Hello everyone! I hope you’ve had a lovely week. I’m working on a few little blog features for the weeks ahead and I’ve had to turn off the TV, avoid reading anything online or in magazines and steer pretty clear of wedding blogs and websites – as well as my inbox!
Why? I’m all Great Gatsbied-out.
Art Deco is a wonderfully inspiring style. It doesn’t quite fit with my wedding calligraphy business, but the striking lines and impactful fonts make for amazing wedding stationery. The glitz and glam are to die for as far as wedding dresses and bridal accessories go. But I need to make a confession: it’s not really me.
So I’m looking for fresh alternatives to Gatsby styling and wedding ideas which aren’t inspired by art deco this week! Can you help me?
If anyone has a gorgeous new product which is bright and colourful, rustic and boho or otherwise inspiring, I’d love to see! I’m also looking for alternative shoots full of sunshine and amazing details to share with everyone here. Email me – email@example.com with your ideas!
And best of all, if you’re a bride, groom or wedding photographer and you’d like to email me a real wedding to feature on the English Wedding Blog I will be over the moon! Just – anything without Leonardo DiCaprio’s face on it would be nice. I’ve nothing against him but I’ll be dreaming about him at this rate…
If you found this wedding blog post through Google and you were looking for Great Gatsby wedding inspiration then I’m sorry to disappoint (and at worst possibly make you angry! Oops). Here are some links to lovely things you’ll enjoy instead.
- I’ll admit this is pretty damn gorgeous – Great Gatsby wedding inspiration on Style Me Pretty
- What if Daisy Buchanan and Jay Gatsby got married? On Love My Dress
- Get the Great Gatsby bridal look – make up tips via the Huffington Post
- A slideshow of the best wedding photos from real Great Gatsby inspired weddings. Some gorgeous images and ideas
- Great Gatsby inspired weddings – US TV feature
- A gorgeous Pinterest board I found by a Great Gatsby inspired bride. This is Kate’s ‘My Great Gatsby Wedding in 2013‘ and I love it!