I’m looking for more of the best wedding blogs to follow – so if you have one, know one or love one would you let me know where to find it? Meanwhile… here are my picks from the last week and a bit. One of my favourites is in French, but you can translate it in Google (somehow!) – it’s worth it, fab opinions on wedding tv!
The best real wedding blogs
- A Stoneleigh Abbey wedding – classically beautiful photography, a gorgeous couple and some great wedding craft ideas. Recommended for dozens of reasons including photography by one of my favourite Cheshire wedding photographers. What a glorious wedding venue for starters…
- Simone and Sean’s beautiful destination wedding in France… beautiful images, a tangible atmosphere and the romance of the French countryside. Love this! from 100 Layer Cake
- While we’re in Europe… the grace of this Italian wedding is second-to-none, with photography by the marvellous Ed Peers. I’m a big fan!
- And back home: this reportage wedding photography blog tells the story of a wedding over three days. Elegant, gentle and intuitive as ever: Lanesborough London wedding by Allister Freeman
- For something completely different, read about Rob and Kit’s wedding on Rock n Roll Bride. Kit’s tattoo is particularly impressive and brave! Musikasalan
- A wedding blogged on 100 Layer Cake, which I loved for the typography and design – lots and lots of papery treats here: Intimate wedding on 100 Layer Cake
- From London wedding photographer Anneli Marinovich: a glamorous english wedding at Hampton Court House. Loads of vintage wedding ideas – stationery, hydrangeas, teacups and a very exciting wedding cake!
- I love the romance of Kerry and Steve’s Northampton wedding ceremony – and their wedding is a beautiful celebration of love and family. There are ideas here too: it’s a classic wedding with light colours, gorgeous palest green colours and great wedding photography by Northamptonshire wedding photographer Aaron Collett
Creative wedding ideas
- Vintage wedding hair accessories – a style guide from Kate at Queens & Bowl. Great advice about the different styles from tiaras to birdcage veils and wedding combs.
- I’d love to have a go at this but it might take a week and drive me mental… still, would look as lovely in my little calligraphy studio as it would as a wedding sign: Floral wire words
- Cute letterpress wedding invitations from Artcadia – I just love letterpress 🙂
- DIY wedding corsages – a lovely wedding project to try (and show me pics if you do!) – easy step-by-step instructions and a lovely little inspiration piece
- Watercolour wedding ideas – an inspiration post from de Lovely Affair. Love this – easier than it sounds, and so colourful and fun!
Have an opinion – best discussion wedding blogs
I’ve gone for quality rather than quantity in this category! Love Nathalie’s perspective on the French equivalent of “Four Weddings”, and Nikki’s very positive blog post about rainy weddings and umbrellas!
- The French version of Four Weddings is as horrific as our own. Read this and either smile or weep… (you may need to translate in Google)
- ... I’ve just tried Google translate for the first time. I had no idea it would be that bad! Sorry, non-French speakers :-/
- Eight gorgeous reasons not to put a plastic bag on your hair on your wedding day. Brilliant – inspirational wedding brolly pictures from Nikki’s lovely wedding blog Isn’t it Ironic?
Best wedding business blogs
It seems to have been a quiet week – but do read this article: quite an interesting one about promoting a wedding business online:
- How to know if SEO is right for your wedding business. It’s about time and money – you have to invest one or the other in SEO to succeed online. Recommended reading for wedding suppliers.
- And while we’re on the subject of translation… a wedding business blog post about copyright: Interesting story and also one of the paragraphs has a heading that makes me chuckle (humour of an eleven year old, sorry…) The Copyright Smackdown…
- One more from the same source. Pinterest and copyright violation. Thoughts?