I love vicars. They’re characters, eccentrics and often some of the friendliest and most entertaining people you could meet. I’m as yet undecided whether I’m a pagan or an atheist… but in this context, it doesn’t matter. Today’s wedding in Chichester has a brilliant vicar photo you really mustn’t miss! (He looks so happy… as he should! You’ll see…)
Of course, there are lovely ideas and images of a beautiful bride and gorgeous groom for you to enjoy as well.
Steven and Rachel’s wedding was in West Hampnett, with a reception at Fontwell House. The happy couple have very kindly shared a wedding report with us today, which you’ll find about halfway down the page as always.
Thank you to lovely Laura from Cherry Red Photography for sharing today’s images. There are some fabulous moments here as well as gorgeous details and ideas. I hope you love this – if you do, please leave a comment or share the link on facebook! Enjoy! Claire xxx
A beautiful contemporary wedding in Chichester
St Peters church, West Hampnett, Chichester.
Wedding photographer: Laura – Cherry Red Photography
How would you describe your wedding style?
Contemporary, Traditional, Fun!
A little about the wedding ceremony:
Our ceremony was in the beautiful and quaint St Peters Church in West Hampnett, Chichester – www.stpeterswesthampnett.org
Which readings did you choose?
Steven’s step father, Howard, chose a very traditional, lovely reading.
Tell us a little about your wedding venue styling and details:
Our colour scheme was burgundy and ivory, with burgundy calla lilies and ivory roses, the reception was at Fontwell House, in the beautiful grounds of Fontwell Race Course.
Invitations and reception stationery:
The invitations were all handmade by Rachel (the Bride), in our colour scheme.
Wedding music and entertainment:
Fontwell recommended our DJ for the evening.
What did you wear?
Rachel wore a beautiful ivory strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline and beautifully added detail. Along with stunning ivory Mary Jane style bridal heels! Perfect! For luck Rachel wore a blue coloured vintage pendant- a family heirloom that each bride in her family has passed along.
Steven wore a mid length dark charcoal dinner suit with black shoes…..and a smile!
Memorable wedding day moments:
Walking into our reception to be announced as Mr and Mrs Moss was SOOO amazing! Also walking out of the Church to our family & friends was so special! The whole day was so amazing and we will never forget it!
Wedding day advice:
Enjoy all of it as much as you can including the build up and preparations, don’t get too stressed out- just go with it and it will be awesome!
Recommended wedding suppliers:
- Cherry Red Photography – www.cherryredphotography.co.uk
- “We met Laura at our friends’ wedding and we were so impressed with not only the photos but also her personality and how friendly she was. When Rachel and I got engaged, we didn’t have any hesitations in asking Laura to photograph our Wedding! The day went amazingly, Laura was so organised with her private shoot and we also had loads of fun at the same time! She was incredibly friendly to our guests (they all commented on how lovely she was!) and also was a real hit with the kids! The photos that she produced were truly lovely and captured the whole day so well! 5* rating is not enough!! Thank you Laura!!“
- Fontwell Race Course www.fontwellpark.co.uk
- Dickies Suit Hire, Worthing www.dickiessuithire.co.uk
- Whyte Weddings, Worthing www.whyteweddingsworthing.co.uk
A big thanks to Auntie Sara and Pat for the fabulous cake & flower arrangements!