Hello! I’ve been scampering around with my camera this morning to show you how to make gorgeous invites from a calligraphy printable template on Etsy. All you need is some scrapbook paper, coloured envelopes, double sided tape and a bit of lace, twine or ribbon to make these lovely wedding invitations.
Make your own calligraphy wedding invitations – DIY project
This is the simplest of stationery projects and with perhaps a little cheating you can make really lovely invitations on a budget and without too much blood, sweat and tears!
Making your calligraphy wedding invitations: step by step guide
- Purchase the printable calligraphy invite at Etsy.com (your personalised invitation will be ready for you in 5 working days).
- Buy your coloured envelopes and find some lovely scrapbooking papers at a local craft shop
- Print your invitations onto white card and trim to a slightly smaller size than your envelopes.
- Cut rectangles of your scrapbook papers and stick them carefully back to back with double sided tape.
- Stick the white card invitations with printed calligraphy onto the scrapbook papers.
- Cut envelope liners from the scrapbook papers and slot them into your envelopes (only stick them to the top flap: if they’re glued everywhere you’ll have a nightmare closing your envelopes).
- Tie a little lace or twine around your invitations for a pretty finish… and you’re done!
I also offer an envelope addressing service in calligraphy for £2.85 per envelope. You can find more details here: calligraphy-for-weddings.com/envelope-calligraphy/
Bagpuss stamps are optional but highly recommended!