- An English tea party wedding in Derbyshire on
- Chris and Rob’s sophisticated 1920s inspired wedding in Windsor, with Nick Rose Photography on
- Modern calligraphy wedding table plan project – get your craft on! on
- A beautiful homemade wedding in Hertfordshire, with Nicola Casey Photography on
- Sam and Bryony’s beautiful English wedding in Somerset, with John Barwood Photography on
- Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- An insanely beautiful rustic English spring wedding, with Three Flowers Photography
- Introducing a new British bridal collection: Alie Street Bridal
- Kelly and Joe’s DIY festival wedding in Devon, with Evolve Photography
- Channel your inner princess – a Cinderella bridal ideas shoot with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Make your own watercolour wedding place settings
- Modern calligraphy workshops in Manchester… would you like to come?
- A sophisticated and timeless wedding at Thornton Manor in Cheshire, with Chris Hanley Photography
- Hayley and Alex’s beautiful barn wedding with peach and gold accents – with Alexandra Jane Photography
- Super creative, beautifully personalised laser cut wedding invitations – Lucy and Lukas at Dot Laser
- A super pretty springtime country wedding at South Farm, with Jude Middleton Photography
- A relaxed Tunnels Beaches wedding with a boho twist – Evolve Photography Devon
- When Auntie Muriel met the documentary wedding photographer
- Chris and Rob’s sophisticated 1920s inspired wedding in Windsor, with Nick Rose Photography
- Manchester modern calligraphy workshop #2 – August 21st
- Modern calligraphy wedding table plan project – get your craft on!
- A beautiful homemade wedding in Hertfordshire, with Nicola Casey Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Jennifer Sinclair Photography, Hampshire
- Trust your wedding photographer – don’t stifle their creativity
- How to love your wedding car! With The Little Vintage Car Co. and Dottie Photography
- New sponsor welcome! Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photography
- Rebecca and Brian’s surprise country wedding at Thrumpton Hall, with Cris Lowis Photography
- Your first dance shuffle or routine… remember it’s all about the LOVE!! With 20 stunning first dance images from 20Collective
- New sponsor welcome! Summer Lily Studio
- Our super colourful spring wedding at Snape Maltings, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- A classic English Wedding blog from Buxted Park with Dennison Studios
- Vintage inspired boho wedding dresses – fall in love with Minna!
- Laura and Olly’s rustic Devon wedding at The Old Rectory, with Joseph Hall Photography
- A pretty English country garden wedding from The Pavilion at Lane End, with Heni Fourie Photography
- Sam and Bryony’s beautiful English wedding in Somerset, with John Barwood Photography
- A wedding photographer’s tips for getting amazing couple portraits
Category Archives: autumn weddings
Sam and Bryony’s Somerset wedding is divine: beautifully but simply and tastefully styled so it will always look timeless and magical. There are secrets to the styling and design which reading the English Wedding Blog interview will help to answer: Bryony shares her best tips on finding suppliers, budgeting and enjoying every second of your day. She’s fabulous…
I love how Bryony talks about “a feeling all day long that you wish you could put in a bottle and keep“! I can only imagine how amazing this day was… and I can tell from the images that every second was cherished. Truly a day to remember forever!
Bryony looks stunning in her Suzanne Neville dress, which she accessorised prettily with handmade earrings and a diamond bracelet. Sam totally looks the part in Austin Reed tails and a shirt from TM Lewin – aren’t they just the most gorgeous couple?
Images are by brand new English Wedding Blog contributor and wonderfully talented Bristol wedding photographer John Barwood. You can find out more about him and see more weddings here:
Every wedding is different: the details make a day different and so do the memories… and every bride and groom have something amazing to offer a wedding blogger like me. Today’s stunning bride Kirsty surprised me with this: “At the end of the night when everybody had left we sat on the head table with a bottle of bubbles for an hour just chatting about the day. We could still feel the buzz from the room from the day which was really quite incredible, it was a really special moment for us.”
How many of you can imagine doing this after your big day? What a wonderful memory… and for this beautiful bride and gorgeous groom it’s one of so many special moments to treasure.
Kirsty and Rod had a lovely rustic wedding at Winters Barns near Canterbury, captured on camera by photographer Nick at Parkershots. Do take a few minutes to discover Parkershots for yourself…
There’s a wonderful story behind every wedding, and you really mustn’t miss today’s! Samantha and Jamie are not only gorgeous – like, ridiculously stunning, the pair of them! – but they have shared some lovely pearls of wisdom in their English Wedding Blog interview. What a super couple… you’ll love them!
For example, Samantha did an hour of yoga on the morning of her wedding. What a wonderful way to relax! Every guest had a personal, handwritten message on the day, and there were no expensive wedding favours. The advice from today’s bride is priceless: “Spend on the memorable and impactful elements and cut back on those that seem important during the planning stages but on the day are quickly forgotten.”
Images are by documentary wedding photographer Steve Fuller, who is based in Kent. Steve told me Eridge Park was a wonderful wedding venue with breathtaking views of the Kent countryside – it’s a private home with space for a garden marquee which meant Samantha and Jamie had the perfect blank canvas to style their day as well as incredible grounds and landscapes to enjoy!
Jacqui’s gorgeous smile had me hooked on today’s real wedding from the very first moment I saw her. Wow. A beautiful bride and gorgeous groom who totally prove that a wedding is all about people: friends, family and being loved!
The details are there to inspire you of course: the fabulous bouquets by Etsy sellers including my favourite, Pumpkin & Pye; the wonderful cake display created by a friend; Jacqui’s stunning Monsoon wedding dress and the delicious styling of Gate Street Barn. You’ll love this!
Images are by my new friend Paul at Stylish Wedding Photography. I do hope to be able to share more of Paul’s weddings with you on the English Wedding Blog but in the meantime you should check him out here:
The English Wedding Blog interview: Steve and Jacqui
Wedding photographer’s website:
Were you pleased with your wedding photographer?
Gate Street Barn, Bramley, Surrey
15th November 2014
I love a creative bride and groom, I really really do! Jenny and Louie are the best of blog stars today with a fabulously creative wedding from Ufton Court Barn.
Jenny’s dress is by Chanticleer, and it’s beautiful. She’s a stunning bride and Louie’s her equally gorgeous other half. Don’t you just adore that flower crown?
The portraits from their day are some of my favourites: Ufton Court is a pretty special venue and one I’ve never featured before on the English Wedding Blog. I’m thrilled to be able to show you around it (virtually hehe) today!
Deciding not to have any particular theme, Louie and Jenny chose things they loved to add personality to their day: the Monopoly table plan is a highlight and the flowers are fabulous as well.
Images are by lovely Benjamin Stuart Photography. Benjamin is based in Berkshire and travels throughout the UK to photograph weddings. Check him out here:
Hey there lovelies! It’s on days like today I wish you were here with me, helping me choose the best of all the gorgeous images I’m sent for every real wedding feature. Because to be honest, today’s Fanhams Hall wedding is so beautiful I’m simply lost for where to begin!
Today’s stunning bride Nicola wears a Galina Signature gown from David’s Bridal. She looks incredible with a navy sash belt and crystal hair accessory – and oh, those flowers… nothing provides texture more than fabulous blue thistles and berries, while the roses add glamour and anemones complete the romantic bouquet. LOVE!
I can tell Nicola and Adam were inspired by wedding blogs and Pinterest: the chalkboards (and hours learning how to get the lettering just perfect!), anenomes and attention to detail are ideas I love to share on the English Wedding Blog so this blog-inspired wedding is more than perfect!
Images are by Richard Pickavance at London-based Pickavance Weddings. See more of Richard’s wedding photography and check him out here: