- liz inigo jones on For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Vickerstaff Photography on Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Flushing Bride on Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- Vickerstaff Photography on 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
- Vickerstaff Photography on Emma and Gavin’s rustic barn wedding in Suffolk, with Lorraine Claire Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
- A sneak peek at Sassi Holford’s Savoy collection for 2015
- Georgian country house wedding styled shoot, with My Fayre Favourite and Penny Young Photography
- A three-month-and-more countdown to beautiful wedding hair
- Your ideas please: ‘Exclusive’ content on wedding blogs?
- A stunning Cheshire wedding at Abbeywood Estate, with Pixies in the Cellar Photography
- Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
- A beautiful 1920s inspired wedding at Manchester Art Gallery, with Tony Fanning Photography
- 1920s inspired bridal style… with a dramatic and beautiful grunge twist!
- Create a fun and fresh spring wedding look with blue hydrangeas – Oakley Hall bridal shoot
- Sarah and Nigel’s beautiful Brighton music hall wedding with Sue Kwiatkowska Photography
- The rise of the elopement… 9 reasons why running away together beats planning a wedding!
- Heather and Liam’s seaside wedding at The Worthing Dome, with Victoria Lamburn Photography
- Hilary and Taher’s quintessentially English wedding in Ilkley, with Suzy Mitchell Photography
- For wedding suppliers: 5 Basic Rules of Editorial Shoot Etiquette!
- Adrian and Charlotte’s beautiful Wasing Park wedding with Ian Wallace Photography
- Emma and Gavin’s rustic barn wedding in Suffolk, with Lorraine Claire Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Bunny Delicious unique wedding stationery
- Jessica and Sean’s quintessentially English wedding at Priory Hall, with Lee Allison Photography
- Meet the wedding photographer: Benjamin Toms
- Luxuriously lovely couture wedding gowns – the new look book images from Phillipa Lepley
- Temples, churches, Pimms and curry! Charlie and Ashok’s Indian fusion wedding with Paul Fuller Kent Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Wild Rose Photography
- Glamour, elegance and a dress which you will love forever… Sassi Holford’s Signature Collection
- Bethany and Harry’s classical English wedding at Stoke Rochford, with Aaron Collett Photography
- Special offer: 40% off DIY wedding photo albums
- A closer look at Sassi Holford’s 2015 So Sassi Collection: delicious designer style for the modern British bride
- 5 essential money saving tips from The Pavilion at Lane End
- Gorgeous handpicked flowers for a Lobster Shack summer wedding, with Caroline Nicholson Photography
Category Archives: autumn weddings
I’m totally lost for where to start with today’s gorgeous theatre wedding… there’s so much to show you and so many things I’d like to say I LOVE…
Lara and Andrew got married in Sheffield on a bit of a venue-hopping-spree complete with vintage bus. Their images from the Lyceum theatre bowled me over, and then I saw the Crucible photos, and pics of the bus, and well… I was hooked.
Lara is that knock-me-down-with-a-feather kind of beautiful and Andrew just looks super handsome. Their colours are inspiring for a winter wedding: bright yellows and blues give the kind of colour pop which really makes a contemporary wedding.
Images are by my lovely friend Mark at Tierney Photography in Sheffield. Check out more weddings by Tierney Photography and get in touch at:
I love a Pixies wedding… there will always be those ‘wow’ photographs – and for Steven and Sara there were so many. Today’s real wedding on the blog is a fun celebration full of brilliant ideas. Sara wears a Stella York gown, and Steven’s Next suit looks perfect… they’re a fab couple, as creative as they are gorgeous and I know you’ll adore their wedding!
My favourite idea from their wedding is the table plan, accompanied by polaroid pics of every guest with the instruction to “Find You”! – I love this! And there’s so much more… the jenga guest book, wedding signpost, the amazing flowers and glorious portraits taken in woodland at Abbeywood Estate.
Thanks to Steven and Sara for sharing their day, and to fab Manchester wedding photographers Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
We’re soooo discovering theatres as fabulous wedding reception spaces in England now, and I LOVE them all! Hilary and Taher were married in Yorkshire with their reception at the King’s Hall and Winter Garden – a fabulous space with tons of character.
They’re a gorgeous and stylish couple. Hilary’s dress is divine – a unique designer number by the incredibly talented Astral Sundholm. Hilary told me she fell in love with Astral as well as with her beautiful dress!
Hilary told me the best thing about being married is “Being able to look back at a wonderful wedding, and look forward to a beautiful future.” So shall we have a look at those gorgeous wedding photos ourselves? They’re by wonderful Yorkshire wedding photographer Suzy Mitchell:
You’ll love this, I know. Enjoy…
Our wedding story: Taher and Hilary
Wedding photographer’s website:
Today’s bride and groom planned a beautiful barn wedding in just eight months. And when I say beautiful… it’s breaking my heart trying to narrow down the selection of images to show you for today’s blog feature.
There are smiles and tender moments and stunning portraits throughout this incredible day. The venue – unmistakably Wasing Park – is spectacular. The sunlight is divine. Adrian and Charlotte are clearly made for each other…
And yet… as I scroll through the images from their wedding, part of me thinks if I could only show you two or three images this would still be a wedding of the year. When it comes to breathtaking wedding pictures, Ian Wallace Photography is one of the best. But you don’t need me to tell you… just look at this wonderful English wedding. You will fall in love.
Our wedding story: Adrian and Charlotte
Wedding photographer’s website:
I do love a barn wedding… and Emma and Gavin’s is bursting with lovely little details which I know you’ll love. They married in October at Alpheton Hall Barns in Suffolk, and included lots of DIY details which are captured in the lovely photos I’m so happy to be sharing with you all today!
Emma told me “I especially loved that our photographer had captured so much detail of our day, having pictures of all the little bits and pieces reminded me of how everything had come together so well“.
The images are by Lorraine Claire Photography. Lorraine was excited to share the wedding with us all today: “Emma was honestly the nicest bride I have ever photographed. The whole day Emma was telling her bridesmaids how gorgeous they looked. All Emma wanted to do was to make sure everyone was having a good time. It was a gorgeous wedding full of happiness and laughter.”
Find out more about Lorraine Claire here:
James’s dad found today’s wedding cake stand in a field… and Amy’s mum arranged all of the gorgeous wedding flowers with help from Amy’s sister and maid of honour. Finley the cat modelled for stationery design, while Amy’s brother made the save the dates. Cakes, games, decorations were all home made with lots of help from family and friends… and this is every bit the modern English wedding. You know what? I LOVE it!
Amy’s advice says it all: “If you have friends and family who offer help, accept it! Not only does it save money but it ads such a special personal touch. We were incredibly lucky to have such talented friends and family to help us!” And aren’t they just…
Images are by Jason and Marie at Marie Lloyd Photography, who are based in North Wales – they photograph weddings all around Cheshire and North Wales so do check them out:
Amy and James: a beautiful DIY Hundred House wedding blog