Who’s feeling crafty? I so wish I had more time to play with things like this… I love making bits and pieces and today’s feature is right up my street! The lovely girls at AO Life have kindly shared a series of tutorials with us and I hope you’re going to love them. Today’s is one of my favourites – we’re making swirly copper and pretty floral napkin rings perfect for a summer wedding.
I LOVE how the textures work together: the grey fabric is soft and rustic-looking; the wire is oh-so-on-trend for summer weddings and the flowers… they’re divine, BUT the beauty is you can use any flower you please.
This is an easy project and will look amazing on your wedding tables. The secret is to get the right materials: choose your napkins and flowers carefully, and remember the more you make the better they’ll look!
What you’ll need…
Copper wire (0.8mm), available from hardware stores
Rolling pin (about 4cm diameter)
Pair of jewellery pliers
How it’s done…
1. Using the pliers, cut some small branches with a blossom off the large branch.
2. Take your rolling pin and wrap some of the copper wire tightly around it with the ends overlapping by about 1.5cm. I would suggest wrapping the wire at least 5 times so that the ring isn’t too delicate.
3. Cut the ends off and wrap them around each other while the wire is still on the rolling pin.
4. Now slide the wire off, and wrap the ends around the ring to secure it.
5. Take one of the cut off flowers and secure with the remaining wire ends. Make sure the ends are facing upwards into the flower as you don’t want your napkins to be scratched.
6. If needed, give the ends a quick squeeze with the pliers to tighten the flowers to the ring.
Huge thanks to the lovely crafty team over on AO Life – where you’ll find plenty more DIY projects which would be just perfect for a Summer wedding! Whether you’re looking for ideas on how to dress up a venue or how to create your very own favours that your guests will love they’ve got something for everyone!