- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios on
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome) on
- A wonderfully vibrant, artistic, creative colour palette for a gorgeous bridal shoot at Hoghton Tower, with Emma Billsborough Photography on
- One venue; two bridal styles – a Froyle Park wedding inspiration feature with Jennifer Sinclair Photography on
- Leah & Brian’s beautifully homemade St Austell wedding, with Freckle Photography on
Hello! I'm Claire and I write the English wedding blog - an independent blog for brides and grooms.
The English Wedding Blog is all about creativity: my dream is to curate an online space for couples to get inspired by real weddings, shoots and the latest in wedding design - with a real focus on English and UK weddings and suppliers.
I'm also known for writing calligraphy - for my work with Kirstie Allsopp and because I've worked with hundreds of brides and grooms. Beautiful writing is my passion and I'm happiest with a pen in my hand and ink on my face!
I live on the edge of the English Lake District, a couple of minutes from the seaside. I've lived in France and Italy, I ride a Vespa, I'm a cat person and I love dirty guitar bands, walking in the mountains, and my beach.
Get to know me a little more on facebook | see what inspires me on Pinterest | or follow me on twitter
Contact Claire…email@example.com 07722 405 537
English Wedding Blog
7 Parklands Drive
- Autumn wedding style inspiration, with Shelby Ellis Photography
- Jo & Ed’s relaxed country farm wedding in Lincolnshire, with Avenue White Photography
- A wonderfully romantic summer wedding at Northbrook Park, with Liam Smith Photography
- Tim and Rosie’s Parliamentary Affair! with Bunny Delicious
- Anna & Stuart’s gorgeous Norwich Assembly House wedding, with Boo Marshall Photography
- A Midsummer night’s dreamcatcher wedding: style inspiration with Boho Lane Photography
- Vicki and Paul’s stunning New Year’s Eve wedding at Barmbyfield Barn, with York Place Studios
- Launcells Barton – a beautiful wedding venue in the Cornish countryside (new sponsor welcome)
- Claire and Nico’s homemade Mill House wedding, with Jennifer Sinclair Photography
- Rachel & Robbie’s rustic fairytale wedding in Cumbria, with Jessica O’Shaughnessy Photography
- Learn modern calligraphy at my October workshop in Manchester!
- Melanie & Kevin’s relaxed and pretty humanist wedding at Nailcote Hall, with Lumiere Photography
- Mike and Anna’s fresh, summery wedding at Harewood House, with Ally Byrom Photography
- Emma & Sean’s wonderfully rustic farmhouse wedding with Hannah Hall Photography
- Lydia and Rob’s elegant English Wedding at Gaynes Park, with Ayshea Goldberg Photography
- Janina & Steve’s romantic wedding in historic Oxford, with Carol Elizabeth Photography
- Filly and Jim’s gorgeous summer wedding in Exton, with Jennifer Jane Photography
- Dreams of a beautiful Venice elopement, with Jenny Heyworth Photography
- Sarah & Alex’s pretty spring wedding in Cheltenham, with Kate Waters Photography
- Becky and Tim’s gorgeously flower-filled summer wedding, with Gemma Giorgio Photography
- Genna & Sean’s English chic country wedding in Devon, with Evolve Photography
- Nick & Lucy’s classic English summer wedding at Woldingham School, with Greg Coltman Photography
- Katherine and Scott’s timeless English wedding at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire, with John Mottershaw Photography
- Stunning coastal wedding style inspiration with Andrea Kuehnis Photography in Cornwall
- Beautiful blush styling ideas for a rustic wedding, with Jenny Heyworth Photography at Aspire
- Emma and James’s relaxed English wedding at Avoncroft’s Guesten Hall, with Rob & Sarah Gillespie Photographers
- The horse inside the hall – bridal inspiration shoot with Jo Hansford Photography at Crowcombe Court
- New wedding cake designs from Harrods’ favourite – Rosalind Miller Cakes
- The delightful drama of cycling to your wedding…
- Suzanne and Glenn’s gorgeous English wedding party with an Italian twist, by Amanda Karen Photography
Tag Archives: Cheshire wedding
Katherine and Scott’s timeless English wedding at Shrigley Hall in Cheshire, with John Mottershaw Photography
Today’s wedding is beautifully simple, classic and elegant. Katherine and Scott make such a charming couple – their style is honest and timeless, and their wedding uses flowers to create a really romantic and summery atmosphere.
The images are stunning: they’re by Peak District wedding photographer John Mottershaw, who shares a glowing review from the happy couple (at the end of the feature). Discover more from lovely John here:
John Mottershaw Photography: Contact & bookings
Katherine and Scott have been together for many years. They really were meant to be! That just shone out throughout the day. Such a lovely couple and family to work with.
As a photographer I adore beautiful light and the sunlight on that day in early June was possibly the most gorgeous I’ve ever seen. The colours and the sunshine were sublime, particularly in the morning, and it really was the perfect day for a wedding and for a wedding photographer.
Hello lovelies! I hope you’re having a nice week – anything exciting planned for the weekend, anyone? I’m feeling ever so loved-up this morning as Jayne and Steven’s English Wedding Blog report is just wonderful. So rather than me wittering on, I’m going to share a quote from today’s beautiful bride Jayne to introduce today’s real wedding on the blog:
“Enjoy every minute of your wedding day. Because once you get to that point, none of the planning etc. matters, just the day when you get married to your best friend and sharing it with those nearest and dearest to you. Remember the feeling of the whole day, the nerves, the joy, the laughter. Hold on to the moments when it is just the two of you, but also soak up the feeling of being surrounded by all the people you love the most in the same room there to celebrate your love. It’s pretty darn amazing – you won’t remember everything, it will fly by and you will want to relive it over and over – but that is what the photos and videos are for. Life will return to a form of normality afterwards, but if you hold on to that feeling, it will forever make you smile.”
Morning everyone, and Happy Friday! I’ve been saving today’s gorgeous Cheshire wedding blog for this morning – it seems to fit with that whole Friday feeling thing. There’s sunshine and romance, and a stunning bride and groom – in fact wedding blog subscribers will recognise Karen and Simon from their wedding highlights film which I was so proud to feature back in January (see an autumn wedding in Cheshire).
I love this quote from the happy couple:
“Try to leave yourselves as much time as possible between all the day’s activities to spend with family and friends, after the day those will be the moments you cherish the most.“
Karen wears a fabulous dress by Sassi Holford and the day has a purple theme because it’s the ribbon colour for pancreaticcancer.org.uk – a cause very close to the hearts of the bride and groom. This is all explained in the wedding report which Karen and Simon have shared with us today, and you’ll see some really beautiful images from Cheshire wedding photographer Martin Hambleton – with unexpected and wonderful moments captured as well as some magical portraits. I know you’ll love this! Grab a Crunchie (after all, as Wendy always tells me, we should celebrate Fridays in style!!)
Hi again! I can’t believe it’s Tuesday morning already! Did I sleep through Monday (or was I working too hard… hmmm…) Anyway, I hope you’re having a lovely day. I have all the gorgeous images from Zoe and Mark’s wedding at Styal Lodge to share with you this morning.
Before we begin – did you see yesterday’s competition to win your wedding photography? Don’t miss that one! It’s a fantastic prize and the competition’s open to couples anywhere in the UK.
But now for today’s main feature with Zoe and Mark. You’ll have seen their wedding film on the blog yesterday, along with a few of my favourite images… now we have the full wedding report from Zoe and images from the lovely Jonny Draper Photography to share with you. For anyone who missed the wedding film, I’ve shared it once again at the end of the blog post – with thanks to Craig from Unforgettable Memories for sharing it with us!
A beautiful Cheshire wedding: Zoe and Mark
Anyone fancy a touch of sunshine this morning? Me too… so in glorious technicolour I bring you this beautiful wedding film from Marry Me Films today. Karen and Simon were married at Cheshire’s Arley Hall in the autumn… cue gorgeous colours and one of those wonderfully crisp autumnal days – perfect for guests to play boules and croquet on the lawn.
Karen wore a beautiful Sassi Holford cap-sleeved wedding dress, and is such an incredibly beautiful bride – both she and Simon look fabulous! One of the loveliest touches from this Cheshire wedding is the Vicar, who married Karen’s parents years before. They were his first wedding ceremony, and he came back especially to marry Karen and Simon – which is such a wonderful story.
There’s much more for you to read about the wedding on Marry Me Films’ Love Heart Blog (thanks Sara – what an amazing story to share) so do pop over there for a look when you’ve watched Karen and Simon’s wedding film here. I hope you love it! Claire xxx
Hi there! Another real wedding for you to enjoy this morning – and I’m going to jump straight in as Kelly and Ian’s big day needs no introduction. The images of their day are beautiful, and Kelly’s shared a fantastic wedding report which you’ll see towards the end of the blog post (it’s about three-quarters of the way down the page).
It warms my heart to read about Kelly’s favourite wedding day moments. After talking about the incredible effort her dad made to prepare an amazing speech, she says,
“I loved watching all of our friends and family enjoying themselves. You really can’t put a price on creating those memories.“
The gorgeous wedding photographs are all by Yorkshire wedding photographer Mark Tierney, of Tierney Photography. Please leave a comment at the end of the blog post if you can – I’d love to hear from you and I know Kelly and Ian will too! Enjoy. Claire xxx