And no, it’s not kilts this time! Today’s vintage wedding inspiration shoot is all about the decor and inspired by a crazy gorgeous bridal look from A’lissia Couture in Cheltenham.
It shows how to create an opulent bridal look with flowers, cakes and stationery. Discover how to create a vintage wedding look but add elements such as tartan or peacock feathers to give your wedding a unique twist!
“As a wedding planner I often see unusual elements for weddings but a specific dress made with a unique green and yellow tartan material created by A’lissia Couture in Cheltenham caught my eye straight away. I knew then that I wanted to do a photo shoot featuring the dress. Then the opportunity arose to create a photo shoot at a new wedding venue, Blaisdon Hall so I contacted A’lissia Couture. For the theme of the shoot, albeit I usually stay away from vintage wedding styles, on this occasion both the dress and the venue leant itself perfectly to a Victoriana theme.
“I chose to incorporate peacock feathers into the theme as they were a sign of wealth and opulence and created a real contrast to the tartan. Not the easiest of combinations, but I love a challenge! I pulled in the expertise from a number of Gloucestershire based suppliers to help create the effect I was looking for. By using gorgeous green satin effect material for both the table and sashes on the chairs this was matched to the greens in the peacock feathers that were used on the place cards, bouquet and also on the backs of the Victorian dining chairs. An ivory lace slip cloth was used on the table that picked up the lace on the stationery and the flowers used to create the gorgeous cake stand and cloche arrangement were picked up and echoed in the amazing cake.
“We incorporated lots of vintage style cut glass bowls and dishes as well as vintage perfume bottles on the writing desk to create a beautiful display of flowers. The hairstyles were also influenced by original Victorian styles to create an authentic vintage wedding look but with a modern twist.”
Wedding suppliers involved in the shoot were
- Wedding Planner/Stylist – Ruth Hunter & Deeanne Felman – Finesse Planning – www.finesseplanning.co.uk
- Photography – Robin Bradshaw – Bullit Photography – www.bullitphotography.co.uk
- Wedding Dress – Selinna – A’lissia Couture – www.alissiacouture.com
- Wedding Hair – Sheena Sineta – www.sheenasweddinghairstyles.co.uk
- Wedding Makeup – Sophie Chammings – www.sophiechammings.co.uk
- Florist – Maria Wilcox – Sorori Design – www.sororidesign.co.uk
- Table decor/lace cloths – Kimberley Stronach – House of Bunting – www.houseofbunting.com
- Cake – Jennie Brooks – Curtis & Co – www.curtisandcocakes.co.uk
- Models – Tamika Harris & Kerry Wilcox
- Stationery – Kelly White – White Crafts – www.whitecrafts.com