Morning lovelies! I have another gorgeous – and best of all, simple – wedding project for you to try today. Flowers can be as opulent or as simple as you wish, and this hanging floral wreath idea is fun to explore as well as super pretty!
What you need:
- Wire coat hanger
- Selection of flowers and greenery
- Floral tape
- Floral wire
- Washi tape (optional)
How it’s done:
1. First of all, shape your clothes hanger into a circle.
2. Group together small posies of flowers and leaves and tape them together with floral tape.
3. Starting at the top, tape a posy to the hanger.
4. Then continue with another posy, using the flowers and leaves to cover the stems of the last posy.
5. When you reach the half way point, start at the top again and work around the other side.
6. When you reach the middle you will probably need to cover any stems showing with some additional flowers. Use floral wire to attach these as it will be difficult to tape these on. Do this for any other gaps that you feel need filling.
7. You can then either leave the hook part of your hanger as it is, or wrap it in washi tape if you’d prefer to cover it.
If you would prefer to make a longer lasting wreath then use some good fake flowers. A real one will only last around 24 hours, so try and make it as close to your wedding as possible.
With thanks to the lovely folks at AO Life for sharing this tutorial with us. If you’re feeling mega crafty check out all of the other wedding craft projects we’ve featured this month: