Whenever I see an English Asian wedding I wish I had more in my inbox to share with you – the elegance and wonderful colours are out of this world! And Dharmendra and Divya’s contemporary English wedding with an Asian twist is simply amazing. I jumped at the chance to share it with you as soon as I saw it!
The images are by my friend and blog sponsor the lovely Phil Drinkwater. Phil is a wedding photographer in Cheshire and Manchester, and I’d recommend him to anyone – he’s a lovely guy too. The photography in today’s Asian wedding blog is just beautiful – as is today’s bride Divya.
My thanks to a gorgeous couple for sharing such a glorious wedding day on the English Wedding Blog – and congratulations! Thanks also to Phil for the submission. Find out more about Phil Drinkwater on his stunning new website which was launched this month – www.phildweddingphotography.co.uk and enjoy today’s wedding blog! Claire x
An contemporary English wedding with an Asian twist! Divya and Dharmendra
Bolton School, Bolton.
Phil Drinkwater – www.phildweddingphotography.co.uk
How would you describe your wedding style?
We’d say contemporary English with an Asian twist. We had a purple colour scheme as its Divya’s favourite colour.
A little about the wedding ceremony:
Simple civil ceremony with a registrar.
Tell us a little about your wedding venue styling and details:
The venue was the Arts and Conference Centre at Bolton School. It’s a modern building with old architectural features which give a nice touch of character. The main school buildings are listed and provided some really nice backdrops for the couples photographs.
Invitations and reception stationery:
The invitations were a standard design from Vistaprint but the seating plans were done by us.
Wedding music and entertainment:
The music during the ceremony was a playlist created by Divya and the evening entertainment was provided by DesiFusion.
What did you wear?
Groom: A 3 piece mid-grey suit, with black shoes. The suit was off-the-shelf but from a Savile Row tailor. The back of the waistcoat and the tie were both purple which matched the colour theme of the wedding.
Memorable wedding day moments:
- Seeing each other for the first time as Divya walked up the aisle.
- Being pronounced as husband and wife.
- The confetti outside.
- The group photo.
- Dharmendra being lifted up by a friend and cousin towards the end of the night on the dancefloor.
- And just generally seeing a lot of happy faces, especially our grandmothers
Wedding day advice:
- Relax and enjoy the day as it won’t happen again and it will pass by very quickly.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol (that’s more from Dharmendra)!
Recommended wedding suppliers:
- Phil Drinkwater Photography – www.phildweddingphotography.co.uk
- Catering was provided by Apna Khana from Bradford which went down really well with our guests, very tasty!
- Chair covers and uplighting were provided by the venue, the rest of the decorations were a DIY job.
- DJ was amazing as DesiFusion catered well for an audience of Asians of different generations.