Morning! I would love all of you creative brides and grooms to join me for a rather surreal and magical adventure in September when I’ll be hosting three skills workshops at Kirstie Allsopp’s Handmade Fair.
I’ve been keeping this quiet while plans have been made over the last few months, but tickets are selling like hotcakes and my face is even on the website so the whole thing now feels as official as it does surreal… almost!
I love how weddings have turned into crafty, handmade and creative occasions and it’s amazing to see how couples are rediscovering crafts as part of their wedding journey. The Handmade Fair has so many inspiring exhibitors and workshops so you can learn all sorts of wedding crafts, from paper poms to wedding favours and calligraphy – not to mention the shopping!
My top picks for creative brides at The Handmade Fair
- Learn how to decorate cakes every day in the food decoration skills workshops
- Discover papercuts with Poppy Chancellor, play with calligraphy pens with Claire Gould (me!), make tissue tassels, paper poms and garlands in hands on papercraft workshops all weekend
- Buy every crafty item you could need for your wedding in one place: ribbons, papers, stationery, jewellery and vintage delights – here’s a small selection of exhibitors
- On Saturday at 10am Edwina Ehrman talks to Kirstie Allsopp about her vintage wedding dress exhibition at the V&A – which will be awesome for vintage brides
- Sunday 10am – Etsy will be on stage for a discussion about turning the crafts you love into a business. Etsy’s business school will be around all weekend too.
- All weekend you can join in with ‘world pomination’ with Rosy Nicholas in one of Kirstie’s Grand Makes – which sounds more than a little fabulous to me!
- Sunday 11am Paul A. Young shows how to make lavender, rosemary and chocolate truffles… perfect wedding favours, anyone?
- Sunday 3pm Kitten Grayson demonstrates her amazing floral arranging skills with texture and colour
- See Hotchpotchvintage and more amazing edible crafts in the artisan marketplace
So will you be there? I’d love to meet you and I’m really excited about the whole weekend. When I’m not teaching my little calligraphy sessions I’ll be wandering around discovering all the other crafts and exploring all the other magical things!
Tickets are on sale now and skills workshops are selling ever so fast so get yours quickly! I can’t wait to see you there!