Wow – I can’t quite believe it’s Friday already! And time to share some of the best wedding blogs of the week just gone. I’ve found you a destination wedding with bubbles, a glamorous Lancashire wedding blog, and a DIY wedding with a vintage flavour. There’s quirky Las Vegas stationery inspiration, alternative wedding dresses and a shock revelation about one of our favourite wedding readings… it’s an exciting week for wedding blogs!
The best real wedding blogs…
- Carol and Ross’s countryside wedding with pink lemonade and lace – and some details I’ll be using for inspiration for my wedding calligraphy stand in a couple of weeks!
- Into the blue – a gorgeous destination wedding with fabulous accessories by Olivier Laudus on their latest wedding blog
- An elegant, glamorous and very moving wedding at Lancashire’s Stanley House: just look at Joanne in her wedding dress… divine!
- This rustic wedding at the Matara Centre has tons of wedding ideas for you: oriental zen anyone? I adore the little wooden place names, and paper lanterns (the kind you hang from the ceiling, not the fly-away-set-trees-on-fire-kill-cows kind) are my favourite thing at the moment!
- Vicky and Gareth’s Soughton Hall wedding is beautiful – as Charlene (from Love Gets Sweeter) says, Vicky really does light up the room. And did someone mention kilts?
Think creative – alternative ideas and handmade treats for your wedding
- Already posted on my facebook page, but if anyone doesn’t already Like English Wedding Blog on facebook you’ll have missed this little beauty – fabulous and funky illustrated wedding invitations: Viva Las Vegas!
- White wedding dresses just aren’t for me – I know I’m in a minority here, but if you fancy something a little different in colour and style, there are ideas and thoughts on non-traditional wedding gowns over at Green Bride Guide right now. Worth reading!
- There are a couple of ideas here for alternative wedding table plans: wire frames (which I was searching everywhere for last weekend!), number stamps and more.
- Another very cute and distinctive wedding design idea – for stationery with a twist and bags of style, discover Jolly Bureau from Cambridge. They say smiles are non-negotiable, which is nice!
Have an opinion! Things couples should know…
- Have you seen the same ‘bride’ in more than one wedding photographer’s portfolio? They could be passing off shoots from training sessions as real weddings. Read: wedding galleries – real or fake?
- Covering tattoos on your wedding day – maybe Mum is begging you to, maybe you’d like to cover up just a little in church. Whatever the reason, there’s a beautiful way to cover a tattoo
- Types of wedding supplier and how to deal with them! I’ve met a few of these, but I promise you they’re a minority. Interesting stories from Sara here… how I’d love to know more!
- Pinterest: This is not my wedding. A good ten minutes of chuckling. Would you wear those bikini bottoms?! What about the santa-style wedding dress then?
- And finally… have you ever heard the wedding reading, “He Never Leaves the Seat Up“? It’s by Pam Ayres. But the Guardian is shocked to hear that actually, it’s not! It’s by a mystery writer. Shakespeare maybe?