This week has been a creative and thoughtful one in English Wedding Blog land. This week’s best wedding blogs post is therefore full of creative ideas from the blogs I’ve been reading over the last few days. I’m preparing for a wedding fair (as my alter ego, the calligrapher!) and have been investigating the wedding ‘scene’ here in the Lake District. It’s an interesting place to be a wedding supplier… but more on that another time.
Best wedding blogs: real weddings
- The designers behind Love vs. Design share images of their own wedding. The stationery and details are fabulous… so are the skateboards and other creative touches 🙂
- Sunflowers and cornflowers for a beautiful late summer wedding in Surrey – this is a beauty (and so is the bride, who doesn’t think she’s photogenic… are you kidding?! Gorgeous!)
- A very unusual vintage wedding, in a barn in Somerset… with dinosaurs. Beautifully done, and such creative thinking – I like it!
- Pure elegance with Leigh and Richard’s charming wedding in Cambridge
- Love the bridesmaids dresses… all together the girls look like a rainbow! Hoveton Hall Gardens wedding on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings blog
- Top hats and a timelessly graceful wedding at Beaulieu Abbey church by documentary wedding photographer Martin Beddall
- Just a preview – but one not to be missed! – of an English garden party wedding at Gaynes Park. More please, Anneli!
- One for every bride: why vintage wedding accessories aren’t just for vintage brides – from Queens & Bowl. You don’t need a flapper dress, a 1920s hair do or reams of bunting to wear a vintage wedding accessory. (Do you need to have a wedding? Wonder if my blogging-gear could use a little sparkle…)
- US calligrapher Jennifer shares a sneak preview of calligraphy envelope artwork… this is contemporary wedding calligraphy with an artistic touch. A gorgeous idea!
- A creative bridesmaid ideas shoot on Teaspoon Events wedding blog…. lovely ideas for you to take home and dream about… check out the beautiful, colourful bouquet!
- A very rare opportunity to get designer wedding stationery from Bunny Delicious at a discounted price. I’ve already shared this on my facebook page but if you missed it there you have just 9 days left to claim this one! Don’t miss it: B is for Birdcage and Bargarama discount from Bunny Delicious.
Have an opinion
- A very honest blog post by Sara at Under the Vintage Veil: for brides – how to tell if you’re overdoing your wedding planning and how to fix things. Is your wedding the be-all and end-all?… are you having nightmares, arguments… then read this. Please.
- Do you take this family… An insightful post by a wedding planner about the relationship between planner, couples and families. Learn about the friendly side of having a wedding planner help organise your big day. This is quite heart-warming!
- Controlling wedding planning stress is a big deal, and there’s another great piece to help you manage things this week. This one’s from Queens & Bowl: the stresses of wedding planning and how to control them
Wedding business advice and tips
- Huge respect for Vintage Twee – I look to Joanne for inspiration on working with other wedding suppliers and getting involved in shoots to promote a wedding business. Vintage Twee: captured!
- Thoughts on competition from the Wedding IQ blog (for wedding suppliers). I find this one quite interesting – especially that some wedding suppliers still obsess over competitors. Thought-provoking… (and I hope Jennifer will be back with more soon)
- Using a blog as the core of your online marketing – great post by Paprika Marketing showing why and how a blog is fantastic for marketing a wedding business.
- Think big: an inspirational piece from Copyblogger: How an unknown street artist used content marketing to build a global brand. Can you apply this to your wedding business?
- Ever had that horrible sinking feeling when a bride or groom isn’t 100% happy with your services? It happens to the best of us, as this blog post by Lisa Devlin on Rock n Roll Bride proves. Very brave. Great Expectations