Happy weekend everyone! What are you up to this weekend – weddingy bits and bobs, or a bit of time off? I’m taking my little Mini out for a road trip into the Lake District and hoping for a nice day. Fingers crossed! But first – I thought I’d share some of my favourite wedding blogs from the last week and a bit. Enjoy! Claire xxx
- Kelly and Peter’s Derbyshire wedding blog – with the most adorable little pink rose and gyp bouquets!
- Wedding in a treehouse! This is genius, magical, funny in the loveliest of ways – and genuinely in a treehouse. Zoe and Steve, you rock!
- Timeless elegance, white details, a stunning lace wedding dress and a flying bridesmaid – Derbyshire wedding blog with Carina and Henry
- A rock n roll wedding at the ice cream farm – Roskilly’s is an amazing place – go there! Love this wedding too 🙂
- Lisa and Chris’s classic outdoor wedding at beautiful Wasing Park, Berkshire
- An incredibly beautiful Lord of the Rings flavoured wedding – wow! With Martina and Chris at Sandburn Hall
- The bluest of skies, the warmest of sunshine… Emma and James’s wedding at Clearwell Castle
- A beautiful bride in a Charlotte Balbier dress, and a relaxed country wedding in Cheshire – Ewan and Dawn
- Mary Kate and Will’s wedding has the most delicious autumn colours – with a difference. Recommended reading!
Think creative! Ideas and beautiful wedding buys
- Rose Gold might just be the new ivory when it comes to weddings… this wedding inspiration board is a great place to start
- I loved Nikki’s feature on pretty modern wedding cakes over at Knots & Kisses so I bookmarked it for you 🙂
- Shades of Grey can be sophisticated, creative and subtle – this fabulous shoot will show you how
- It feels like winter already! But hang on a minute… here’s some autumnal wedding inspiration I think you’ll love!
- One of my very favourite bridal designers, the lovely Charlotte Balbier is sharing her personal wedding planning story. See her thoughts on favours here – she’s just fab and full of the best ideas!
- Learn how to make lovely paper flowers with Andri – wedding planner and inspiring wedding crafter too!
Advice and opinion to help plan your wedding day
- Help your groom achieve the bow tie and braces look – because it doesn’t come naturally for everyone!
- Cultural wedding planning tips from the experts (although the term ‘cultural wedding’ is one I find particularly confusing!)
- We can’t help hating chair covers, but there are alternatives! Here’s an old article from Want that Wedding blog
- Quotes for inspiration – my latest discovery, I love this board!
- Who’s planning a Halloween wedding? I’m going to an evening do and can’t wait! This board is full of ideas.
- Freebies are always lovely – here are some free wedding printables I think you’ll like
- Kelly’s board of wedding place name ideas is fantastic, definitely a favourite!
And a special mention for my friend Pamela who writes A Warwickshire Wedding Blog. Pam is relaunching her blog and I recommend it to brides, grooms and suppliers in the Warwickshire area – her writing always makes me smile – lovely, lovely lady. Good luck, Pam! xx
Have I missed anything? Let me know your favourite real weddings and advice articles from blogs over the last week or so – pop a link in the comments form for me so I can see what you’ve been reading too! Claire xxx