The beauty of this wedding blog feature is all about the details. A creative project by The Manchester Vintage Collective, the photos (by Foley Photography) tell the story of a wartime bride who waits for the return of her groom.
There are some lovely vintage wedding ideas here – from the gorgeous paper accessories by Joanne at Vintage Twee to the flowers in the suitcase table plan… if you’re a true fan of vintage, then this is for you!
Vintage wedding ideas shoot from Manchester
Vintage wedding table plan and accessories
The ‘Manchester Vintage Collective’ styled and shot four different eras – 1920s through to 1950s – capturing the essence of each period through the flowers, styling, stationery, accessories, bridal wear etc. This is the 1940s part of the shoot, and I’m looking forward to seeing the other eras – 1920s through to 1950s – on other wedding blogs!
More from the Manchester Vintage Collective:
Diamond Jubilee wedding ideas on Love My Dress Blog
Wedding supplier information: The Manchester Vintage Collective
- Photography – Foley Photography
- Venue – Manchester Art Gallery
- Bridalwear – Dress By Dodie
- Bespoke tailor – James – Harris and Howard
- Make up and styling – Jenny – Gorgeous Flawless
- Hair – Adam – Peewees
- Letterpress designer – Jacqui – Print For Love Of Wood
- Table decor and favours – Joanne at Vintage Twee
- Vintage china and props – Katie – Perfect Days Vintage
- Hair accessories and jewellery- Michelle – tel 0161 945 8433
- Cupcakes – Laura – Airyfairy Cake Boutique
- Flowers – Clare at Blush Rose
- Diamond rings – GIA Diamonds
- Textile designer – Emily Bucknell
Manchester Vintage Collective are a group of small and growing businesses who are passionate about all things vintage.
To show our love, we have joined our talents and resources to create a collaborative photo shoot. The shoot was coordinated by Amedea of Foley Photography and with the help of Manchester Art Gallery providing a stunning venue.
The result is a set of truly exquisite images from the day. It’s the perfect showcase for a happy couple planning their big day inspired by the 1920s, 30s, 40s and 50s.
The Manchester Vintage Collective will continue to work together on more wedding and vintage related events to create, inspire and fulfil every bride and groom’s perfect day desires.