I think a lovely summer wedding is just what we need! (I’ve been up for hours and my blogging fingers are freeezing this morning.) So I’m sharing Sarah and Nathan’s rustic, countryside wedding which is full of lovely ideas for your own big day.
We’re talking delicious blue cornflowers and big white daisy bouquets. There are dinky little jam jars with ribbon and flowers. I love the wedding signs, the rustic wedding post box, heart decorations and ice cream selection: Mmm… breakfast! (it’s OK, I live by the seaside. We’re allowed to do that here.)
Sarah and Nathan’s wedding day has two sides. The details are sweet and easy to recreate for your own wedding – with lots of impact and a really fresh, vibrant countryside wedding feel. But the moments between the bride and groom are magical as well: the little glances and big smiles are what a wedding day is all about. Gorgeous. Enjoy!
Thank you to beautiful bride Sarah for the wedding report below. Wedding photography is by Peagreen Photography, Oxfordshire
Sarah and Nathan’s rustic, countryside wedding day
Who proposed, and how? Nathan proposed over a champagne picnic in Oxford botanical gardens
Wedding venue: Tythe Barn
Wedding photographer: Peagreen Photography (Simon Dackombe)
How would you describe your wedding style? A simple rustic / country style wedding, nice and relaxed
The wedding ceremony: lots of tears! We were lucky to have an outside wedding in the beautiful August sunshine, which is what we envisaged the minute we saw the venue
Religious or civil? Civil
The wedding reception:
What were your highlights? Speeches, ice creams, garden games, the photo booth and everyone on the dance floor in the evening
Venue styling and details: Country style, jam jars, ribbons, cornflowers, daisies, hearts and a sweetshop
Music and entertainment: string duet, Olympic quiz and top trumps during dinner and a fantastic DJ in the evening
What did you wear? Sarah wore an ivory dress and veil from Angelica Bridal in Islington. Nathan and the groomsmen hired morning suits from Moss Bros
Wedding day advice:
- Plan everything in advance so that during the days before and the Wedding Day itself you can concentrate on relaxing and enjoying yourself.
- Make sure you ask your suppliers as many questions as you need to. They are used to it and it will make you feel more confident on your wedding morning that everything will go to plan!
Recommended wedding suppliers:
We were so lucky to have such wonderful local providers helping us on the day.
- We owe Simon many thanks for taking such lovely photos and being a great support on the day. www.peagreenphotography.co.uk
- Emma Taylor at Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts
- Amanda at the Flowershop, Deddington
- Angelica Bridal www.angelicabridal.co.uk
- Cheryl at Athena Wedding Creations
- The staff at the Tythe Barn were absolutely fabulous from start to finish and we are so grateful to them for helping us to create such a special day