There are few wedding venues so unique, characterful and charming as Launcells Barton. I’ve refused offers of blog sponsorship from the likes of One Marylebone in London simply because they don’t have that special, intimate atmosphere I fall in love with. The venues I fall head over heels for are those where you’ll instantly feel at home, welcomed and encouraged to create a wedding which reflects your personalities and charms the socks off your guests.
Launcells Barton is one of those very special places which has made it onto the English Wedding Blog’s recommended supplier list. I found a lovely article about the venue which I wanted to share with you today – so grab a cuppa, and come and join me in exploring this wonderful wedding venue in Cornwall.
6 reasons to fall in love with Launcells Barton, Cornwall’s new favourite wedding venue
1. You’ll be marrying in a family-owned, Grade II listed English country house. The same family have owned the house for more than 70 years, restoring it with the care and affection such a beautiful place deserves – and they’ll welcome you and your guests into their unique and magnificent home.
2. Launcells Barton is steeped in history – the very walls tell a story, as the manor itself is made of two halves with varying architectural details. The monks’ chapel used to be where your bridal suite is today, and dates back to the reign of Henry VIII! The house dates back to the 14th century while the Mill Barn dates from the 19th century and has been lovingly renovated with exposed beams and fabulous French doors looking out over the Cornish countryside. There is also a purpose built barn for weddings, so you can invite more guests to celebrate with you!
3. A home from home, Launcells Barton is yours for your closest friends or family. There is room for ten guests to stay here with you and even enjoy a hamper filled with handpicked local treats from the venue owners. Of course, you’ll have the beautiful bridal suite to yourselves!
4. The gardens and local area are beautiful. The large walled garden and courtyard at Launcells Barton are the perfect backdrop for your photographs, and an enchanting setting for your guests to mingle and enjoy drinks and canapes on a summer’s day.
5. Outdoor weddings, intimate ceremonies… choose where you’d like to say ‘I do’ at this beautiful wedding venue. So many venues restrict where you can say your vows, but at Launcells Barton you have a choice of beautiful settings. The top of the steps outside the house is one. Then there’s the wonderful sitting room for intimate weddings – my favourite! For larger weddings or winter days, you can have your ceremony in the Mill Barn – and in the height of summer the walled garden and courtyard are just perfect for an outdoor ceremony.
6. Exclusive use – of course a venue this special will be yours and only yours for the duration of your stay. Hold your wedding weekend at Launcells Barton and the place really is going to become the most amazing home from home for you and for your guests while you’re there.
What’s not to fall in love with? To find out more visit