I’ve been waiting for so long to share this wedding inspiration blog with you! It’s rare that I get a sneak peek of what’s behind the scenes at a shoot myself… but this time I had insider info (which I’m about to share) on one of the most inspiring and creative projects you’ll see all year!
Think Once Upon A Time, only better. Think of fairytales with real danger and drama – there’s no Disney princess here, but a stunning bride and a glamorous temptress. Think of your woodland wedding theme, a quintessentially English wedding day with china and delicate floral crowns and decor, exquisite stationery and dresses to die for.
My huge thanks and hugs to the very wonderful Fiona Campbell Photography and Kat Forsyth Photography who worked together to create this shoot at Owlpen Manor wedding venue. Co-stars include Calligraphy for Weddings (me!), Mrs Terrence (vintage porcelain), Ivy Pip and Rose (flowers), Peggy Porschen (cake), and Wedding Floral Archway Hire. Dresses are from The State of Grace, Miss Bush Bridal Wear, and Faith Caton Barber. The shoot was styled by Lady Amy Wedding Design and make up is by Nina Singh.
The plan was to create a quintessentially English wedding scene…
However, when we got to Owlpen Manor strange things were happening. A beautiful girl in a red dress was found walking up the path, perhaps looking for a venue for her wedding. She was sucked in to a terrifying experience where a jealous queen stalked the paths of the glorious Owlpen’s garden!
This queen did not seem to want our bride to have her wedding at Owlpen, and terrified us all with her rage. Our bride ran into the Tudor knot garden to escape her. The yew trees pressed in on her and she was in a terrible emotional turmoil, tempted to give up her dreams of innocence and a white wedding. She became ensnared in their branches, turned into a temptress. She thought she might never escape from their clutches.
I am pleased to tell you however that there must have been angels at work at Owlpen Manor. Somehow it all came right. Dawn broke and the ghosts were driven away.
The wedding day was perfect, with beautiful calligraphy by a certain Claire Gould, vintage porcelain from Mrs Terrence, flowers by Ivy Pip and Rose and a cake by Peggy Porschen. A magical globe decorated with flowers was found in the garden, perhaps supplied by fairies from Wedding Floral Archway Hire. And of course, they all lived happily ever after.
- The photographers were Kat Forsyth, katforsyth.com and Fiona Campbell, www.fionacampbelllondon.com
- The house is Owlpen Manor, www.owlpen.com
- White dress: Miss Bush Bridal Wear ‘Jesus Perro 2030’ www.missbushbridalwear.co.uk
- Red dress: The State of Grace, thestateofgrace.com
- Gold dress: Faith Caton Barber, faithbarber.com
- Flowers: Rebecca from Ivy Pip and Rose ivypipandrose.co.uk 07940 389698
- cake: Peggy Porschen cakes, peggyporschen.com
- calligraphy: Claire Gould, English Wedding Blog and Calligraphy-for-Weddings.com
- other stationery: Pepper and Joy, pepperandjoy.com
- vintage china, silver and tableware; www.mrs-terrence.co.uk
- globe and candelabra; weddingfloralarchwayhire.co.uk
- stylist: Lauren McGovern at ladyamyweddingdesign.co.uk
- make up: Nina Singh; firstname.lastname@example.org 07532 231943