Hi everyone! Big hugs all round today because it’s party time at English Wedding Blog HQ.
We’re having a birthday… so forgive me for not actually being here right now as you read the blog! I’m either baking myself a Hungry Caterpillar birthday cake, skipping along the beach singing happy birthday to myself or pouring champagne on my coco pops right now (depending on the weather). Anyway, I thought I’d take the opportunity to share some of the best wedding blogs I’ve been reading over the last few weeks with you. Ready? Enjoy! Oh, and happy birthday everyone! Claire xxx
Real weddings – the best real wedding blogs
- A celebrity wedding from the US with some fab calligraphy details I love!
- I hope you’ll love Leanne and Matt’s seaside wedding blog as much as I do
- More stunning calligraphy from Rachel and Ashkahn’s amazing wedding blog
- Naughty boys in kilts anyone? I found out recently my mum is quite fond of kilts hehe!
- Fabulous photography and some incredible details from this Coverwood Farm wedding blog
- This winter tipi wedding is amazing
- Magical snowy wedding from Nunsmere Hall
- This picture from Jenny and William’s wedding day will capture your heart – Jenny’s 8 year old sister’s expression says it all. (I did Jenny’s wedding calligraphy and she’s the loveliest person!) See more wedding images from the day here: Jenny & William’s wedding blog
- Lemons and limes for a wedding theme? It really works!
- Definition of the word ‘albumasourus‘ – and a moving series of wedding images
- A beautiful wedding from Combe House in Devon
- Some magical moments from Heidi and Mike’s Orchardleigh House wedding blog
- Wedding inspiration shoot with vintage details and a pink Vespa? Yes please!
- Vintage luxury floral invitations – this is the colour spring should be! Delicious 🙂
- 20 ways to transform your wedding reception space – some good ideas here
- Did I mention it was my birthday? Rainbow cake recipe! (I’d love one but honestly I wouldn’t dare even try! hehe)
- Spring wedding styling ideas from my lovely friend Nathan (also includes links to “more general springyness”, which is nice!)
- 5 boutique wedding venues you might not even have come across in your search!
Advice and opinion
- 10 wedding blunders to avoid – usually I disagree loudly with this type of wedding blog article, but this one has my vote. There’s one heeyuge blunder they’ve missed – but I’ll share that one with you at a later date. The ones they’ve included are all pretty valid and also easily done. Recommended reading!
- When I’m Sixty Four – a wonderful little read about what matters. Includes the phrase ‘superfluous fripperies’ which I’ll be stealing at some point in the future.
- You are beautiful.
- Amazing wedding planning tips from the top wedding bloggers
- The perfect wedding day comes in all shapes and sizes
Wedding business news for suppliers
It’s been a while since I’ve featured any wedding supplier advice, but having binned an old website this week I’m now going to share a few favourite advice posts here more regularly. (I’ve had a request!)
- Wedding SEO in 2013
- Reflect on 2012 to create an awesome 2013
- What makes a great photographer?
- Global wedding market survey results 2012