- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan on
- Sarah and Aaron’s relaxed and informal Consall Hall wedding, with Ragdoll Photography on
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Lovely news for Cornwall & South West England weddings… your new, unique, pop up wedding venue!
- Joe and Charlotte’s very English wedding at spectacular Harlaxton Manor, with Kev Elkins Photography
- Striking gold and black handwritten wedding calligraphy ideas for an intimate woodland celebration
- Alexandra & Chris’s peony-filled May wedding in Leeds, with Laura Calderwood Photography
- Daisies in her hair… wedding style inspiration for a late spring bride
- Alex and Kate’s beautiful summer wedding at Denbies Wine Estate, with Carl Glancey Photography
- What to expect from your first wedding dress appointment
- Victoria & David’s gorgeous summer sailing club wedding, with Neil Walker Photography
- Brighten your beautiful eyes with this loveliness! It’s British Flowers Week…
- Gemma and Mike’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory wedding at Great Hallingbury Manor with Just Hitched Photography
- A gorgeous, classic pink rose wedding inspiration shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Ally & Dan’s amazing vintage wedding at Brunswick House, with London wedding photographer Kristian Leven
- Contemporary and whimsical wedding stationery from Project Pretty near Chester
- Chrissi and Tom’s beautiful Corfe Castle wedding, with Linus Moran Photography
- Jess and Ben’s vibrant summer wedding in Suffolk, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Thank you.
- Steve and Emma’s Deer Park wedding in Devon, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Kris and Laura’s gorgeous harvest festival wedding, with One Love Pictures
- New sponsor welcome! Wedding bands, musicians and more from Entertainment Nation
- Nicola & Peter’s relaxed country wedding in Somerset, with Martin Dabek Photography
- Tracey and Garry’s afternoon tea party wedding, with Just Hitched Photography
- For DIY brides & grooms: printable wedding stationery by Connie & Joan
- John and Lucy’s Scottish / English / Italian wedding in Cambridge, with Benni Carol Wedding Photography
- Madeleine & George’s elegant winter wedding at St Audries Park, with Life in Focus Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Peak District wedding photographer John Mottershaw Photography
- How To Choose a Band To Fit Your Wedding Theme
- Dale and Charmaine’s laughter-filled wedding at Crockwell Farm, with Liam Smith Photography
- Jess and Rich’s cool London wedding with photography by Paul Rogers
- Beautiful contemporary wedding stationery by Lynda Loves
- Damien and James’s black tie wedding at Castle Howard, with Ally Byrom Photography
Category Archives: autumn weddings
Emerald is my birthstone, and green has always been my favourite colour – as a nature lover I adore weddings with tons of green foliage and styling touches. Emma and Steve chose shades of green to style their day at the fabulous Deer Park Country House Hotel in Honiton, Devon. Their wedding is simple, elegant and understated – and the bride and groom are gorgeous.
Contact & Bookings: Jennifer Jane Photography
Emma and Steve chose September for their wedding and were blessed with glorious blue skies and sunshine – just perfect for the Deer Park Country House Hotel, which boasts over 80 acres of wild flower meadows, woodland walks and manicured lawns for you and your guests to explore.
The colour scheme for the day was simple: green and white / ivory with thoughtful little touches dotted around the venue. Bouquets are traditional, with white roses the statement flower of the day. I really hope you love this wedding – it’s everything a wedding should be, and that all comes down to the beautiful bride and groom, and those wonderful smiles which last all day long.
People ask me what I look for from a wedding submission for the blog…and this shot of a Laura’s bouquet is exactly the kind of image I LOVE… it sets the scene for one of the loveliest weddings I’ve seen all year. Bride Laura is gorgeous, Kris is ever so handsome, and the images capture the spirit of the day from the ceremony through to the dancing at the end of the night – and with so many glorious details in between. I’m thrilled to feature Kris and Laura’s wedding on the English Wedding Blog
“We hadn’t really gone for a theme, we just wanted something quite informal (hence the non matching bridesmaid dresses). When I got my dress we worked the style and materials around that. Kris’s waistcoat had been worn by his step-dad at his wedding to Kris’s mum so we were thrilled to be offered that, and that helped set the colour scheme, and we live a very rural life in Wiltshire so it was natural to go for a sort of harvest festival feel with the wheat ears.
It’s gorgeous Jess and Rich’s eclectic style which makes this London wedding so deliciously different and captivating. Their theme emerged as a heady mixture of romantic, prohibition, art deco and industrial… and their wedding is one of my favourite blog posts of the year already! With flowers by Rebel Rebel, a Charlie Brear gown and photos by Paul Rogers, you’ll LOVE Jess and Rich’s wedding style!
As amazing as this wedding looks, it’s inspiring to discover nearly everything was home made. Jess told me the crafting was “a labour of love but totally worth it!” There are some gorgeous home made touches: the wedding cake, table flowers, invitations, programs, table plan, table name cards, menus, cocktail menus, and even bathroom signs! “Trinity Buoy Wharf was a total blank canvas! We spent a full day on Friday the day before decorating it with props, flowers, setting up tables etc.” Jess’s sister made their fabulous naked cake – “it fitted the relaxed style of the wedding and looked fantastic!”
Today’s wedding is sublime. It’s timeless, sophisticated, and fuses contemporary styling with inspired nods to history and old English grandeur. Look closely for the tap shoes, admire the fabulous stationery (by my friends at Noble Fine Art), and join me in falling head over heels for this stunning Castle Howard wedding.
“Castle Howard has the most beautiful exterior and interior. We had candelabras up the grand staircase and candelabras along the three long tables in the Long Gallery, not very often done at Castle Howard (where there are usually round tables).
For the evening party downstairs in the Grecian Hall we wanted a big contrast, which meant we had multi colours running up the pillars and large 5 Foot J&D, LOVE and MR & MR lights which made the rooms look incredible!”
Images are by Yorkshire-based wedding photographer Ally Byrom. Discover more from this wonderfully talented lady here:
What can I say about these lovely two?… they’re gorgeous. Their wedding is just as gorgeous. The spirit of their day is fun and full of character – and there are so many fabulous little touches I know will inspire you. Chloe & James – we love your wedding!
We had a cake made by James’s mum and all the flowers were also handmade from sugar paste. My sister made the confetti from dried rose petals and we used the handmade bunting she had for her wedding 4 years earlier. My mum made the place scrolls and handwrote each guests name and menu choices. My parents also made the table plan display from old book covers. It really made it such a special day having people contribute.
Images are by Bristol & Somerset wedding photographer Howell Jones Photography:
Alex and Andrew’s nature-inspired Wynyard Hall wedding with a touch of Aussie – with David West Photography
There are too many things to love about Alex and Andrew’s wedding: the bride herself is stunning, her groom equally as gorgeous 🙂 The modern calligraphy lettering on their fabulous letterpress stationery is a winner for me instantly; the flowers are divine, and the styling of the day comes together so beautifully to create a fabulous English wedding.
The flowers are spectacular: “Adam Prest was our florist for the day, Katie and I met Adam a few weeks before the wedding and the whole experience was magical! Adam really has the gift of creating exactly what you have in mind with little direction. I wanted a woodland feel with pops of natural colour, Adam certainly exceeded our expectations.”
All images are by David West Photography, based in the north east. Discover more from David here: