It’s nice to have a little shake up in the world of wedding blogging once in a while… and if you haven’t already read “Dear Weding Bloggers, You Suck” on Hindsight Bride, you will find it a great read.
In a nutshell, Christie posted an open letter from a wedding photographer about the state of wedding blogs and our negative influence on brides. Ouch! But there were some very interesting points:
- only elaborate, unusual weddings are ever on blogs
- it shouldn’t be all about the details
- we only publish pretty weddings and pretty brides
- brides and grooms feel pressured by the images on blogs
- wedding blogs are starting to look very samey
- we’re not giving photographers a chance
I posted a long comment on the blog post*, and thought as I was writing it might be worth repeating here**. I’d love to hear your thoughts too.
My views on the state of wedding blogs, as shared on Hindsight Bride
Jesus – ok where do I start with this one?!