Hello beautiful 🙂 If you’ve been following June’s little series of wedding craft projects I have another treat for you today. These gorgeous little boxes with just a dash of DIY will look fabulous on wedding tables: use them as favours if you’re super crafty or have lots of help, or make them up to give little gifts to your best girls on the day… the choice is yours!
Gold leaf gift boxes for your English wedding
What you need:
- Plain gift boxes
- Gold leaf sheets
- Gilding paste
- Washi tape
- Sprigs of flowers
How it’s done:
1. You can either leave the boxes plain or paint them in a colour of your choosing. Paint the lid and leave to dry.
2. Apply gilding paste in a diagonal on one half of the top of your lids. Leave this to dry for 15 minutes.
3. Now for the tricky part – handling the gold leaf! It’s delicate so be careful not to tear it. Lay a sheet across where your paste has been applied, and with your fingertip, lightly smooth it out.
4. Carefully trim the edges of the gold leaf around the lid.
5. Finally, add a small sprig of flowers using a piece of washi tape.
With thanks to the lovely folks at AO Life for sharing this tutorial with us. If you’re feeling mega crafty check out their DIY floral vase and my favourite wedding craft project, their lovely napkin rings too!