- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- Paul Tarry on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Steph - Ivy Ellen on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Earcandy on England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- WhereWedding.co.uk on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Too deliciously designed to dare to taste? Wedding cakes gallery by Rosalind Miller Cakes
- Fabulous fairground wedding style with a quirky twist! Matilda Rose Photography at Marleybrook House
- Jacqui and Steve’s simple, relaxed wedding at Gate Street Barn, by Stylish Wedding Photography
- Minimal, naturally beautiful wedding styling at Froyle Park, Hampshire
- Peonies and pastels for a beautiful May wedding at Cold Harbour Barn, with Louise Adby Photography
- A whimsical, rustic, autumn woodland fairytale wedding with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- An elegant London wedding at the Institute of Contemporary Art, with Blake Ezra Photography
- Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Shades of Elegance – bridal style inspiration at the Artist Residence Hotel, London
- A beautiful wedding at Sheffield Botanical Gardens and The Chimney House: Tierney Photography
- Jenny and Louie’s lovely DIY wedding at Ufton Court Barn, with Benjamin Stuart Photography
- A handcrafted, postwar sweetheart 1940s inspired wedding blog with Damian Burcher Photography
- Modern calligraphy class… a few spaces left on the 10th of June!
- Homemade with love: Shani and Tim’s Kent wedding, with White Stag Wedding Photography
- We all wore Converse! Sarah & Ally’s Warwickshire wedding, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- About those group shots… invisible on blogs, unmissable for your memories!
- An English country garden wedding at Westonbirt House, with Robert Leons Photography
- An effortlessly elegant, brilliant family focused wedding in London with Colin Clay Photography
- A modern twist on a classic love story: Cinderella style for your wedding, with Something Blue
- A rustic Avoncroft Museum wedding, handcrafted with love and thought. Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- How to style a stately home wedding, at Waddesdon Manor
- Jade and Lawrence’s pretty DIY wedding at Hedingham Castle, with Sam & Louise Photography
- Join me for a modern calligraphy class in Manchester in June!
- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity?
- Creative and unusual florals with rustic bakes – my new favourite alternative spring wedding look!
- Nicola & Adam’s romantic Fanham’s Hall Hotel wedding, with Richard Pickavance
- Hannah and Mark’s vintage wedding at Ardington House, with Lesley Pattinson Photography
- The two best moments of your wedding day?
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
Jacqui’s gorgeous smile had me hooked on today’s real wedding from the very first moment I saw her. Wow. A beautiful bride and gorgeous groom who totally prove that a wedding is all about people: friends, family and being loved!
The details are there to inspire you of course: the fabulous bouquets by Etsy sellers including my favourite, Pumpkin & Pye; the wonderful cake display created by a friend; Jacqui’s stunning Monsoon wedding dress and the delicious styling of Gate Street Barn. You’ll love this!
Images are by my new friend Paul at Stylish Wedding Photography. I do hope to be able to share more of Paul’s weddings with you on the English Wedding Blog but in the meantime you should check him out here:
The English Wedding Blog interview: Steve and Jacqui
Wedding photographer’s website:
Were you pleased with your wedding photographer?
Gate Street Barn, Bramley, Surrey
So this is new… and kind of amazing to read! Gorgeous bride Sophie told me Cold Harbour Barn was so much more than a wedding venue: “The barn has so much character and charm that a lot of wedding venues simply don’t have – it has real soul.” It totally shines through in the images from their beautiful wedding day too!
Today’s wedding is lovely, with a ‘barely there’ colour palette, gorgeous peonies and lots and lots and lots of fabulous DIY details.
Gorgeous bride Sophie has shared some great advice in her interview at the end of the feature, but do take a little time to scroll through all of the beautiful images before you read it – they’re really special.
The photography is by lovely Louise Adby, who shoots weddings all around the UK and even further afield! Do find out more about her – as Sophie and Charlie will tell you, they were “absolutely delighted!” with Louise
Today is a bit of a treat for me, and for you too I hope! I have a wonderfully chic London wedding to show you, with a Caroline Castigliano designer dress, images by the amazing Blake Ezra Photography and one of my favourite London venues: the ICA.
Michelle is the most beautifully elegant bride, fabulous in her beautifully designed dress from Les Trois Soeurs London boutique. Her flowers were very simple red roses, matching Matthew’s buttonhole on his elegant Mr. Start suit. They’re the most amazing couple… I’m thrilled to be sharing their day with you!
The images are out of this world. Wedding photographer Blake Ezra is one of the best – his intuitive approach and understanding of weddings is second to none; his images have an indefinable magic to them… as Michelle and Matthew told me in their blog interview (at the end of the feature) they capture the day perfectly.
Find out more about Blake Ezra Photography here:
Sometimes I feel incredibly spoilt… I’m treated to the most amazing, ridiculously gorgeous real weddings and photography imaginable and I get to spend my days sharing them with you. Today is no exception, and I have another favourite wedding of the year – already – to show you. Grab a coffee and settle down for this one, it’s exquisite.
Colette and Scott were married at Sheffield Botanical Gardens. It’s one of those venues which is unique and so full of history: a Grade II listed pavilion and incredible place to be married. Their reception is just as impressive: Sheffield’s industrial Chimney House… which I’ll leave you to discover through the glorious images below.
Colette is knock-me-down-with-a-feather beautiful – a super sophisticated bride in a timelessly elegant gown. Scott’s her perfect match and there are such lovely images of them both here today – which brings me to their awesome photographer Mark Tierney. Mark is based in Sheffield and you can check out more weddings by Tierney Photography and get in touch at:
I love a creative bride and groom, I really really do! Jenny and Louie are the best of blog stars today with a fabulously creative wedding from Ufton Court Barn.
Jenny’s dress is by Chanticleer, and it’s beautiful. She’s a stunning bride and Louie’s her equally gorgeous other half. Don’t you just adore that flower crown?
The portraits from their day are some of my favourites: Ufton Court is a pretty special venue and one I’ve never featured before on the English Wedding Blog. I’m thrilled to be able to show you around it (virtually hehe) today!
Deciding not to have any particular theme, Louie and Jenny chose things they loved to add personality to their day: the Monopoly table plan is a highlight and the flowers are fabulous as well.
Images are by lovely Benjamin Stuart Photography. Benjamin is based in Berkshire and travels throughout the UK to photograph weddings. Check him out here:
I love today’s wedding for it’s classy sense of difference: there’s nothing normal or ordinary about Kate and Steve’s London wedding, and yet it’s as elegant as any wedding, ever, without trying to be quirky… the mark of a couple whose style and grace makes everything just fall into place beautifully.
Kate – today’s timelessly graceful and beautiful bride – and her husband Steve have been together for years and their wedding focused on friends and family. They still forget they’re married… and yet this wedding in its uniqueness will stick in my mind for a long time. I love to see a day which is different.
One of my favourite things about today is Kate’s interview (at the end of the feature). Very often brides write LOTS about their dress, and add a very brief note about the groom’s attire or bridesmaids / flower girls. Kate though… and I LOVE this… gives a resounding ‘nah…’ + one line to my question about her dress (which is stunning!) but writes 3 LINES about her adorable son (Batman bowtie – awesome!!) and daughter (sparkly shoes – awww!!).