Copper is lovelier to me than any diamond could ever be. I love its warm shimmer; and my copper ink is the most exquisite thing in my calligraphy palette. So when I was asked to write some copper hand lettering for one of the most amazing styled shoots of the year, I was ridiculously excited.
Amanda Karen Photography – based in Essex and specialising in fine art wedding photography – and Nodlaigh from gorgeous new wedding blog Daydreaming Bride, came up with the idea of contrasting grey and copper tones with a city chic wedding style. They arranged a shoot at the fabulous Belair House and recruited an amazing team of the very best local suppliers.
I adore the contrast of soft metallic copper with the palest grey; the subtle softness of succulents and leafy fern fronds, the glamorous bridal look (and oh, those sequins make my heart sing!) The cake is divine: the accessories exquisite and the flowers to die for.
Huge thanks to the gorgeous girls at B.Loved for featuring the shoot earlier this year. If you missed it, here are my favourite images from the day. To ask about copper ink calligraphy or bespoke handwritten wedding stationery please email me at hello@Calligraphy-for-Weddings.com
- Photographer: Amanda Karen Photography
- Stylist: Nodlaigh from Daydreaming Bride
- Stationery: Calligraphy for weddings
- Dresses: Mode Bridal and Heart A Flutter Bridal Boutique
- Shoes/Accessories: Mode Bridal
- Accessories: Debbie Carlisle
- Groomswear: Marc Wallace
- Makeup and hair: AM Hair and Makeup (Ashni Makwana)
- Flowers: Ivy Pip & Rose
- Venue: Belair House
- Cake: The Looby Lou Cake Company
- Silk napkins, pewter vessels, glass bottles: Kate Cullen Styling
- Blush sequin tablecloth: 9ice events
- Glass opal charger plates: Jones Hire
9ice eventsAM Hair and MakeupAmanda Karen PhotographyBelair HouseBlovedcalligraphycalligraphy for weddingsDaydreaming BrideDebbie CarlisleHeart A FlutterIvy Pip and RoseJones HireKate Cullen StylingMarc WallaceMode BridalThe Looby Lou Cake Company