- Jules Bridal Jewellery on Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- Paul Tarry on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Steph - Ivy Ellen on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Earcandy on England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- WhereWedding.co.uk on Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
My calligraphyHello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love rock music, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 01946 727 837
English Wedding Blog
Apartment 1 Lingmell Courtyard
- Minimal, naturally beautiful wedding styling at Froyle Park, Hampshire
- Peonies and pastels for a beautiful May wedding at Cold Harbour Barn, with Louise Adby Photography
- A whimsical, rustic, autumn woodland fairytale wedding with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- An elegant London wedding at the Institute of Contemporary Art, with Blake Ezra Photography
- Why documentary photos are the key to a unique wedding, by Benjamin Toms
- England’s most incredible wedding venue: introducing Sharrow Bay
- Katherine and Ben’s homemade woodland wedding in Cornwall, with Evolve Photography
- Shades of Elegance – bridal style inspiration at the Artist Residence Hotel, London
- A beautiful wedding at Sheffield Botanical Gardens and The Chimney House: Tierney Photography
- Jenny and Louie’s lovely DIY wedding at Ufton Court Barn, with Benjamin Stuart Photography
- A handcrafted, postwar sweetheart 1940s inspired wedding blog with Damian Burcher Photography
- Modern calligraphy class… a few spaces left on the 10th of June!
- Homemade with love: Shani and Tim’s Kent wedding, with White Stag Wedding Photography
- We all wore Converse! Sarah & Ally’s Warwickshire wedding, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- About those group shots… invisible on blogs, unmissable for your memories!
- An English country garden wedding at Westonbirt House, with Robert Leons Photography
- An effortlessly elegant, brilliant family focused wedding in London with Colin Clay Photography
- A modern twist on a classic love story: Cinderella style for your wedding, with Something Blue
- A rustic Avoncroft Museum wedding, handcrafted with love and thought. Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- How to style a stately home wedding, at Waddesdon Manor
- Jade and Lawrence’s pretty DIY wedding at Hedingham Castle, with Sam & Louise Photography
- Join me for a modern calligraphy class in Manchester in June!
- Are exclusive features on wedding blogs killing our creativity?
- Creative and unusual florals with rustic bakes – my new favourite alternative spring wedding look!
- Nicola & Adam’s romantic Fanham’s Hall Hotel wedding, with Richard Pickavance
- Hannah and Mark’s vintage wedding at Ardington House, with Lesley Pattinson Photography
- The two best moments of your wedding day?
- Luxury chocolate truffle wedding favours from The Pavilion at Lane End, Buckinghamshire
- An elegant Lowry theatre wedding film
- An English country garden wedding in Henley on Thames, with Hannah McClune Photography
Category Archives: autumn weddings
I love a creative bride and groom, I really really do! Jenny and Louie are the best of blog stars today with a fabulously creative wedding from Ufton Court Barn.
Jenny’s dress is by Chanticleer, and it’s beautiful. She’s a stunning bride and Louie’s her equally gorgeous other half. Don’t you just adore that flower crown?
The portraits from their day are some of my favourites: Ufton Court is a pretty special venue and one I’ve never featured before on the English Wedding Blog. I’m thrilled to be able to show you around it (virtually hehe) today!
Deciding not to have any particular theme, Louie and Jenny chose things they loved to add personality to their day: the Monopoly table plan is a highlight and the flowers are fabulous as well.
Images are by lovely Benjamin Stuart Photography. Benjamin is based in Berkshire and travels throughout the UK to photograph weddings. Check him out here:
Hey there lovelies! It’s on days like today I wish you were here with me, helping me choose the best of all the gorgeous images I’m sent for every real wedding feature. Because to be honest, today’s Fanhams Hall wedding is so beautiful I’m simply lost for where to begin!
Today’s stunning bride Nicola wears a Galina Signature gown from David’s Bridal. She looks incredible with a navy sash belt and crystal hair accessory – and oh, those flowers… nothing provides texture more than fabulous blue thistles and berries, while the roses add glamour and anemones complete the romantic bouquet. LOVE!
I can tell Nicola and Adam were inspired by wedding blogs and Pinterest: the chalkboards (and hours learning how to get the lettering just perfect!), anenomes and attention to detail are ideas I love to share on the English Wedding Blog so this blog-inspired wedding is more than perfect!
Images are by Richard Pickavance at London-based Pickavance Weddings. See more of Richard’s wedding photography and check him out here:
I love today’s wedding for its simple, understated elegance… that looks a million dollars and more. Davide and Emma were married in the beautiful Yorkshire countryside on a glorious sunny day and their wedding is more than perfect. Emma is the most graceful bride; Davide her perfect match. Their celebrations took place at their family home, under fabulous canvas… just look at the wonderful wedding teepees!!
Today’s is a wedding with timeless grace and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, all captured beautifully by Alex from My Love Story Photography. Lovely Alex is based in London and shoots weddings all around the UK and beyond – and he’s amazing. You can find out more here:
This is a wedding of the year, most definitely on my favourites list already! – so grab a sophisticated coffee and take your time scrolling through the images of Emma and Davide’s day. You’ll love this…
Morning everyone! I have a fabulous wedding for you this morning – but first, quickly, any suppliers who’d like a May advertising spot please do email me! I have a couple more spaces to fill for next month and I’m looking for applications today
I loved the rich, vibrant colours of Katie and Damian’s Lancashire wedding as soon as I saw them – the rustic styling is beautifully done, and all of the DIY elements of today’s wedding are bound to inspire some of you!
Gorgeous bride Katie has shared some lovely tips on budgeting, crafting and planning their wedding day, and her advice is wonderful: “Stay true to you and your husband-to-be’s wishes as other people will certainly have their input in the matter but you have to do what you want as it’s your day. Savour every second as it truly does fly by and set a limit of meeting and greeting.”
I love a wedding with a sense of humour, and Louise and Steve mix giggles (Cagney & Lacey?!) with gorgeousness (Louise & Steve!) beautifully. Their vintage emergency services wedding in Kent has the best transport I’ve seen yet: a 1960s police car and vintage red ambulance – the perfect way for a policeman and his paramedic bride to travel in style to their wedding!
There’s so much from today’s wedding I think is amazing… The handfasting ceremony (and that Louise and Steve kept the besom on display in their home for good luck); the lovely flowers, Louise’s sign for her Dad as they approached the aisle… and everything from the wonderful moments to the tiniest details was captured beautifully by Sarah Wayte Photography.
Louise told me they planned their budget carefully with a spreadsheet, and it paid off: “It was so satisfying paying the last supplier, we felt we could sit back and finally wait for the big day to arrive.” Together with their daughter Imogene they collected and crafted all of the lovely little details to pull together their wedding style, and the end result is just lovely!
A fabulous snippet of advice from today’s couple: “We did as much as we could ourselves and kept things as simple as possible so that we could spend more on the things we knew we would be able to keep forever.”… and one of the best tips I’ve heard in my years as a wedding blogger. Nina and Alex are officially awesome! Oh, and they’re a beautiful couple too…
Once again The Wedding Shop in Colchester gets a great review on the blog – and when you see how amazing Nina looks it’s obvious why! (I love reading great things about wedding suppliers, it makes me so happy for our little industry!) She accessorised with her Grandmother’s pearls wrapped around her wrist, and champagne satin peep toe shoes by Karen Millen… and she looks so elegant and beautiful.
Another fantastic idea for other couples is Alex’s speech: he didn’t want to stand up and make a speech (and I’m totally in agreement that you shouldn’t do anything you won’t look forward to on the day!) so he made a video which went down a storm with guests… and meant he could relax and enjoy it too.