Yay for weekends! I’m so pleased we’ve made it through to Saturday – what a busy week it’s been! I’ve had a brilliant time seeing my little sister yesterday, and there are big plans afoot for this weekend as well – very excited!
But of course I can’t leave English Wedding Blog without sharing the best wedding blogs from my reading list. It’s been a busy time for everyone I think, with bloggers, wedding photographers and wedding suppliers all sharing their latest news and designs. Those new years resolutions are still going strong… just! And it’s absolutely the best time to get wedding inspiration from all the blogs because there is so much to see.
I hope you enjoy these links! Claire xxx
Real weddings – the best wedding blogs
- I love this! A cute Italian vintage London wedding with the brightest, loveliest bouquets and decorations – and smiles!
- Be swept up in the romance of Jinglin and Zhiru’s Sussex elopement
- Tradition with a twist – you’ll love this Warwickshire wedding blog
- Something beautiful – a Cheshire wedding blog
- Gorgeous – and look out for the incredible purple tree in this real wedding blog!
- A Hard Day’s Night – from Rock My Wedding Blog
- Tina & Gregory’s wedding is full of fab stationery ideas
- A Woodhall Manor wedding
- Chandeliers, candles and sparkle on English Wedding Blog
- A stylish gallery and theatre wedding in Sheffield
- I adore this Northampton wedding blog – full of Christmas wedding ideas
- A royal artillery company wedding blog with groom preparations
- An incredibly beautiful wedding with even more Christmas style ideas
Think creative – wedding ideas and inspiration
- Pink ombre wedding inspiration by the fabulous WBD Designer Wedding Stationery in London
- The best marriage proposals (or do you have a better one to share?!)
- Buttonhole ideas from Love My Dress Blog with gorgeous pictures
- I love a festival wedding – gorgeous images and ideas from Roses & Lace
- Quirky and creative: could you have a Dr Seuss inspired wedding?
- A look at photograph escort cards – my favourites!
- From one of my favourite UK wedding invitation designers – the Padua invitation booklet. Gorgeous!
- More fab invitation ideas – these foil stamp invites are beautiful (from Hello!Lucky)
Advice and opinion – for help with planning and finding suppliers
- Wedding invitation etiquette for DIY brides… if you really think you have to follow rules, this gives plenty of examples
- Stop reading wedding blogs. Avoid Pinterest. Think about your wedding for a moment or two (via the Huffington Post)
- If you’re saving money with a lot of wedding DIY, it’s a great idea to cheat at calligraphy – and it’s pretty easy to do (with the right tutorials and techniques!) See London Bride’s simple, fun technique, find more ideas in this forum discussion and see step by step fake calligraphy instructions with pictures here on Wedding Bee.
- BUT if you’re paying for a calligrapher for your wedding day, how would you feel if they were using the same techniques to fake it?! I’m 100% behind UK calligrapher Scarlet Blue, who explains why selling fake calligraphy as the real thing is wrong. Fake wedding calligraphy – Buyer Beware!
- Wedding blog inspiration all in one place – an introduction to the Dream Wedding Directory (by Nathan)
- Do you need a wedding seating chart? (No – trust me: escort cards are better!) Found via WedWeekly
- One of many reasons grooms procrastinate on wedding planning tasks! (I’m sure it’s not just grooms either!)
- A few wedding photography secrets (grab a cuppa – this is a long but worthwhile read)