Happy Friday afternoon, everyone! It’s time once again to share the best of the week’s wedding blogs – from around the UK and a little way overseas. I’m quite proud of my selection this week – hope you love it!
Real wedding blogs and engagements
- There’s a touch of English style to this lovely garden wedding from Style Me Pretty
- Documentary wedding photography at its best: a beautiful Ridge Farm wedding
- Engagement shoot inspiration from Cambridge: a Sidney Sussex College photo shoot
- A beautiful English wedding: from Crockwell Farm, by Aaron Collett Photography
- A wedding blog from San Francisco: look out for the bride and groom on the windowsill!
- A chic wedding at London’s Mayfair – from Love Luxe Blog
- I love this engagement session from ARJ Photo – beautiful and inspiring
- Talk about different – the world is indeed your oyster… Junk boat wedding blog
- An intimate wedding in Paris – divine!
- A Star Wars wedding from Plans & Presents blog… with actual (real) storm troopers. (I think.)
- Take inspiration from these pastel wedding ideas on 100 Layer Cake
- Proof that a great designer can turn their hand to any wedding theme – real creativity! Racing themed wedding stationery
- Le Vin d’Honneur – I’m not sure how ‘vin d’honneur’ translates… is it the wine for making toasts? Either way, these ice cubes with flowers in are fantastic! Worth a look…
- Place cards and drinks mats in one – love this idea!
- A most curious party – wedding fairs with a difference, all about artisan wedding suppliers. A brilliant idea, and here’s more information for you. Intriguing…
Have an opinion
- Are your wedding guests bringing guests? Or is one plus one too many? I’m not sure I’d invite strangers to my wedding… but even if you don’t, you can expect to be asked…
- A blog post which will make you think differently about your wedding photography. Love this. A Thousand to One
- I hate the phrase “keep calm and carry on”. This says it so much better…
- As a wedding designer does this apply to you? Are your clients ‘buying the artist‘? They should be, if you ask me…
Wedding business blogs
- Ever lost a day’s pay because you’re working for a friend for free? If that’s £150 it’s fine (been there, done that and will do it again I hope!) but if you’re a wedding photographer faced with losing £2k… Alex Beadon is here to help. Excellent.
- Are you running a wedding business at home, with a baby / toddler / young child to care for? Read this post and see them as inspiration (a great read for non-parents too)
- “Winging it.” Great phrase, and a very perceptive post about confidence and blogging – I definitely identify with nickhereandnow (found via the marvellous Scarlet Blue).
- Find that big idea which will make your wedding business an overwhelming success!
- Techy stuff: for those wedding businesses and bloggers using WordPress: 10 plugins for securing your wordpress site from hackers
- And some basic online security tips for everyone. An essential read!
Have an amazing weekend – see you on Monday!