If you’re styling a vintage military wedding then I’ve a feeling you’ll love Sara and Dave’s wedding blog. They’re a fantastic couple with a great sense of style, and used lengths of bunting and traditional decorations to theme their gorgeous wedding.
Not only are there loads of ideas for you from Sara & Dave’s big day, I’ve created a vintage military wedding Pinterest board with more ideas to share with you – so if you’re planning a similar style for your day, do have a look!
Congratulations to Sara and Dave, and my huge thanks to Jamie from Vickerstaff Photography for sharing the wedding photos on English Wedding Blog for us all to enjoy this morning.
Vintage military wedding style ideas – Sara & Dave
Ideas for styling your own vintage wedding with a military influence
- Begin with the colours of your military uniform as a base for your venue styling
- Use old maps for table plans and table numbers
- Vintage suitcases have a nostalgic feel to them – add flowers and pretty decorations to jazz them up (but resist painting them white!)
- Incorporate vintage buttons with your flowers and stationery (see my blog post from Kirstie Allsopp’s vintage wedding)
- Save money by being thrifty – post war weddings weren’t extravagant, just made with love!