Morning! I hope your day is going well. Today’s wedding begins with a memory recreated: Emma and Luke stood in the exact spot where Emma’s parents were photographed on their wedding day, creating a wonderful family tradition!
I love this wedding for the romantic images and memories: the beautiful sunshine, the passionate hugs. The laughs, the smiles, the memories, the vicar lifting drain covers in church to find the groom’s ring where it fell…
Images are by Louise Bjorling, and Emma and Luke have shared their wedding story with you today. Enjoy! Claire xxx
The bride and groom: Emma Bryant & Luke O’ Reilly
Who proposed, and how?
Luke proposed. He took me to Paris and we walked around Paris all day – the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe etc, and he was so nervous when he proposed outside our hotel in Paris.
Wedding venue: Royal Berkshire Hotel in Ascot
Wedding photographer: Louise Bjorling
How would you describe your wedding style? Modern
The wedding ceremony: St Bartholomew Church, Nettlebed
Religious or civil? Religious
Which readings did you chose? Song of Solomon Chapter 2.10-13; 8.6-7
What were your wedding highlights?
The whole day was fantastic, but one thing that I’m really glad that we got is a portrait replicating the wedding portrait of my parents, outside the church. My parents got married at the very same church many years ago, so we found the same spot and our photographer replicated the shot!
Wedding venue styling and details:
We went for a chilled out wedding at a countryside venue – The Royal Berkshire Hotel. And we had a colour theme which was purple – so we had the purple in the bridesmaids’ dresses and for their hair clips, as well as for men’s ties, details in the wedding decor and cake, Luke’s buttonhole and some flowers in the bridal bouquet.
Wedding music and entertainment: DJ
What did you wear?
Bride: White strapless dress and a pair of shoes that had “I do” written underneath them.
Groom: Grey morning suit with white waistcoat and cravat
Memorable wedding day moments:
The Groom’s ring fell down a drain in the church just before the ceremony was about to start! And I will always remember Luke’s speech.
Wedding day advice:
- It’s worth spending the extra on a good photographer and for videography we did something called “shoot it yourself video recording” – and the end result was brilliant.
- Start planning early to get the good deals.
- We also had a photo booth which really brought all the guests together in the evening and we used the pictures for our guest book – people pasted them straight in to the book and wrote messages next to them.
Recommended wedding suppliers:
- Make up – Gini from Truly Colours http://www.trulycolours.co.uk/
- Photographer – Louise Bjorling http://www.louisebjorling.com/
- Videographer – Shoot it Yourself http://www.shoot-it-yourself.co.uk/
- Florist – A&M Florist http://www.amflorists.co.uk/
- Chair Covers and room decorating – Blue Orchid Events http://www.blueorchidevents.co.uk/
- Cake – Marilyn Cakes http://www.marilyns-cakes.co.uk/
- The men’s suits – Black Tie http://www.black-tie-hire.co.uk/
- DJ – Club Classics Disco (email@example.com)
- Photo booth – Groovy booth http://www.groovybooth.com/