- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan on
- Sarah and Aaron’s relaxed and informal Consall Hall wedding, with Ragdoll Photography on
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Will and Nikki’s beautiful, rustic and laid back country wedding, with Samantha Pells Photography
- Brand new, handcrafted and gilded floral headpieces by Yelena Smirnova
- Lady at the Lake – wedding style inspiration by Jessica Davies Photography
- Lovely news for Cornwall & South West England weddings… your new, unique, pop up wedding venue!
- Joe and Charlotte’s very English wedding at spectacular Harlaxton Manor, with Kev Elkins Photography
- Striking gold and black handwritten wedding calligraphy ideas for an intimate woodland celebration
- Alexandra & Chris’s peony-filled May wedding in Leeds, with Laura Calderwood Photography
- Daisies in her hair… wedding style inspiration for a late spring bride
- Alex and Kate’s beautiful summer wedding at Denbies Wine Estate, with Carl Glancey Photography
- What to expect from your first wedding dress appointment
- Victoria & David’s gorgeous summer sailing club wedding, with Neil Walker Photography
- Brighten your beautiful eyes with this loveliness! It’s British Flowers Week…
- Gemma and Mike’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory wedding at Great Hallingbury Manor with Just Hitched Photography
- A gorgeous, classic pink rose wedding inspiration shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Ally & Dan’s amazing vintage wedding at Brunswick House, with London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
- Contemporary and whimsical wedding stationery from Project Pretty near Chester
- Chrissi and Tom’s beautiful Corfe Castle wedding, with Linus Moran Photography
- Jess and Ben’s vibrant summer wedding in Suffolk, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Thank you.
- Steve and Emma’s Deer Park wedding in Devon, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Kris and Laura’s gorgeous harvest festival wedding, with One Love Pictures
- New sponsor welcome! Wedding bands, musicians and more from Entertainment Nation
- Nicola & Peter’s relaxed country wedding in Somerset, with Martin Dabek Photography
- Tracey and Garry’s afternoon tea party wedding, with Just Hitched Photography
- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan
- John and Lucy’s Scottish / English / Italian wedding in Cambridge, with Benni Carol Wedding Photography
- Madeleine & George’s elegant winter wedding at St Audries Park, with Life in Focus Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Peak District wedding photographer John Mottershaw Photography
- How To Choose a Band To Fit Your Wedding Theme
- Dale and Charmaine’s laughter-filled wedding at Crockwell Farm, with Liam Smith Photography
Category Archives: contemporary weddings
Morning lovelies! I hope you’ve got a fun day planned – but before you head out do have a scroll through today’s gorgeous English wedding – it’s full of elegant style and classic ideas, with a wonderful reception at a sailing club (and of course some stunning beach shots!)
Words & Images by Sussex wedding photographers Neil Walker Photography
The church was in the beautiful Sussex village of Findon, we then went on to Worthing Sailing Club, which of course is right on the beach. I was able to take advantage of the beach huts and the beach itself to get some beautiful photos of the two of them. The Sailing club itself has big windows all down the beach side, so I had wonderful light to play with for all the photos in the afternoon.
Contact & Bookings: Neil Walker Photography
Ally & Dan’s amazing vintage wedding at Brunswick House, with London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
So Ally & Dan’s wedding is all kinds of amazing: a wonderfully exciting venue with tons of character, a beautiful narrative of their day in the images by lovely UK & London wedding photographer Kristian Leven. Ally is just gorgeous; Dan looks pretty dam fabulous too! And their day is full of love, romance and laughter from beginning to end – just perfect.
Contact & Bookings: Kristian Leven Photography
Brunswick House really is such an amazing, and unique venue – it’s right in the heart of London, packed with salvaged curiosities, sparkling chandeliers, and an eclectic mix of vintage paraphernalia.
Words & Images: fabulous UK & London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
“Ally + Dan themselves made this such a memorable day – such amazing characters! I’ve actually seen them since the wedding and we’ve gotten on so well, I wish I could see them more often! There was also an incredibly moving speech – Ally’s dad passed away before the wedding due to illness, but wrote a speech in the event he wouldn’t make it. It was read out by a close friend of the couple, and there really wasn’t a dry eye in the house – me included.”
I always like to pick out my favourite few photos to show you first – it’s a great way to set the scene for a gorgeous wedding blog feature, and I always love scrolling through a wedding, looking out for those amazing, eye-catching, breathtakingly beautiful moments to share with you. However… I tried it today, and within moments I had a list of a dozen STUNNING moments from Dale and Charmaine’s day. Safe to say this is a knockout, and I love every. single. pic.
Images are by the always fabulous Liam Smith Photography, based in Milton Keynes & London. Liam travels all over the UK and also shoots destination weddings – so do get in touch!
Contact & Bookings: Liam Smith Photography
Charmaine and Dale are the cutest couple ever. Join me in swooning over Charmaine’s divine dress; do please Pin that glorious bouquet to your heart’s content; and fall in love with the super pretty naked cake. We’re spoiling you rotten with stunning weddings this week… but hey, it’s June and we’re celebrating, right?!
Today’s wedding is just beautiful – I love it. The rain makes for a magical story behind the images, which are all the lovelier for it! Della and Aaron make such a gorgeous couple – she’s stunning, and her dress is fabulous. The portraits of the couple are sublime, the cake is something of a masterpiece… absolutely wonderful.
“Our colour palette was very neutral, with tones of pale blush/pink/nude. We wanted our style to be simple and elegant with a slight vintage feel, but not too traditional. Our table names were areas/themes/classical artists of Florence (where Aaron proposed).”
Photographer Clare from LoveSeen remembers the weather very clearly – and I love how she embraced the challenge and came up with some amazing images! “It was relentless rain all day which was a shame as it was an otherwise sunny July. However, this made it more of a creative challenge for me and it was good to be able to put a smile on their faces and come up with some unique ways of showing their wedding.”
Today’s wedding is so, so perfect… it’s full of laughter and love, with the loveliest styling and decor… and the most beautiful bride and gorgeous groom. I can’t think of a better way to begin our week, can you?!
The flowers are by Kate at Windmill Farm Flowers. Nicola told me they were “the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen. So perfect and effective.” The naked cake fitted the wedding style so well – and the decoration is fabulous. It was made by the Exclusive Cake Company, Dulverton.
The styling of the venue involved family and friends: “My Maid of Honour made us some beautiful bunting which we hung in the Barn. we made the venue look our own which was really important. The Groom and his groomsmen were amazing and did alot of the dressing of the venue which I loved.”
“We did homemade confetti which all of my beautiful bridemaids helped with. We put them into personalised bags. it was lovely. We had homemade bunting, and sweetbags and the favours were biscuits with tea!”
What can I say about these lovely two?… they’re gorgeous. Their wedding is just as gorgeous. The spirit of their day is fun and full of character – and there are so many fabulous little touches I know will inspire you. Chloe & James – we love your wedding!
We had a cake made by James’s mum and all the flowers were also handmade from sugar paste. My sister made the confetti from dried rose petals and we used the handmade bunting she had for her wedding 4 years earlier. My mum made the place scrolls and handwrote each guests name and menu choices. My parents also made the table plan display from old book covers. It really made it such a special day having people contribute.
Images are by Bristol & Somerset wedding photographer Howell Jones Photography: