- Vickerstaff Photography on Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
- liz inigo jones on For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Vickerstaff Photography on Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Flushing Bride on Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- Vickerstaff Photography on 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- A charming and laid back English garden party wedding in Kent, with Schryver Photography
- Alex and Nina’s romantic English garden wedding in Chelmsford, with Terri Pashley Photography
- A beautiful Rookery Hall wedding with rustic details, from David Walters Photography
- A modern DIY wedding in Berkshire, with Hannah McClune Photography
- Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
- A sneak peek at Sassi Holford’s Savoy collection for 2015
- Georgian country house wedding styled shoot, with My Fayre Favourite and Penny Young Photography
- A three-month-and-more countdown to beautiful wedding hair
- Your ideas please: ‘Exclusive’ content on wedding blogs?
- A stunning Cheshire wedding at Abbeywood Estate, with Pixies in the Cellar Photography
- Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- A beautiful 1920s inspired wedding at Manchester Art Gallery, with Tony Fanning Photography
- 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
- Create a fun and fresh spring wedding look with blue hydrangeas – Oakley Hall bridal shoot
- Sarah and Nigel’s beautiful Brighton music hall wedding with Sue Kwiatkowska Photography
- The rise of the elopement… 9 reasons why running away together beats planning a wedding!
- Heather and Liam’s seaside wedding at The Worthing Dome, with Victoria Lamburn Photography
- Hilary and Taher’s quintessentially English wedding in Ilkley, with Suzy Mitchell Photography
- For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Adrian and Charlotte’s beautiful Wasing Park wedding with Ian Wallace Photography
- Emma and Gavin’s rustic barn wedding in Suffolk, with Lorraine Claire Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bunny Delicious unique wedding stationery
- Jessica and Sean’s quintessentially English wedding at Priory Hall, with Lee Allison Photography
- Meet the wedding photographer: Benjamin Toms
- Luxuriously lovely couture wedding gowns – the new look book images from Phillipa Lepley
- Temples, churches, Pimms and curry! Charlie and Ashok’s Indian fusion wedding with Paul Fuller Kent Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Wild Rose Photography
- Glamour, elegance and a dress which you will love forever… Sassi Holford’s Signature Collection
- Bethany and Harry’s classical English wedding at Stoke Rochford, with Aaron Collett Photography
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
Happy April everyone! Soon we’ll be enjoying warm summer days, sunny evenings and glorious outdoor living again – yay! I’m looking for lots of summer weddings to feature on the English Wedding Blog so tell your friends and suppliers to get those submissions rolling in! For today though… a wonderfully relaxed wedding in England’s very own garden county. Lianne and Neil married in Kent and styled their wedding around a garden party theme. It’s beautiful!
Images are by lovely Helen at Schryver Photo, based in Kent. Lianne told me, “We loved seeing our photos for the first time – they were amazing and brought back so many beautiful memories. Viewing them just after returning from our honeymoon gave us such an awesome lift!”
Find out more about Schryver Photo here:
Lianne & Neil
I can imagine today’s beautiful bride and gorgeous groom hand-delivering invites on their bicycles… probably because of the charming, quirky bicycle table plan and their thrifty tips for saving on postage! Danielle and Danny are fantastic: full of ideas and inspiring advice, and I know you’ll adore their wedding.
The venue is Cheshire’s fabulous Rookery Hall; the images are by Liverpool wedding photographer David Walters. Highlights of today’s real wedding include a divine bouquet with hydrangeas and lots of lush greenery. I adore the portrait images in the grounds of Rookery Hall and the rustic touches Danny and Danielle added to personalise the venue.
See more from David Walters Photography:
A wonderfully rustic and personal wedding at Rookery Hall: Danielle + Danny
Our wedding story: Danny and Danielle
Wedding photographer’s website:
Campervans are the best wedding transport, I think! I adore Chrissy and Peter’s wedding because they travelled in style… and their entire day is so personal and creative. Chrissy told me it’s great to think creatively about the little details: when buying name tags, for example, just buy what you really like – even if it doesn’t say ‘wedding’ on the box!
Their Berkshire wedding is just lovely, and this stylish and gorgeous couple have so many brilliant ideas to share. I adore their pastel colour combinations – and the flowers are out of this world. Chrissy “wanted them to look like they had been picked like when you go for a walk! A bit rustic and natural” and Kaye Stallwood made her perfect bouquet, which I love!
Images are by the fabulous Hannah McClune Photography assisted by James Meek. Hannah is based in Reading, Berkshire and photographs weddings in the surrounding counties too! I can’t wait to feature more of her weddings so do check her out!
I’m totally lost for where to start with today’s gorgeous theatre wedding… there’s so much to show you and so many things I’d like to say I LOVE…
Lara and Andrew got married in Sheffield on a bit of a venue-hopping-spree complete with vintage bus. Their images from the Lyceum theatre bowled me over, and then I saw the Crucible photos, and pics of the bus, and well… I was hooked.
Lara is that knock-me-down-with-a-feather kind of beautiful and Andrew just looks super handsome. Their colours are inspiring for a winter wedding: bright yellows and blues give the kind of colour pop which really makes a contemporary wedding.
Images are by my lovely friend Mark at Tierney Photography in Sheffield. Check out more weddings by Tierney Photography and get in touch at:
I love a Pixies wedding… there will always be those ‘wow’ photographs – and for Steven and Sara there were so many. Today’s real wedding on the blog is a fun celebration full of brilliant ideas. Sara wears a Stella York gown, and Steven’s Next suit looks perfect… they’re a fab couple, as creative as they are gorgeous and I know you’ll adore their wedding!
My favourite idea from their wedding is the table plan, accompanied by polaroid pics of every guest with the instruction to “Find You”! – I love this! And there’s so much more… the jenga guest book, wedding signpost, the amazing flowers and glorious portraits taken in woodland at Abbeywood Estate.
Thanks to Steven and Sara for sharing their day, and to fab Manchester wedding photographers Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
The Worthing Dome is fabulous – I’ve no idea how it could possibly have escaped my attention until today! It’s a seaside venue with an exciting history, a gorgeous facade and beautifully styled inside.
I adore the seaside location, the glorious sunshine and amazing views are perfect – I thought they’d be just the tonic for this chilly March morning! Heather and Liam are just the loveliest couple too: their photos really do melt my heart
Heather and Liam chose well: with this incredible venue and a wonderful wedding photographer to match! Victoria JK Lamburn Photography is no stranger to the English Wedding Blog: her images are always beautiful and she gets great reviews from her brides and grooms too!
Do discover more from Vicky on her official website at: http://vickylamburn.com