The beauty of Beth and Matt’s wedding is captured in the photos you’re about to see on today’s blog post. They married in Exeter, with a reception in Exeter Castle… a venue I’ve never featured on English Wedding Blog before (why?!) and one with a rich and intriguing history.
Today’s wedding is beautiful, with lovely details and ideas for your own day. Beth and Matt describe their wedding style as ‘relaxed, simple and rustic’ – I’d say it’s perfect.
I loved the images of children playing which first caught my eye on wedding photographer Lucy Turnbull‘s blog – there are some wonderful moments here and I hope you’ll indulge me for sharing so many photos of the younger guests – I just thought they had a magical quality.
Enough of me – time to hand over to Beth and Matt to share their story, with photos by the lovely Lucy Turnbull Photography. Enjoy!
Beth and Matt’s rustic Exeter wedding
Today’s couple are Mat Kelly & Beth Kelly (nee Cowman)
Who proposed, and how? Mat proposed at Exeter Quay on Beth’s Birthday (6th August 2011)
Wedding venue: St Michael & All Angels Church, Pinhoe, Exeter & Wedding Reception at Exeter Castle
Wedding photographer: Lucy Turnbull Photography
How would you describe your wedding style? Relaxed, Simple & Rustic
The wedding ceremony:
Religious or civil? Religious
Which readings did you choose?
- The Art of a Good Marriage, Wilfred Arlan Peterson
- The Velveteen Rabbit, Margery Williams
(more on both of these wedding readings here: http://english-wedding.com/wedding-planning/get-grounded/meaningful-wedding-readings/)
The wedding reception:
What were your wedding highlights? Wedding Service & Speeches
Wedding venue styling and details:
The wedding venue was a blank canvas so we kept it simple.
- Flowers – Pink and white with lots of greenery (Hydrangeas, Roses and Gypsophila) in silver tins & buckets
- A variety of homemade bunting grey, green, pink and cream.
- Sweet table and finger print tree instead of a guest book
- Garden games
- Tealights scattered around the venue for the evening
- Homemade hearts hung around the venue which were given out as favours at the end of the night.
Wedding music and entertainment: Lloyd Hurrell (Acoustic Guitar/Singer) & Yourperfectnight.co.uk (Disco)
What did you wear?
Bride: Benjamin Roberts dress & Dessy shoes
Groom: Moss Bros Suit Traditional Tails & Oliver Sweeney Shoes
Memorable wedding day moments: Wedding speeches & First Dance
Wedding day advice:
Stay together throughout the day so you share the same memories.
Recommended wedding suppliers:
- Lucy Turnbull Photography http://www.lucyturnbull.co.uk/
- Dartmoor Kitchens – Catering http://www.dartmoorkitchen.com/
- Event Bars South West- Bar http://www.eventbarssw.co.uk/
- Yore Cakes http://www.yorecakes.co.uk/
- Lloyd Hurrell Music https://www.facebook.com/LloydHurrellMusic
- Nicola Pettitt – Hair & Makeup http://www.nicolapettitt.com/
- Polka Dot Jewellery, Exeter – Rings http://www.polkadotgallery.com