Hello again! Regular readers: an apology. I’m not good with time. I’ve realised that I always introduce these “best wedding blogs” features with a little disclaimer that I’ve no idea how long it’s been since the last one. Scheduling some of my blog posts a week or more in advance leaves me a little fluffed-up in the brain department, you see.
I do see a lot of lovely fluff in my line of work… perhaps it’s the tulle and paper poms which have sent my brain all wonky. Anyways – this is the last time I’ll apologise. Once again though, I’ll redeem myself by sharing the very best of wedding blogs from the last week-ish. Enjoy!
Real weddings – to inspire and delight (and maybe make you think!)
- I love this dinner party wedding from Ruffled Blog
- Being a fan of Etsy now, here’s something incredibly beautiful from the Etsy weddings blog
- This rustic wedding in Greece is full of sunshine and outdoor ideas
- A Jewish wedding full of love and magic
- Check out the incredible evening images in this Wick Farm Barn wedding
- Oh wow – what a fabulously elegant wedding day at 315 Bar in Huddersfield (not to be missed! – and the cutest bouquet ever)
- Something a little more eclectic: London wedding from Rock n Roll Bride
- A favourite of mine! Two weddings in France
- Beautiful images and a heartwarming wedding day from this Kinkell Byre wedding blog
- An Edinburgh wedding – if you enjoy English Wedding then this graceful celebration will be right up your street
- And a last wedding blog treat from Germany – this is gorgeous
Think creative! Ideas and projects to try at home
- I adore this inspiration board on the Pocketful of Dreams wedding blog – Gatsby Glamour
- My favourite wedding trend: signage! (Obviously calligraphy signs are best, but y’know – there’s plenty to choose from)
- Want your wedding invitations to stand out? Think about buying these fab scroll invites instead of flat ones.
- Make your own wedding cake – tips for the braver readers out there!
- Via WedWeekly: wedding send off ideas. Go out with a bang!
- Make your own vintage brooch escort cards – these are fab.
- Do you really need to spend thousands on your wedding dress? Beautiful gowns from Phase Eight…
Advice and opinion – articles to help your wedding planning brain
- The excitingly-named “Wedding name tags with twine: how long should they be?” is my top read this week 😉
- Perhaps more useful is “One year on – a beginner’s guide to marriage“
- Did you know where the word Bride comes from? Amaze your friends with your knowledge… (this is actually really interesting stuff!)
- Wedding photography and flash – one thing you should know about wedding photography, to help you choose your photographer well.
- Do you need a band and DJ for your wedding? Advice from the experts…
- Tips for a winter outdoor wedding – an entertaining infographic, but my personal advice would be “don’t do it!” See what you think.