- Sarah and Aaron’s relaxed and informal Consall Hall wedding, with Ragdoll Photography on
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Sarah and Aaron’s relaxed and informal Consall Hall wedding, with Ragdoll Photography
- Anna and Dale’s idyllic Kersey Mill wedding, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Della & Aaron’s beautiful wedding at Charlton House, with LoveSeen Photography
- Jennifer & Marcus’s quintessentially English wedding at Stoke Place, with Neil Walker Photography
- Angela and Aaron’s white and gold winter wedding with Camilla J. Hards
- Conceptual Elegance: nature’s beauty & urban backdrops for a sublime modern wedding style
- Nicola and Gary’s vintage-inspired wedding at Streamcombe Farm, with Jade Nott Photography
- Betty and Phil’s wedding with Linus Moran Photography
- The magic of a marquee wedding venue, with Hatch Marquee Hire (Devon & Cornwall)
- Lizzie & Nilo’s hidden gem museum wedding in London, with Kristian Leven Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Alive Network Entertainment Agency
- Sarah and Paul’s vintage village hall wedding in the Cotswolds, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Emily and Max’s beautiful English wedding at Huntsham Court, with Eleanor Stobbart Photography
- Practical wedding tips from the other side of the lens, by Liam Smith Photography
- Chloe and James’s gorgeous autumn wedding full of books, with Howell Jones Photography
- Award-winning make up advice and bridal contouring demo by Cathryn Kerwin-Rawlinson with Paul Kyte Photography
- Luxurious, opulent wedding style in a romantic, rustic setting: a styled shoot
- Sophisticated bohemian wedding stationery collections from Lilac & White
- Jen and Tim’s homemade, countryside wedding in Chipping Walden, with Jodie Cooling Photography
- Bluebell woodland wedding inspiration shoot with Harriet Jones
- Alex and Andrew’s nature-inspired Wynyard Hall wedding with a touch of Aussie – with David West Photography
- Hannah & Seb’s perfectly traditional English wedding at the Palace of Westminster, with Neil Walker Photography
- Discovering beautiful handmade bridesmaid dresses by AbideMaids in Devon
- Unique, boho and illustrated wedding stationery collections by Aimee Willow Designs
- Jen and Chris’s beautiful yellow accented wedding at Bury Court Barn, with Murray Clarke Photography
- New sponsor welcome: Lumière Photography, Leicester
- Vanessa & Will’s rustic country farm wedding in Warwickshire, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- Emma and Fraser’s charming Putney Farm wedding, with Fiona Kelly Photography
- Make your own beautiful bridal bouquet in blue, coral and white, with Pumpkin & Pye
- Josie and Gareth’s wonderfully rustic countryside wedding, with Freckle Photography
Category Archives: autumn weddings
What can I say about these lovely two?… they’re gorgeous. Their wedding is just as gorgeous. The spirit of their day is fun and full of character – and there are so many fabulous little touches I know will inspire you. Chloe & James – we love your wedding!
We had a cake made by James’s mum and all the flowers were also handmade from sugar paste. My sister made the confetti from dried rose petals and we used the handmade bunting she had for her wedding 4 years earlier. My mum made the place scrolls and handwrote each guests name and menu choices. My parents also made the table plan display from old book covers. It really made it such a special day having people contribute.
Images are by Bristol & Somerset wedding photographer Howell Jones Photography:
Alex and Andrew’s nature-inspired Wynyard Hall wedding with a touch of Aussie – with David West Photography
There are too many things to love about Alex and Andrew’s wedding: the bride herself is stunning, her groom equally as gorgeous 🙂 The modern calligraphy lettering on their fabulous letterpress stationery is a winner for me instantly; the flowers are divine, and the styling of the day comes together so beautifully to create a fabulous English wedding.
The flowers are spectacular: “Adam Prest was our florist for the day, Katie and I met Adam a few weeks before the wedding and the whole experience was magical! Adam really has the gift of creating exactly what you have in mind with little direction. I wanted a woodland feel with pops of natural colour, Adam certainly exceeded our expectations.”
All images are by David West Photography, based in the north east. Discover more from David here:
Vanessa & Will’s rustic country farm wedding in Warwickshire, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
It seems sooo long since we published a sneak peek from this wedding in the English Wedding Book at the beginning of this year (do you have your free copy yet?) but when these divine wedding pics landed in my inbox it felt like yesterday. Vanessa and Will are amazing: their farming wedding is one of the loveliest I’ve ever featured and I know you’ll love everything about their day.
All images are by Midlands wedding photographers Rob & Sarah Gillespie
Contact and bookings: Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
“We were at home when we saw the final pictures and we viewed them together. They are amazing and really capture our day. The detail and moments that Rob and Sarah captured were just truly magical, and it is so lovely that we have such a special record of our day, including piecing together bits that we had no idea had even happened!”
~ Will & Vanessa
I’m head over heels in love with Josie and Gareth’s countryside wedding… the photos are fabulous, the location is stunning, I think every detail is perfect. Josie is just so beautiful and Gareth looks fantastic. I adore the heather, the bouquet is amaaaaaazing, the orders of service are gorgeous…. what’s not to love?
The theme for the day was rustic countryside with spectacular tipis and local flowers and food. Josie told me she got a lot of inspiration from wedding blogs and pinterest but choose wedding suppliers through research and recommendations.
Images are by lovely Emma at Freckle Photography. Discover more from her here:
Words aren’t really enough sometimes… today’s wedding is more beautiful than any dictionary could ever define: a glorious celebration in fabulous style. Bryony and Richard were married at Hassop Hall in the autumn, and their day is breathtaking.
Images are by Sheffield wedding photographer John Mottershaw, who told me this wedding is one he’ll remember for its colours: “Autumn colours in beautiful sunshine combined with the slightly unusual colours of their outfits (Bryony made her own dress) all worked together to make this wedding a visual treat. A good looking, fun couple, Bryony and Richard were great to work with.”
Discover more from John Mottershaw Photography here:
My family is from Derbyshire and so I know the wonderful contours of the Peak District rather well… and it’s one of the loveliest parts of England to be married: the mountains and moorlands are an incredible place to explore. Bryony and Richard were married at Hathersage Church and held their reception at Hassop Hall – one of my favourite Derbyshire wedding venues.
Yesterday we featured Verity and Tom’s intimate Chester wedding ceremony… so today I’m thrilled to be sharing the fabulous images from their wedding reception at Nunsmere Hall. The flowers are divine, Verity and her bridesmaids are beautiful and the guys look awesome too! They had a lovely blessing at a church in Tarporley, and then went onto the gorgeous Nunsmere Hall.
Wedding photographer Lucy (Clara Cooper Photography) told me, “This was one of the best weddings I shot this year, the people were wonderful, Verity & Tom were so in love, and they really did go ALL out, the flowers (just WOW), the table settings, even the absolutely stunning gifts, all engraved with a birch leaf, (Verity’s second name), the day was filled with personal touches which made it so special. The sun shone all day long, they had a live musician who was AMAZING and he played every instrument you can imagine. There were beautiful family portraits, champagne in the gardens, and a stunning wedding breakfast. Following this they partied hard into the night.”