Hello there! I hope you’re having a nice weekend, taking it easy and spending a little quality time with your other half. We’re just about to head up a little mountain in the northern Lake District – weather permitting! But before we go, I have to share some of what I’ve been reading this week with you. I think you’ll love these…
Real weddings from the UK and a little further afield!
- Libby and Derek’s vintage inspired literary adventure on Love My Dress
- I just adore Katherine and Alex’s mad hatter’s tea party wedding!
- Fellow fans of Rock My Wedding blog will adore seeing Victoria and Simon’s craft-filled wedding in Cornwall
- Love, love, love Paddy and Sue’s tipi wedding in Cambridge!
- Bella and Charlie’s gorgeous wedding preview
- The wedding of Jenny and Emiko (as seen in You & Your Wedding mag)
- Kate and Justin’s gorgeous Fulham Palace wedding
- Emma and Phil’s romantic church wedding in Lancashire
- Lyndsey and Lee’s wedding is beautifully photographed with a dream team of suppliers at Peckforton Castle
- A magical wedding at Newton Hall for Lara and John
- This Hindu wedding is pretty spectacular – love it!
- More tipis and yurts… Clare and Ian’s wonderfully rustic wedding
- Beautiful sunshine for Rhiannon and Matt at Blackthorpe Barn and also see Bibby and Dan’s gorgeous wedding at Pennard House from my friend and sponsor Simon Biffen
- Wild at heart wedding – Henriette and Johan’s big day was inspiring and creative!
- I adore the romance of Jen and Rob’s beautiful wedding at Monk Fryston Hall
- Steph and Ryan were so lucky to have their rustic real wedding in a French corner of paradise
Think creative – the best ideas for your wedding
- I love these whimsical wedding invitations – and the calligraphy on the envelopes is by the bride! Try it… calligraphy is so much fun and she makes it look beautiful!
- Not sure if you need a big order of service? How about a mini one? A brilliant idea from Nathan at Artemis Stationery!
- Gorgeous ideas for a relaxed rustic country tea wedding theme – via the UK Alliance of Wedding Planners blog
- Latest news from my lovely friend Zoe at Bunny Delicious – why not order your honeymoon album now? And for winter weddings, here’s a snowflake order of service – gorgeous!
- This shoot will get your creative juices flowing! Naked cakes and beautiful red floral ideas – fab.
Advice and opinion from experts and other brides & grooms
- A heartfelt post and some outstanding comments from readers of Love My Dress blog – on walking down the aisle on your own
- Marriages in England – the facts and figures! With some lovely thoughts from a wedding photographer’s perspective
- What you need to know about relationships – this will turn your mind upside down, in a really lovely way. Marriage? It’s not even about you. (read – I loved this!)
- Why a wedding album is so very important
- “I loved it when…” a new series of wedding planner articles – the experts share their favourite wedding moments. Intriguing and will make you smile!