Hey everyone! Do you like the new look English Wedding Blog? I’m delighted with the new header image from lovely Joseph Hall Photography and pleased to have such a fresh and sunny look for the blog this week. I hope you love it too! I’m soooo busy in my little craft studio this morning getting ready for The Handmade Fair (are you coming?) – but quickly wanted to tell you about a feature I’ve had published by Hello Magazine in their brand new Wedding Hub.
My top 10 outdoor wedding style tips, in a nutshell:
- DIY a rustic backdrop and keep the theme going with table decor
- Mix tones and textures for a rustic look
- Create your own rustic DIY wedding tablescape
- Choose a bouquet which fits the rustic outdoor theme
- Your bridal look can be natural and ethereal but still glamorous
- Place settings are where your guests get a close-up so make them extra special!
- Be creative with stationery
- Add a decorative table runner in natural colours… and play with it too!
- Decorate chair backs in a rustic style
- Go for a natural, naked wedding cake with fresh flowers
An overall tip I missed – less about style and more about having an outdoor wedding:
Have an amazing Plan B ready to spring into action in case of rain!
With thanks to Karen Flower Photography for all of the images used above – do visit her website at www.karenflowerphotography.com – and to the following wedding suppliers who contributed their wonderful talents to this shoot!
- Venue – Gorse Hill De Vere Hotels
- Photography – Karen Flower Photography
- Hair and make-up – Catherine Bailey Make Up Artist
- Dress – Eliza Jane Howell
- Headpiece – Flo & Percy
- Flowers – Parsley and Rose
- Wedding stationery – Calligraphy for Weddings
- Crockery / props – Rural Vintage
- Shoes – L.K.Bennett
- Earrings – Monsoon
- Model – Michaela Ireland
I also get a mention in Hello!’s Top 5 Wedding Blogs alongside lovely Alison (Mrs P&P), Fairytale Weddings, London Lifestylist Naomi Kisted and (the anonymous author of) Tips for the Toast – which is nice!