It’s going to be a beautiful day. I’ve woken up this morning feeling happy and excited about the real wedding I’m about to share with you. Genny and Jon’s marquee wedding at home is just wonderful and I know you’ll love it.
The overall tone of their wedding day is countryside charm with elegant touches. Genny’s wedding dress begins the day pristine and then meets a field… there’s plenty of laughter with some adorable cheeky faces during the wedding ceremony and reception. The raindrops make this one a beautiful English wedding – the weather becomes a part of the day in these lovely images you’re about to see. Genny and Jon chose Bristol wedding photographer Brett Symes to photograph their marquee wedding at home – he’s fantastic.
Genny and Jon’s marquee wedding at home
Who proposed, and how?
Jon proposed after one son! – he got down on one knee on Primrose Hill, London, then we had another son and he built our family home before we finally got wed!
The wedding venue:
At home, in our local church and we walked back to a marquee in our garden.
Wedding photographer: Brett Symes!
The wedding reception was in our garden, in Upham, near Winchester
What were your wedding highlights?
- Having our two sons as our page boys and ring bearers
- Having the rain hold off for long enough so we couls all walk back from the church
- The whole family relaxed but special feel of the day!
Marquee wedding styling and details:
Large paper Chinese lanterns, long tables filled with flowers and candles all keeping to a cream and white palette. Apart from the vibrant Choccywoccydoodah cake and the moustaches and lips on sticks favours!
Wedding music and entertainment:
We had an amazing singer Jodie Gray in the church who sang Amazing Grace whilst we signed the register, she definitely kept everyone in silence and in awe by the end!
Our fabulous band were Freddie & The Freeloaders and they were even better than we expected!
Memorable wedding day moments:
- Seeing our two sons bring our wedding rings up to us on the ring cushions Jon’s mum had made
- Walking back from church with all our guests
- Getting my wedding dress filthy traipsing across the fields!
- Seeing everyone we loved together
Wedding day advice:
- Enjoy it, it will all come together and it will be worth all the hard work a hundred times over!
- Take the time to thank the people who have helped you with the wedding in the morning in case you don’t have the time later!
Genny and Jon’s recommended wedding suppliers:
- Greenhill marquees – 01962 777812 – email@example.com
- Vanilla Caterers were AMAZING!!!! – 01489 589275 Vanilla Gourmet Catering Limited, Unit E, Building 9, Swanwick Marina, Swanwick, Southampton, SO31 1ZL. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freddie & The Freeloaders email@example.com
- Brett Symes Bristol wedding photographer 07760 130044 www.brettsymesphotography.co.uk
- Lucinda younger – amazing make up artist! www.lucindayounger.co.uk