Happy Friday folks! I hope you have exciting plans for the weekend – Christmas shopping perhaps?! Me too – a few little bits and I’m done. I also need to finish off my Christmas cards this weekend! December goes so quickly. But for now, to brighten your Friday let’s revisit some of the best wedding blogs from recent weeks.
- Velvet shoes, a Jenny Packham dress and a beautiful barn wedding
- A Soho wedding on the fabulous London Bride blog
- An elegant Parisian wedding (LOVE this!)
- Something further afield – an Ohio lake wedding
- And all the way from Kenya, via Cheshire wedding photographer and all round lovely man Adam Johnson. Pretty damn incredible as a wedding and as a story. Destination Wedding Photography Kenya (Parit + Sonal Teasers) Enashipai Naivasha
- Closer to home: this lovely Hackney town hall wedding will make you smile
- Louise and Ricky’s wedding is a stunner! by LifeLine Photography – look at the second image of Louise with her head on Ricky’s shoulder… so beautiful, so romantic and guaranteed to make you smile!
Think creative – made in the UK and DIY wedding ideas
- Oh my God and wow – glorious, sexy pink graphic design and colour ideas from Antoin and Alex’s wedding!
- wedding favours for Cancer Research – with optional pins designed by Jenny Packham. Gorgeous.
- Did you see London wedding dress designer Dana Bolton on Love My Dress Blog?
- A wedding ceremony challenge – what do you make of this?! My heart would be in my mouth, I think!!!
- The lovely Amma from Beyond Beyond threatens to ‘rub me out‘. I adore her. So happy to have my calligraphy featured on her fab blog!
- The story of a wedding cake design, inspired by a wedding dress. From sketches to the finished cake – wow.
- Get creative with your wedding dress design and theme – a little risque, but gorgeous – mermaid wedding anyone?
- Wedding planning advice from A – Z. I is for individuality – it’s my favourite 🙂
- Wedding invitation mistakes! There are six mistakes here: five are spot on. The first I disagree with! But it’s a good article 🙂
Wedding planning advice and opinion
- Wedding planners at work – see how gorgeous table centre pieces are created and more!
- The trend for meshing… would you? (As a wedding calligrapher I can see the benefits of fewer double-barrelled names!) – but the intro to this article which mentions “new linguistic horrors” from the US does make me smile 🙂
- A sage word about reportage wedding photography – this is what it truly means. Won’t take you a minute to read but it’s worth having a look.
- Winter weddings on LoveLuxe Blog. Loved this web chat, they did so well! And the tips on everything from photography to flowers are priceless.
- 101 wedding first dance song suggestions. A great list because there’s so much to choose from! Rock, alternative, old school… there’s a nice choice here.
And a special mention for a great friend!
It’s wedding awards season in January. The regional winners for The Wedding Industry Awards have been announced, and this little blog post shows you exactly why awards make so much of an impact. I’m quite fiercely proud of Zoe and Gav from Bunny Delicious. Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Delicious!