Hello lovely wedding blog readers, I hope you’re not working too hard today! I have the perfect feature to share with you this morning – something I was involved with a few weeks ago, where I had the pleasure of spending a day with wonderful people to create a really inspiring shoot. We created different bridal looks with our beautiful model Kelsey, and today I’m sharing the prettiest of them all, centred on a gorgeous pink peony bouquet by Kevin at Brackens of Bowness.
Kelsey shows just how easy it is to combine beautiful key pieces for a timeless and glamorous wedding style. She wears a dress by Sassi Holford, which came from the fabulous Julia Tasker Bridal Couture. The embroidered detail is so pretty, and goes beautifully with her elegant, smooth updo and natural make up. (Hair: Aqua Salon | Make up: Definitions)
All images are by my wonderful friend and inspiring wedding photographer Jamie at Vickerstaff Photography. Jamie is based in Cheshire and travels across the UK to photograph weddings… I hear he’s especially fond of the Lake District so if you’re getting married here do check him out!
Find out more about Vickerstaff Photography:
We had an ace team to style the backdrop for the bridal shoot: vintage ladders from Beautifully Vintage, along with the gorgeous little clay pots, books and doilies. Confetti cones in the prettiest of pastel colours were shared by Joanne from Vintage Twee, and together all of these details created the perfect vintage setting for our shoot.
The bouquet is the star of the show today – created by top Lake District florists Brackens of Bowness, the pink peonies look good enough to eat! Kelsey wore an open peony in her hair for the morning of the shoot, and it looked amazing. My top tip for bridal hair would be to wear a single statement flower. I adore this look!
We themed the day loosely around paper and mirrors, with Christa from Beautifully Vintage sharing her mirrors, ornaments and accessories to amazing effect. A handwritten calligraphy backdrop in palest pink completed the look – from Calligraphy-for-Weddings.com
The cake for this part of our shoot was one of my favourite themes for the day: painted with soft candy pastels and decorated with a rice paper rose, I just thought it was superb! Designer Caroline (Caroline’s Cake Company) created the perfect tiered cake for our theme – and every time I see it I love it a little more!
This shoot was on location at the adorable Broadoaks Country House, Troutbeck Bridge near Lake Windermere. A full list of suppliers is here:
- Jamie at Vickerstaff Photography (facebook: www.facebook.com/VickerstaffPhotographyCheshire)
- Julia Tasker Bridal Couture (facebook: www.facebook.com/JuliaTaskerBridalCouture)
- Sassi Holford (facebook: www.facebook.com/SassiHolfordBridal)
- Brackens of Bowness (facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Brackens-of-Bowness)
- Caroline’s Cake Company (facebook: www.facebook.com/CarolineCakeCompany)
- Beautifully Vintage China Hire (facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Beautifullyvintage-china-hire-vintage-accessories/261681570541562)
- Vintage Twee (facebook: www.facebook.com/vintagetwee)
- Calligraphy for Weddings (facebook: www.facebook.com/WeddingCalligrapher)
- Broadoaks Country House (facebook: www.facebook.com/Broadoaksboutiquecountryhouse)
- Aqua Hair and Beauty (facebook: www.facebook.com/AquaHairWindermere )
- Definitions Mobile Beauty (facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Definitions-Mobile-Beauty/106075792761107)
- Pumpkin and Pye (facebook: www.facebook.com/PumpkinandPye)