, grace and beauty – Sabina Motasem’s ‘En Pointe’ ballet-inspired wedding dress collection, made in London
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
Dean and Leah are awesome! They had a super glamorous wedding at Warwick House, styled with elegant gold and white accents – and a gloriously golden wedding cake which just looks too good to eat.
They wanted their day to be simple, elegant and classy with a glam twist and oh they soooo got it right! From the shoes to the flowers and venue this is a fabulously chic day to inspire brides and grooms styling a contemporary wedding.
Images are by Ryan and Sara Photography, who get a brilliant review from our gorgeous couple. You can find out more about them here:
The English Wedding Blog Interview
Please type your names:
Dean and Leah Falconer
Wedding photographer’s website:
How did you choose your photographer?
We spent a lot of time looking at different photographers but wanted more contemporary modern photos rather than traditional. When we came across Ryan and Sara’s website and their style of photography was just what we were looking for!
An incredibly beautiful summer wedding at Maunsel House in Somerset, with Simon Biffen Photography – sneak peek
I can’t help stumbling across all these amazing weddings… where you lovely lot are finding the sunshine I have no idea… but oh my goodness you’re making the whole internet beautiful!
Another treat… a little holiday for our eyes, and some much-needed sunshine. This afternoon’s real wedding sneak peek comes from the blog of my lovely sponsor and super Bristol wedding photographer Joseph Hall.
Joseph photographed this enchanting wedding at a castle in the Dordogne – and I have fallen in love with every detail. This is beautiful.
Eve and Andrew are amazing, the location is incredible, the photography is out of this world. You definitely need to go see more on Joseph’s wedding photography blog…
Hello there! On this blustery afternoon I think you lovely lot deserve a little treat… so I’m pointing you in the direction of one of my favourite wedding photographers’ blogs, the wonderful Liam Smith Photography, for a bonus real wedding to delight your pretty eyes.
Katie and Tom are gorgeous: their wedding is light and summery and pretty and even prettier than that and full of the loveliest details which make it a perfect English summer wedding.
Images are by fabulous London & Milton Keynes wedding photographer Liam Smith. Check him out here:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A timeless classic: Lisa and Richie’s brilliant English Lake District wedding with Tiree Dawson Photography
I’m going to remember July… when I look back on the English Wedding Blog features for the year I’ll be like, “oh July… that was when I shared that amazing Lakes wedding with Wainwrights and walking boots!” and quietly noted it as one of my favourite weddings of the year so far. I’ve always said weddings should be personal to you, whoever you are and whatever your crazy loves and hobbies may be! And if that’s muddy boots and cairns (Instagram friends will know it is for me!) then you’ll adore today’s wedding blog.
Lisa and Richie’s big day rocks. The details are fabulous – and for those of you who don’t know the Lakes like the back of your hands, just enjoy the cute little books and other fab details (and be grateful I didn’t show you every single Wainwright table name… because I wanted to!). There’s so much more to see, and the photos are superb!
I think it’s the first time I’ve ever featured sleepy little piglets on the English Wedding Blog… but they’re sooo adorable!! And they’re the loveliest introduction to South Farm… a venue which today’s gorgeous bride will tell you is a worthy investment, a welcoming space and a fabulous place to get married!
Bex is more than gorgeous – she’s incredibly beautiful and looks radiant on her wedding day. She wears a divine wedding dress with the sweetest lace detailing, and her only accessory is the dried flowers in her hair (which are my absolute favourite thing!)
Bex and Rob sourced their wedding suppliers through venue recommendations and “good old-fashioned Google”, with friends and a very artistic family helping with invites and creative touches. Their wedding styling is wonderfully colourful and Bex’s paper poms are just stunning!
Images are by lovely Jude Middleton Photography, whose work you can see here: