Let me share a little secret about me: I love fairy tales. Not the children’s stories like Cinderella, or the Disney variety (ick), but real folklore, celtic mythology and fantasy:- grown up fairy tales. So when I hear the words “fairy tale wedding”, ideas and themes like today’s woodland wedding ideas blog instantly spring to mind. And they’re exciting!
Wedding planner Caroline Gould (no, we’re not related!) emailed me a few images from a creative wedding ideas shoot a few weeks ago. I was smitten – because this is a shoot with plenty of ideas including cute little details you can use on your own big day (all too rare in UK wedding shoots), a groom (still quite rare! – and he’s soooo gorgeous) and plenty of individuality and character. It was instantly a given that I’d want to share this shoot with you on English Wedding Blog.
With thanks to Caroline Gould Weddings for submitting the shoot and sharing her write up and ideas with us today! The images are by wedding photographers Nick Ilott Photography and Ross Dean Photography.
There’s a complete supplier list below for you to use as reference as well. Enjoy! Claire xxx
Caroline Gould explains, “When I first met Emily and saw Kenton Hall Estate, a new wedding venue in Suffolk, I knew we had to find a way to use it for something! Because of the beautiful grounds at Kenton Hall we decided on a woodland themed wedding inspiration shoot.
We drafted in some of the most talented suppliers from the region, giving everyone the chance to showcase their products and services to a wider audience. The majority of the suppliers were fellow members of the Suffolk Wedding Network that I run with Ross Dean (www.rossdeanphotography.com).
The shoot included two beautiful dresses, fantastic floral pieces, a great unique venue, and a delicious cake (unfortunately we had to eat it after the shoot – extra calories really are one of the downsides of my job!).
You can’t always rely on the weather in the UK so despite the fact that the shoot took place in the summer, we brought the outside into the marquee bringing in wood chip to make an area for a celebration ceremony, foliage, wooden benches and even brought in some trees!
Whilst you can’t legally get married in the marquee, there are lots of beautiful areas at Kenton Hall where you could have a wedding celebration ceremony. Kenton Hall Estate don’t just do wedding receptions, they also have a glamping area with a Yurt and Shepherd Hut available for hire.”
Woodland wedding suppliers
- Organisation/Styling – Caroline Gould Weddings (www.endless-love.co.uk)
- Venue/Styling – Kenton Hall Estate (www.kentonhallestate.co.uk)
- Lead Photographer – Nick Ilott Photography (www.nickilottphotography.co.uk)
- Second photographer – Ross Dean Photography (www.rossdeanphotography.com)
- Cinematography – CameraOn Films (www.cameraonfilms.co.uk)
- Bridal Gowns – Nell’Amore Bridal Wear (www.nellamore-bridalwear.co.uk)
- Flowers – Myrtle & Mint (www.myrtleandmint.com)
- Button Bouquets/Styling – Cute as a Button (www.facebook.com/cuteasabuttonuk)
- Cake/Styling – CRUMB Bespoke Suffolk Cakes (www.crumb-bespokesuffolkcakes.com)
- Transport – VW Moments (www.classicvwmoments.co.uk)
- Hire Ware – CMA Hire (www.cmahire.co.uk)
- MUA – Make-up by Aleksandra Zych (www.aleksandra-zych.com)
- Hair – Elegant Brides (www.bridalandvintagehair.com)
- DJ and Lighting – Dreamwave Events (www.dreamwaveevents.co.uk)
- Models – Camilla Loveridge & Wibbs Coulson