- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Anna and Dale’s idyllic Kersey Mill wedding, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Della & Aaron’s beautiful wedding at Charlton House, with LoveSeen Photography
- Jennifer & Marcus’s quintessentially English wedding at Stoke Place, with Neil Walker Photography
- Angela and Aaron’s white and gold winter wedding with Camilla J. Hards
- Conceptual Elegance: nature’s beauty & urban backdrops for a sublime modern wedding style
- Nicola and Gary’s vintage-inspired wedding at Streamcombe Farm, with Jade Nott Photography
- Betty and Phil’s wedding with Linus Moran Photography
- The magic of a marquee wedding venue, with Hatch Marquee Hire (Devon & Cornwall)
- Lizzie & Nilo’s hidden gem museum wedding in London, with Kristian Leven Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Alive Network Entertainment Agency
- Sarah and Paul’s vintage village hall wedding in the Cotswolds, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Emily and Max’s beautiful English wedding at Huntsham Court, with Eleanor Stobbart Photography
- Practical wedding tips from the other side of the lens, by Liam Smith Photography
- Chloe and James’s gorgeous autumn wedding full of books, with Howell Jones Photography
- Award-winning make up advice and bridal contouring demo by Cathryn Kerwin-Rawlinson with Paul Kyte Photography
- Luxurious, opulent wedding style in a romantic, rustic setting: a styled shoot
- Sophisticated bohemian wedding stationery collections from Lilac & White
- Jen and Tim’s homemade, countryside wedding in Chipping Walden, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Bluebell woodland wedding inspiration shoot with Harriet Jones
- Alex and Andrew’s nature-inspired Wynyard Hall wedding with a touch of Aussie – with David West Photography
- Hannah & Seb’s perfectly traditional English wedding at the Palace of Westminster, with Neil Walker Photography
- Discovering beautiful handmade bridesmaid dresses by AbideMaids in Devon
- Unique, boho and illustrated wedding stationery collections by Aimee Willow Designs
- Jen and Chris’s beautiful yellow accented wedding at Bury Court Barn, with Murray Clarke Photography
- New sponsor welcome: Lumière Photography, Leicester
- Vanessa & Will’s rustic country farm wedding in Warwickshire, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- Emma and Fraser’s charming Putney Farm wedding, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- Make your own beautiful bridal bouquet in blue, coral and white, with Pumpkin & Pye
- Josie and Gareth’s wonderfully rustic countryside wedding, with Freckle Photography
- Charlotte and Jay’s rustic DIY wedding by a lake, with White Stag Photography
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
Today’s wedding is just beautiful – I love it. The rain makes for a magical story behind the images, which are all the lovelier for it! Della and Aaron make such a gorgeous couple – she’s stunning, and her dress is fabulous. The portraits of the couple are sublime, the cake is something of a masterpiece… absolutely wonderful.
“Our colour palette was very neutral, with tones of pale blush/pink/nude. We wanted our style to be simple and elegant with a slight vintage feel, but not too traditional. Our table names were areas/themes/classical artists of Florence (where Aaron proposed).”
Photographer Clare from LoveSeen remembers the weather very clearly – and I love how she embraced the challenge and came up with some amazing images! “It was relentless rain all day which was a shame as it was an otherwise sunny July. However, this made it more of a creative challenge for me and it was good to be able to put a smile on their faces and come up with some unique ways of showing their wedding.”
Today’s wedding is so, so perfect… it’s full of laughter and love, with the loveliest styling and decor… and the most beautiful bride and gorgeous groom. I can’t think of a better way to begin our week, can you?!
The flowers are by Kate at Windmill Farm Flowers. Nicola told me they were “the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. So perfect and effective.” The naked cake fitted the wedding style so well – and the decoration is fabulous. It was made by the Exclusive Cake Company, Dulverton.
The styling of the venue involved family and friends: “My Maid of Honour made us some beautiful bunting which we hung in the Barn. we made the venue look our own which was really important. The Groom and his groomsmen were amazing and did alot of the dressing of the venue which I loved.”
“We did homemade confetti which all of my beautiful bridemaids helped with. We put them into personalised bags. it was lovely. We had homemade bunting, and sweetbags and the favours were biscuits with tea!”
What can I say about these lovely two?… they’re gorgeous. Their wedding is just as gorgeous. The spirit of their day is fun and full of character – and there are so many fabulous little touches I know will inspire you. Chloe & James – we love your wedding!
We had a cake made by James’s mum and all the flowers were also handmade from sugar paste. My sister made the confetti from dried rose petals and we used the handmade bunting she had for her wedding 4 years earlier. My mum made the place scrolls and handwrote each guests name and menu choices. My parents also made the table plan display from old book covers. It really made it such a special day having people contribute.
Images are by Bristol & Somerset wedding photographer Howell Jones Photography:
Vanessa & Will’s rustic country farm wedding in Warwickshire, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
It seems sooo long since we published a sneak peek from this wedding in the English Wedding Book at the beginning of this year (do you have your free copy yet?) but when these divine wedding pics landed in my inbox it felt like yesterday. Vanessa and Will are amazing: their farming wedding is one of the loveliest I’ve ever featured and I know you’ll love everything about their day.
All images are by Midlands wedding photographers Rob & Sarah Gillespie
Contact and bookings: Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
“We were at home when we saw the final pictures and we viewed them together. They are amazing and really capture our day. The detail and moments that Rob and Sarah captured were just truly magical, and it is so lovely that we have such a special record of our day, including piecing together bits that we had no idea had even happened!”
~ Will & Vanessa
I love the sunny glow of this wedding – Emily is too gorgeous for words and the portraits from Northbrook Park are incredible. It’s wonderful to see a low-key wedding too: one where the focus is purely on the romance of the day and the company of close friends and family – and captured so beautifully, Emily and Ash’s wedding is certainly one I’ll remember for a long, long time.
Images are by The Springles, who are lovely UK & destination photographers Ash & Kat. Discover them here:
“The thing we care about most when photographing a wedding, is of course the couple. We massively support marriage, having got married ourselves last year. We also love getting to know people and being able to share their first steps into married life is such a blessing for us. Emily and Ash were so obviously captivated by each other. They are one of those couple that have a tangible energy and connection that’s just SO obvious for everyone that meet them.” ~ The Springles
I don’t think there are words to describe this breathtaking bouquet… and it sets the scene for one of the loveliest weddings of the year. Laura and Simon married at Cripps Barn in February. Despite a little rain on their day, their smiles and laughter have been lighting up my screen all week – I just can’t stop scrolling through their wedding gallery.
Contact & Bookings: Jennifer Sinclair Photography
“Jennifer took our photos for our wedding at Cripps Barn in Gloucestershire in February 2016 and we can’t recommend her highly enough – book her and you won’t be disappointed! Simon knew Jennifer from working together several years before, and when we started looking for photographers we took a look at her website, loved what we saw and dropped her a line. From the first meeting at our house, we knew we wanted her to take our wedding photos for us. She’s so lovely, chatty and friendly, we were instantly at ease and loved her portfolio and approach.” ~ Laura & Simon