- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography on
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms on
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…firstname.lastname@example.org 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Gemma and Alistair’s gorgeous outdoor wedding at Millbridge Court, with Benjamin Toms Photography
- Sam and Ana’s beautiful Hazlewood Castle wildflower wedding, by Ian Wallace Photography
- New sponsor welcome! York Place Studios (photographers for Yorkshire, UK & the world)
- Rob & Michele’s super sophisticated One Great George Street wedding with Arusha’s Images Photography
- Nadia & Andreas’s beautiful Hatfield House wedding, with Kristian Leven Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Wedding entertainment from Entertaina.com
- 11 charmingly quirky wedding invitation ideas for boho brides and grooms
- Monique & Adam’s boutique wedding at Hotel du Vin, with Laura Calderwood Photography
- Wedding venue of the week: Oaks Farm, Surrey
- Wedding calligraphy inspiration for summer 2016 and beyond – with Calligraphy for Weddings
- Make your own gorgeous silk flower boutonnières: a DIY project with Pumpkin & Pye
- New sponsor welcome! Ayshea Goldberg Photography, Essex
- Spring bridal and bridesmaid style ideas at Alton House, Hampshire with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- The magic of a spring wedding, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Emily & Ash’s elegant, low-key wedding at Northbrook Park, with The Springles
- Thank you…
- Becky and Tim’s elegant wedding at the RAC Woodcote Park, with Murray Clarke Photography
- Get the look! Soft and feminine summer wedding with lavender accents
- Caroline & David’s gloriously colourful wedding with Lissa Alexandra Photography
- Kim & Josh’s classic English Great Tythe Barn wedding with Kevin Belson Photography
- 15 wonderfully unique and affordable wedding invitations
- New dates for 2016! Join me for a modern calligraphy workshop in Manchester
- Lucinda & Alex’s traditional English wedding at Ellenborough Park, with Oobaloos Photography
- A shout out for contributors to the English Wedding Blog
- Bryony and Richard’s stunning wedding at Hassop Hall, with John Mottershaw Photography
- Why standard wedding invitation wordings needn’t be your only option
- Tammy & Andy’s London Zoo & Banksy Beer Garden wedding, with Neil Walker Photography
- Silk flower wedding DIY project: create a beautiful hanging vase backdrop, with Pumpkin & Pye
- Enchanting emerald wedding stationery and style ideas
- Victoria and Haydn’s stunning Oaks Farm wedding, with Fiona Kelly Photography
Category Archives: autumn weddings
Words aren’t really enough sometimes… today’s wedding is more beautiful than any dictionary could ever define: a glorious celebration in fabulous style. Bryony and Richard were married at Hassop Hall in the autumn, and their day is breathtaking.
Images are by Sheffield wedding photographer John Mottershaw, who told me this wedding is one he’ll remember for its colours: “Autumn colours in beautiful sunshine combined with the slightly unusual colours of their outfits (Bryony made her own dress) all worked together to make this wedding a visual treat. A good looking, fun couple, Bryony and Richard were great to work with.”
Discover more from John Mottershaw Photography here:
My family is from Derbyshire and so I know the wonderful contours of the Peak District rather well… and it’s one of the loveliest parts of England to be married: the mountains and moorlands are an incredible place to explore. Bryony and Richard were married at Hathersage Church and held their reception at Hassop Hall – one of my favourite Derbyshire wedding venues.
Yesterday we featured Verity and Tom’s intimate Chester wedding ceremony… so today I’m thrilled to be sharing the fabulous images from their wedding reception at Nunsmere Hall. The flowers are divine, Verity and her bridesmaids are beautiful and the guys look awesome too! They had a lovely blessing at a church in Tarporley, and then went onto the gorgeous Nunsmere Hall.
Wedding photographer Lucy (Clara Cooper Photography) told me, “This was one of the best weddings I shot this year, the people were wonderful, Verity & Tom were so in love, and they really did go ALL out, the flowers (just WOW), the table settings, even the absolutely stunning gifts, all engraved with a birch leaf, (Verity’s second name), the day was filled with personal touches which made it so special. The sun shone all day long, they had a live musician who was AMAZING and he played every instrument you can imagine. There were beautiful family portraits, champagne in the gardens, and a stunning wedding breakfast. Following this they partied hard into the night.”
Victoria and Stefano’s wedding is gorgeous: their style is city chic; they married in Manchester and made their day personal by enlisting friends and family to help – but they didn’t stress about details and focused more on creating an amazing party atmosphere. As Victoria says, “Don’t get carried away paying a fortune for tiny details which may look pretty but go unnoticed! Invest your money in the things that people will remember – the food, drinks and dancing!”
Photographer James Tracey told me a little about the day. “I loved shooting Vicky and Stefano’s brilliant, relaxed wedding. What stands out for me as the photographer was that the wedding featured guests and family from all over the world (with Stefano’s family coming over from Italy), yet everyone partied and celebrated together! It was a so much fun from Jager bombs during the bridal preparation, to the hilarious marriage service followed by a brilliant reception all the way through to the night time party with the incredible Brass Funkeys performing live and making the dancefloor literally bounce! A truly awesome wedding.”
Ben and Nancy’s Devon wedding has some of those breathtaking images you’ll only ever see at country weddings. Their church is fabulous – I’d so love to see it for real! I adore the landscapes, the bride and groom are gorgeous and Nancy’s bouquet is out of this world. I also spotted some little feather details on the tables, which look wonderful – this is a really gorgeous wedding and I am so excited to share it with you all today.
Anna from Luna Photography told me, “The day was memorable for us because Ben & Nancy were so much fun to work with, and we loved the guests’ reaction to the church! The venues were dreamlike, Brentor Church has always been somewhere we wanted to shoot a wedding, when Nancy initially got in touch we couldn’t have been more excited! Twinned with Coombe Trenchard it was absolutely perfect, you can even see Brentor high on the hill from the gardens at Coombe Trenchard which was perfect. We loved the reception venue as there was so much scope for beautiful venues, and the owner, Sarah, could not have been more accommodating.”
Katie and Sam’s November wedding is traditional, elegant and still has the loveliest home made touches: the gorgeous couple married at Sussex favourite Pangdean Barn. From Katie’s veil to the place settings, every detail came together perfectly – and I’m thrilled for lovely Katie and Sam (who I got to know in the run up to their big day) that it turned out so beautifully.
“I had the pleasure of working with Jane at Flowers & Daughters. She was fantastic as I only had a very vague idea of what I wanted, and being November, there were only a limited selection of flowers available. But she pulled out all of the stops and our flowers were brilliant. The colours worked so well with the venue as well as the bridesmaid’s dresses, and we had so many comments throughout the day on them. They were perfect.”
Lyndsey and Dan’s exceptionally personal wedding at Pendrell Hall, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
Sometimes the images of a day just speak for themselves… “We raced to the computer, watched the beautiful slideshow and spent the rest of the afternoon sobbing! Needless to say we were quite emotional about the whole thing. The next day we went through a vast quantity of tea whilst going back through them, and we’re still just as blown away.”
Contact and bookings: Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
Today’s is a wonderfully personal wedding, and I love it all the more for being so special to everyone there. “We wanted to enhance the homely feel with personal items and everyday objects from our home. Both our families are hugely important to us, which is something we really wanted to celebrate through our wedding day, so we surrounded ourselves with tons of family photos in every room.”