- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Charlotte and Jay’s rustic DIY wedding by a lake, with White Stag Photography
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography
- Sam and Ana’s beautiful Hazlewood Castle wildflower wedding, by Ian Wallace Photography
- New sponsor welcome! York Place Studios (photographers for Yorkshire, UK & the world)
- Rob & Michele’s super sophisticated One Great George Street wedding with Arusha’s Images Photography
- Nadia & Andreas’s beautiful Hatfield House wedding, with Kristian Leven Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Wedding entertainment from Entertaina.com
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms
- Monique & Adam’s boutique wedding at Hotel du Vin, with Laura Calderwood Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: Oaks Farm, Surrey
- Wedding calligraphy inspiration for summer 2016 and beyond – with Calligraphy for Weddings
- Make your own gorgeous silk flower boutonnières: a DIY project with Pumpkin & Pye
- New sponsor welcome! Ayshea Goldberg Photography, Essex
- Spring bridal and bridesmaid style ideas at Alton House, Hampshire with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Emily & Ash’s elegant, low-key wedding at Northbrook Park, with The Springles
- Thank you…
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography
- Get the look! Soft and feminine summer wedding with lavender accents
- Caroline & David’s gloriously colourful wedding with Lissa Alexandra Photography
- Kim & Josh’s classic English Great Tythe Barn wedding with Kevin Belson Photography
- 15 wonderfully unique and affordable wedding invitations
- New dates for 2016! Join me for a modern calligraphy workshop in Manchester
- Lucinda & Alex’s traditional English wedding at Ellenborough Park, with Oobaloos Photography
- A shout out for contributors to the English Wedding Blog
- Bryony and Richard’s stunning wedding at Hassop Hall, with John Mottershaw Photography
- Why standard wedding invitation wordings needn’t be your only option
- Tammy & Andy’s London Zoo & Banksy Beer Garden wedding, with Neil Walker Photography
- Silk flower wedding DIY project: create a beautiful hanging vase backdrop, with Pumpkin & Pye
- Enchanting emerald wedding stationery and style ideas
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
I love the sunny glow of this wedding – Emily is too gorgeous for words and the portraits from Northbrook Park are incredible. It’s wonderful to see a low-key wedding too: one where the focus is purely on the romance of the day and the company of close friends and family – and captured so beautifully, Emily and Ash’s wedding is certainly one I’ll remember for a long, long time.
Images are by The Springles, who are lovely UK & destination photographers Ash & Kat. Discover them here:
“The thing we care about most when photographing a wedding, is of course the couple. We massively support marriage, having got married ourselves last year. We also love getting to know people and being able to share their first steps into married life is such a blessing for us. Emily and Ash were so obviously captivated by each other. They are one of those couple that have a tangible energy and connection that’s just SO obvious for everyone that meet them.” ~ The Springles
I don’t think there are words to describe this breathtaking bouquet… and it sets the scene for one of the loveliest weddings of the year. Laura and Simon married at Cripps Barn in February. Despite a little rain on their day, their smiles and laughter have been lighting up my screen all week – I just can’t stop scrolling through their wedding gallery.
Contact & Bookings: Jennifer Sinclair Photography
“Jennifer took our photos for our wedding at Cripps Barn in Gloucestershire in February 2016 and we can’t recommend her highly enough – book her and you won’t be disappointed! Simon knew Jennifer from working together several years before, and when we started looking for photographers we took a look at her website, loved what we saw and dropped her a line. From the first meeting at our house, we knew we wanted her to take our wedding photos for us. She’s so lovely, chatty and friendly, we were instantly at ease and loved her portfolio and approach.” ~ Laura & Simon
The best thing about being married? “Knowing that whatever life throws at you, you have someone who loves you by your side throughout it all.” ~ Laura
It’s fab to see an Easter wedding at this time of year – Laura & Jonathan’s day is so full of spring, just seeing the photos makes me happy! The images are gorgeous, the details are perfect, the setting is fabulous and of course the bride and groom are stunning.
Images are by Lake District wedding photographer Kathryn White, who told me “You couldn’t imagine a more perfect spring day in the Lake District – sunshine, birds singing, & plenty of daffodils. Every detail of this day had been thoughtfully considered and planned out to perfection.
“The fact that it was Easter weekend gave a subtle theme with chocolate rabbits as favours and napkins folded into bunnies (by the clever wedding coordinator Michelle at the Rampsbeck) but without overdoing it. The whole day was very relaxed and chilled out, the sort of wedding where I felt more like a guest among Laura & Jonathan’s lovely friends & family than a vendor.
Melissa is amazing – such a gorgeous bride, and her Jenny Packham dress looks as though it was made for her. Today’s is one of the loveliest weddings for the bride and groom (their laughter, their smiles – they make me happy!) and for the fabulous florals and delicious details… you will LOVE it!
“I actually chose my dress before we had officially got engaged, I saw a picture of it and knew it was the one. The first time I saw it properly I was just in awe at how beautiful it was, even on the hanger. It felt amazing on and I felt so special, so elegant. I had tried other dresses but nothing compared to THE dress”
Images are by Alix at Lumière Photography in Leicestershire. You can discover Alix’s lovely website and wedding portfolio here:
Today’s real wedding is as elegant and timeless as it is fun and quirky! Kate’s Delphine Manivet dress is gorgeous, I love the length and she looks absolutely amazing. I’m also hugely impressed it had pockets… that’s very, very cool indeed! I love the photos of the couple in the greenhouse, and the light up letters, and I think the atmosphere of this amazing day comes across brilliantly in the photos.
Images are by Rosie at Ragdoll Photography, who comes highly recommended by Kate & Geoff: “I was after relaxed, super chilled out, and natural shots. Rosie was fab. Super friendly, easy to get on with, flexible, and captured the day perfectly! I think she even helped my dad with his last minute info gathering for speech preparations!”
You can find out more about Rosie and Ragdoll Photography here:
Becky and Gareth’s gorgeous literature themed wedding at Somerford Hall, with Esme Fletcher Photography
I’m a bookworm, and proud! And I love a wedding with a venue full of books… if I could get married in the village library where I spent many happy hours as a little girl I think I would, you know?! So today, a treat: a beautiful English wedding from Somerford Hall with a wonderfully bookish theme and the loveliest couple ever: Becky & Gareth.
“Somerford Hall didn’t need a great deal of decoration as it’s so beautiful anyway. I asked for a few handmade and personal things in each room (there are so many rooms!), including vintage glass bowls filled with sweets, Jane Austen-themed bunting on the bar, and little wooden hearts on loops of ribbon. I made little framed paper crafted items, such as a list of all of our important dates, such as when we first met, and when we moved in together. My sister also updated some pretty horseshoes with ribbon and pages from old books – those horseshoes had been at my grandparents’ wedding!”