Vintage teacups and a horse called Brian: Lancashire wedding

Vintage, elegant, classic… there are too many ways I could describe Steven and Jamie-Emma’s Lancashire wedding. I love their story, their passion and their obvious love for their family and friends.

Lancashire wedding blog photography (5)

I also love Jamie’s wedding corset and skirt; I love the teacups and birdcages, the vintage table plan. I love how beautiful Jamie is, and I love the look on her mum’s face as much as I love the laughter and the hug for the little boy after what I hear was the best speech of the day.

Jamie and Ste have written their own wedding report, so I will leave you to read that (and it’s worth spending a few minutes having a real, proper read of this one I promise!) and to admire the lovely and sensitive images taken by contemporary Lancashire wedding photographer Anurag Sharma (Shutterleaf Photography). Let’s kick off with a few engagement photos though, simply because these are gorgeous! (And I miss sunshine!)

Lancashire wedding blog photography (1)

The bride and groom: Jamie-Emma & Steven Hugo

Steven proposed after a romantic meal, we went back to his mother’s where he had set the house out with a thousand tea light candles and fresh roses and rose petals.

He then blindfolded me as I walked through the house, and took me into the living room where he had also written “will you marry me?” in the living room mirror! He then got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

He had my family and friends waiting across the road so when I said yes they all came over and surprised me and joined in the celebrations!!
Lancashire wedding blog photography (2)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (3)

An elegant, vintage-inspired, Lancashire wedding

Lancashire wedding blog photography (4)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (6)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (7)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (8)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (9)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (11)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (10)

I wore an ivory two piece skirt and corset top, the skirt was Demetrios and the corset top had been designed by myself and made by a dress couture designer. I also made a few alterations to the skirt.

I also had a cathedral length ivory and crystal veil and ivory bowed shoes.

Ste – I wore a dark grey suit from the Peter Posh collection
Lancashire wedding blog photography (12)

Wedding venue – St Bartholomew’s church, Chipping

Wedding photographer – Anurag Sharma http://shutterleaf.co.uk/

How would you describe your wedding style? Vintage Elegance

Readings for Jamie and Ste’s church wedding ceremony: Today I married my best friend and Ecclesiastes – chapter 4
Lancashire wedding blog photography (13)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (14)

Wedding day highlights

Jamie-Emma: My highlights were getting ready at Gibbon Bridge with all my bridesmaids, mother, family & friends; and when I saw Ste’s face when I was walking down the aisle. He was really nervous and really emotional.

Steven – My highlight was when I saw Jamie walking down the aisle. Her dress was amazing and nothing like I had imagined – she just looked breathtaking. I also really enjoyed singing Oasis on stage with the band in front of my wife, family and friends – it was really good fun.
Lancashire wedding blog photography (15)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (16)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (17)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (18)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (19)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (20)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (21)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (22)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (23)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (24)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (25)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (26)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (27)

The wedding reception – Gibbon Bridge Hotel

Venue styling- we went for a summer/garden/vintage feel as the reception room was a glass fronted conservatory which looked out onto a beautiful garden.

So for my centrepieces I had cream birdcages dressed in lace, organza, pearls, ribbon and bird feathers and then I had candles inside the middle of the birdcages

The tables were also named after birds.

Also on the tables I had vintage tea cups and saucers with fresh ivory and baby pink gerbera flowers in.

My table plan was a vintage style screen which was dressed in lace, pearls, ribbon, diamond jewellery and all kinds of vintage loveliness!

For the children’s table I went for a vintage circus theme where I had all over the top bright coloured sweets, cameras, games, and bubbles.

For the centre piece I had circus themed cupcakes on a bright red cupcake stand.

My favourite part was the huge red lollipops which had little lollies inside as my table place names.

My wedding cake was beautiful – it was a green vintage style birdcage with lovely white birds and flowers on.
Lancashire wedding blog photography (28)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (29)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (30)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (31)

Memorable moments

Jamie – when my auntie Edwina gave me my bouquet as I was getting ready as she had done all my bridal flowers and venue flowers.

My cousin Beth had an ivory ribbon made with my old initials and new initials on. They were wrapped around the stem of my bouquet.

In the horse and carriage with my mum, maid of honour and two bridesmaids on the way to the church.

My mum walking down the aisle and giving me away to Ste, and the two of them giving each other a huge smile.

Steven – My Best Man’s speeches and our first dance as Mr & Mrs Hugo
Lancashire wedding blog photography (32)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (33)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (34)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (35)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (36)

Wedding day advice

Enjoy every moment leading up to the wedding no matter how stressful it becomes.

Try and stand back on your wedding day for a few minutes to look around at everyone and take it all in with your husband as everybody will tell you how fast the day goes but it REALLY does.
Lancashire wedding blog photography (37)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (38)

Recommended Lancashire wedding suppliers:

Lancashire wedding blog photography (39)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (40)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (41)
Lancashire wedding blog photography (42)

We’re not done yet. I spent a fair while on photographer Anurag’s website today reading about Jamie and Ste’s wedding day in his own blog post here: Lancashire photographer Jamie and Ste and in the same feature, about how Anurag works.

Wedding photography – behind the scenes

I often wonder about the gap, if you like, between the perception of how much work goes into wedding photography and the actual processes and time involved. Key to me is that photographers can’t really explain their work methods in great detail to brides and grooms, and yet it’s key to understanding pricing and the dedication of a great wedding photographer to his or her work.

Anurag doesn’t set out to justify his prices, or to ‘educate’ brides and grooms, but offers an understanding of the process which I wish every couple getting married could read. (Read ‘behind the scenes‘ from about two-thirds of the way down this page.)

• Anurag

Well wowzers! Can’t believe I photographed this one in August. Where does the time go?

• Kerrie G

There are some amazing shoots in this blog post, my favourite is the kiss pinned up against the wall with the wedding rings in focus.

It looks like it was an amazing day from start to finish and the bride looks gorgeous (I know that’s what you’re supposed to say but she really does!)

I’m a lancashire lass myself, not too far from chipping

• Kelly

Some amazing photos of Jamie and Steve we had so much fun designing the stationery and table centre pieces for this wedding we wish the couple lots of love and wish them both all the happiness in the world in their new home together xx Kelly @ flutterby couture

• Teddy

What a lovely day was had by all! Very well done to Jamie, her mum, aunty and cousin for arranging the tables and flowers so beautifully.

• laura

was a fantastic day everything was perfect well done to everyone x x x

• Dave Carter
    8 months ago

Love Gibbon Bridge Hotel. Highly recommend it, and easily accommodates both a wedding breakfast singer or duo followed by an evening reception full band.

Instagram – @englishweddingblog

• Moments or details? LOVE this pic from @crislowisphotography which for me answers the question. Yeah, we love details and planning and the excitement of making a wedding beautiful. But afterwards, when only your photos and memories are left to remind you of your best day ever? It's the moments you'll fall in love with over and over again. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#englishweddingblog #documentaryweddingphotography #documentaryweddingphotographer #documentaryweddingphotos #weddingphotographerstaffordshire #pendrellhall  #pendrellhallphotographer #pendrellhallweddingphotographer #weddingphotographers #bride #bridetobe  #realwedding #naturalweddingphotography #creativeweddingphotography #weddingphotography #instawed #unposed #reportagewedding #weddingphotojournalism #weddingphotojournalist #documentaryweddingphotography #realmoments #weddingphotographer #weddingphoto #justmarried #candid #weddinginspiration #instawedding #wedding #motherofthebride
  • Happy news for any Yorkshire brides out there - lovely @khmakeupartistry who joined English Wedding this summer *happydance* has 2 AUGUST WEEKENDS FREE!!!! Saturday 3rd August and Saturday 11th August ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Kate is based in beautiful North Yorkshire and is a little gem in everything she does. Check out her insta @khmakeupartistry ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Venue @horningtonmanor ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Photography @bloomweddingsuk ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Makeup @khmakeupartistry⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#weddingmakeup #weddingmakeupartist #wedding #northyorkshirewedding #yorkshirewedding  #bridalmakeup #bridalmakeupartist #richmondweddingsuppliers #harrogateweddingsuppliers  #yorkshirebrides #yorkshireweddingsuppliers  #countrysidewedding #weddingmakeupartist #weddingmakeupyorkshire #weddingmakeupharrogate #weddingmakeuprichmond #weddingmakeupripon
  • 5 top tips for planning an EPIC wedding video - on English-Wedding.com today with our lovely friends at @hdmoments ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Pic: James & Daryl at @clivedenhouse ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Photographer @zosiazacharia ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Flowers @joannacarterflowers ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Wedding coordinator @lydia_kenny3 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Bride's dress @oscardelarenta ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
MUA @kristinagasperasmua⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#weddingvideo #videographeruk #ukvideographers #weddingsuppliers #weddingplanning #weddingadvice #weddinghelp #clivedenhouse #clivedenhousehotel #countryhouse #weddingvideographer #weddingvideographerlondon #weddingfilm #weddingvideo #hdmomentswedding #gettingmarried #englishweddingblog #weddingmagazine #weddingplanner #weddingplanning #weddingstylist #luxurywedding
  • I've waited for months to share this beauty with you! English-Wedding.com right now ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Photographer: @evatarnok⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Second shooter: @neliprahova⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⁣Planning: @brideandbelleweddings ⁣with @champagneandsparklesltd and @victoriasykesevents⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Floral Design @maryjanevaughan ⁣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dress boutique: @morgan_davies_bridal ⁣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dress design: @ersaatelierofficial⁣ @ersaatelier⁣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Bridal accessories @poppyinpearls @clarelloydaccessories⁣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Shoes: @harrietwildeshoes⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
HMUA @alisonrjenner ⁣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Cake @thehoneybeeweddingcakeco ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Venue: @chiswick_house ⁣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Stationery: @dimitriajordan ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Silks: @silkandpurl⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Videography: @handcraftpictures_weddingfilms⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#weddingblog #englishwedding #weddingbreakfast #weddingreception #weddingcatering #luxurywedding #weddingdress #weddingplanning #summerwedding  #weddingdress #weddingstyle #bridalstyle #morgandaviesbridal #bridalgown #weddingday #weddingdaymomements #momentslikethese #momentscaptured #shotwithlove #whenyousayyes #fineartbride #londonbride
  • Groom's view - the best things about marriage: "Looking at my ring finger every day to see the ring and what it means to us. Being able to introduce Rowena as my Wife as opposed to the girlfriend! Having the lady that I fell in love with at pretty much first glance now being my wife. Coming home after work and just talking to one another spending time as a three with our 3 and a half year old daughter."⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Howard & Rowena are on English-Wedding.com today with beautiful images by @robingoodladphotography⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
See the blog for their reviews of @stunningtents @caigerandco @steelstrum and more!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#weddingblog #summerwedding #bride #groom #married #weddinggoals #dorsetweddingphotographer #weddingphotographerdorset #wedding #dorset #naturallightphotography #weddingphotographer #weddingphotography #weddingpics #shesaidyes #brideandgroom #ido #imgettingmarried #engaged #marryme #instalove #weddingideas #weddinginspiration #creativeweddingphotography #wedding #weddingsunset #photooftheday #igdaily #instadaily
  • This gorgeous pair on English-Wedding.com today 👰🤵💕⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Images - @evolvephotodevon⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Venue - @thegreencornwall ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#englishweddingblog #realweddings #weddingphotography #weddingphotoinspiration #weddingday #bride #groom #weddingphotographer #weddingphoto #weddingmoments  #weddingmoments #weddinginspirations #weddingideas #weddinginspo #weddingblog #weddingblogger #loveauthentic #cornwallwedding #weddingvenue #devonweddingphotographer #junebugweddings #somersetweddingphotographer #nofussweddingphotos⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#cornishwedding
  • Planned to perfection! Love this first dance moment from Sarah & Michael's @mappertonweddings day! Captured brilliantly by Dorset wedding photographer @linusmoran ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Dress: @teokath⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Flowers: @floristdorset⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Marquee: @taddlefarmtents⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Catering: @hungry_mule⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#firstdance #brideandgroom #weddingreception #eveningreception #choreographed #englishweddingblog ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#weddingphotography #weddings #weddinginspiration  #thisisreportage #fearlessphotographers #linusmoranphotography #documentaryweddingphotography #reportageweddingphotography #weddingphotojournalism #realmoments #momentsovermountains #weddingideas #justengaged #gettingmarried #ido #isaidyes #instalove #dorsetwedding #dorsetbrides #dorsetweddingphotographer #dorsetweddingsuppliers
  • I love this informal, different, bursting with happiness signing of the register shot! Gorgeous Penny & Jacob on English-Wedding.com today ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Photo: @johnnydentphotography⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
#signingtheregister #weddingbackdrop #modernweddingphotography #wedding #englishweddingblog #dodfordmanor #dodfordmanorwedding #isaidyes #junebugweddings #justengaged #weddinginspiration #couplegoals #ukweddingphotographer #bridetobe2019 #bridetobe2020  #devonweddingphotographer #alternativeweddingphotography #documentaryweddingphotography  #realwedding #realbride #weddingphotography #weddingphotographer #bohowedding #belovedstories #weddingphotos #relaxedweddingphotography
Antalya mutlu son Adana mutlu son istanbul mutlu son mardin mutlu son malatya mutlu son trabzon mutlu son bursa mutlu son tokat mutlu son zonguldak mutlu son batman mutlu son kutahya mutlu son

20 Modern Wedding Songs Perfect for Contemporary Couples

Article by our fabulous sponsors Entertainment Nation; header photo by the magnificent York Place Studios Ready to throw away ...