- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Rachel & Matthew’s summer fete wedding blog at Sherbourne Park, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- Jules Bridal Jewellery on A vintage emergency services styled wedding in Kent, with Sarah Wayte Photography
- Joe Misfit on Artistry with flowers – Rebecca Tiller Floral Imaginarium and Julie Anne Images (Surrey)
- Vickerstaff Photography on A crazy beautiful vintage outdoor tipi wedding in Derby, with Matt Brown Photography
- Vickerstaff Photography on Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Rachel & Matthew’s summer fete wedding blog at Sherbourne Park, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- Advertise on the English Wedding Blog from May – slots available now!
- Spotlight on stationery: deliciously diverse and distinctive wedding invitations by Emma Jo
- Nicola and James’s rustic country wedding at Avoncroft Museum of Historic Buildings, with Just Hitched Photography
- Love this idea! A family heirloom recipe book for your wedding day :)
- Quintessentially English – peonies, duck racing and spacehoppers at Sopley Mill, with Ian H Photography
- Nicola and Rob’s timelessly stylish Bartle Hall wedding, with Vickerstaff Photography
- A brilliantly unique and personal wedding in Hertfordshire, with Cinzia Bruschini
- Wedding supplier? A quick ‘secret’ to getting wedding blog features…
- A vintage emergency services styled wedding in Kent, with Sarah Wayte Photography
- Chloe and Mark’s warm, wintry, rustic wedding in Somerset, with Kerry Bartlett Photography
- The prettiest floral wedding ideas – a styled shoot at Kelham House
- Couture bridal design – Britta Von Basedow London
- Where weddings and art go hand in hand…
- A Manchester city centre wedding with an English summer party twist! By Paul Joseph Photography
- Ciao bellissima! Sicilian elegant rustic wedding styling ideas with calligraphy
- Artistry with flowers – Rebecca Tiller Floral Imaginarium and Julie Anne Images (Surrey)
- A crazy beautiful vintage outdoor tipi wedding in Derby, with Matt Brown Photography
- A charming and laid back English garden party wedding in Kent, with Schryver Photography
- Alex and Nina’s romantic English garden wedding in Chelmsford, with Terri Pashley Photography
- A beautiful Rookery Hall wedding with rustic details, from David Walters Photography
- A modern DIY wedding in Berkshire, with Hannah McClune Photography
- Lara and Andrew’s stunning theatre wedding in Yorkshire, with Tierney Photography
- A sneak peek at Sassi Holford’s Savoy collection for 2015
- Georgian country house wedding styled shoot, with My Fayre Favourite and Penny Young Photography
- A three-month-and-more countdown to beautiful wedding hair
- Your ideas please: ‘Exclusive’ content on wedding blogs?
- A stunning Cheshire wedding at Abbeywood Estate, with Pixies in the Cellar Photography
- Chris and Kate’s beautiful hydrangea wedding in Staffordshire, with Samantha Jane Photography
- Wedding Cake Trends for 2015 by Carolyn, The Pavilion at Lane End
Category Archives: autumn weddings
I love a wedding with a sense of humour, and Louise and Steve mix giggles (Cagney & Lacey?!) with gorgeousness (Louise & Steve!) beautifully. Their vintage emergency services wedding in Kent has the best transport I’ve seen yet: a 1960s police car and vintage red ambulance – the perfect way for a policeman and his paramedic bride to travel in style to their wedding!
There’s so much from today’s wedding I think is amazing… The handfasting ceremony (and that Louise and Steve kept the besom on display in their home for good luck); the lovely flowers, Louise’s sign for her Dad as they approached the aisle… and everything from the wonderful moments to the tiniest details was captured beautifully by Sarah Wayte Photography.
Louise told me they planned their budget carefully with a spreadsheet, and it paid off: “It was so satisfying paying the last supplier, we felt we could sit back and finally wait for the big day to arrive.” Together with their daughter Imogene they collected and crafted all of the lovely little details to pull together their wedding style, and the end result is just lovely!
A fabulous snippet of advice from today’s couple: “We did as much as we could ourselves and kept things as simple as possible so that we could spend more on the things we knew we would be able to keep forever.”… and one of the best tips I’ve heard in my years as a wedding blogger. Nina and Alex are officially awesome! Oh, and they’re a beautiful couple too…
Once again The Wedding Shop in Colchester gets a great review on the blog – and when you see how amazing Nina looks it’s obvious why! (I love reading great things about wedding suppliers, it makes me so happy for our little industry!) She accessorised with her Grandmother’s pearls wrapped around her wrist, and champagne satin peep toe shoes by Karen Millen… and she looks so elegant and beautiful.
Another fantastic idea for other couples is Alex’s speech: he didn’t want to stand up and make a speech (and I’m totally in agreement that you shouldn’t do anything you won’t look forward to on the day!) so he made a video which went down a storm with guests… and meant he could relax and enjoy it too.
I can imagine today’s beautiful bride and gorgeous groom hand-delivering invites on their bicycles… probably because of the charming, quirky bicycle table plan and their thrifty tips for saving on postage! Danielle and Danny are fantastic: full of ideas and inspiring advice, and I know you’ll adore their wedding.
The venue is Cheshire’s fabulous Rookery Hall; the images are by Liverpool wedding photographer David Walters. Highlights of today’s real wedding include a divine bouquet with hydrangeas and lots of lush greenery. I adore the portrait images in the grounds of Rookery Hall and the rustic touches Danny and Danielle added to personalise the venue.
See more from David Walters Photography:
A wonderfully rustic and personal wedding at Rookery Hall: Danielle + Danny
Our wedding story: Danny and Danielle
Wedding photographer’s website:
I’m totally lost for where to start with today’s gorgeous theatre wedding… there’s so much to show you and so many things I’d like to say I LOVE…
Lara and Andrew got married in Sheffield on a bit of a venue-hopping-spree complete with vintage bus. Their images from the Lyceum theatre bowled me over, and then I saw the Crucible photos, and pics of the bus, and well… I was hooked.
Lara is that knock-me-down-with-a-feather kind of beautiful and Andrew just looks super handsome. Their colours are inspiring for a winter wedding: bright yellows and blues give the kind of colour pop which really makes a contemporary wedding.
Images are by my lovely friend Mark at Tierney Photography in Sheffield. Check out more weddings by Tierney Photography and get in touch at:
I love a Pixies wedding… there will always be those ‘wow’ photographs – and for Steven and Sara there were so many. Today’s real wedding on the blog is a fun celebration full of brilliant ideas. Sara wears a Stella York gown, and Steven’s Next suit looks perfect… they’re a fab couple, as creative as they are gorgeous and I know you’ll adore their wedding!
My favourite idea from their wedding is the table plan, accompanied by polaroid pics of every guest with the instruction to “Find You”! – I love this! And there’s so much more… the jenga guest book, wedding signpost, the amazing flowers and glorious portraits taken in woodland at Abbeywood Estate.
Thanks to Steven and Sara for sharing their day, and to fab Manchester wedding photographers Pixies in the Cellar. Do check them out:
We’re soooo discovering theatres as fabulous wedding reception spaces in England now, and I LOVE them all! Hilary and Taher were married in Yorkshire with their reception at the King’s Hall and Winter Garden – a fabulous space with tons of character.
They’re a gorgeous and stylish couple. Hilary’s dress is divine – a unique designer number by the incredibly talented Astral Sundholm. Hilary told me she fell in love with Astral as well as with her beautiful dress!
Hilary told me the best thing about being married is “Being able to look back at a wonderful wedding, and look forward to a beautiful future.” So shall we have a look at those gorgeous wedding photos ourselves? They’re by wonderful Yorkshire wedding photographer Suzy Mitchell:
You’ll love this, I know. Enjoy…